Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Studio 9 closing at 1am.....?

so Studio 9 had to shut down at 1am this past saturday nite???

was it just for 1 nite or will it be like every saturday nite from now on?

I heard from a Promoter that it was just for the Fri & Sat of last week....Thurs they already Close at 2AM, so just Fri & Sat they lost the 3AM closing and had to go to 1AM but WHO KNOWS....

Rumor has it the city of Woodbridge is pushing for an 11 pm closing. Is that true? If so, that's bullshit and the last time I ever step foot in Studio 9 again.

maybe if they didn't advertise Hip-hop parties, the town wouldn't be on their ass....

I think we can recall the shoot-out at Club Sleep

never expereniced a shooting at a club to date, but that has to be scary. When you say 11:00 PM, you mean the whole town of Woodbridge, or just Studio 9? If you ask me, seems like Studio 9 is going down hill. By the way, I heard that Chris Michaels's Steakhouse is open, has anyone been yet?

I dont see what all the bs is about because a club had to close early. These things happen. It's unfortunate but they happen. No big deal. I love how all the rumors and stories surface about the club being sold, and the township coming in and shutting them down.. LOL. Makes me laugh actually.

I dont see what all the bs is about because a club had to close early. These things happen. It's unfortunate but they happen. No big deal. I love how all the rumors and stories surface about the club being sold, and the township coming in and shutting them down.. LOL. Makes me laugh actually.

taken from Amuka's bulletin

Date: Oct 6, 2006 4:59 PM

Subject No show @ Studio 9 tomorrow night.

Body: Due to an ordinance passed by the City of Woodbridge, Studio 9 must now close their doors @ 1:00 am. Because of this I will not be performing @ Studio 9 tomorrow night.

I am deeply sorry for the fans who planned on coming out to see me perform tomorrow night, I just got the news minutes ago myself.

However, I will be performing next Saturday night October 14 at Soundgarden in Lodi, NJ.

Come out and support the club scene and party with me!!!! We'll have a great time, SOUNGARDEN ROCKS!!!!

with that being said....please explain why they had to close early

BTW...what do you do at Studio 9?

I dont do anything at Studio 9. I just know the owners that's all. Woobridge is a tough town for nightclubs. The club didn't lose their liquor license, the club isn't sold, maybe in the future yes, but not right now. it's all politics. Too involved for me to explain it. And it's really not for public knowledge.

I dont do anything at Studio 9. I just know the owners that's all. Woobridge is a tough town for nightclubs. The club didn't lose their liquor license, the club isn't sold, maybe in the future yes, but not right now. it's all politics. Too involved for me to explain it. And it's really not for public knowledge.

so will it go back to a 3am closing?

Whats the promo this week? Haven't heard much

Im not sure really.. I dont keep up much with the weekly stuff going on there. Friday will be the the hip hop thing as usual which always works well, and Saturday will be the norm i guess. Havent heard anything other than that. Their hip hop nights have always been really good, and never any problems. All in all the club hasn't had any major probs except that one thing on that indian night last year i think??

Talked to a VERY big promoter that works there in AC at the Night Club Convention, I was told that ti will be 1AM closing for AT LEAST 3-4-week. The township would like to make it form here on it but the club filed a disput. If the 1AM closing goes for longer than 4 weeks, they will lose a large group of promoters, employees and customers, that goes with out saying.

The club IS and HAS been up for sale for almost since they opened, as a lot of clubs in the area are, ppl just don't know about it....So we shall see!

Hi everyone! Just so everyone knows, this is a FACT. The township of Woodbridge has now passed an ordinance that EVERY BAR AND CLUB must now close at 1 a.m.

This is all due to someone who was hurt badly at the old "Packee's Pub" on Route 1. This is all true. Sorry everyone, but it looks like not only Studio 9 will be calling last call at 12:30 a.m., but wherever you go in Woodbridge, all bars will be done at 1 a.m.

My info comes from a Woodbridge P.D. Lieutenant, so take it for what it's worth.

It's a shame, I had a lot of great times at Studio 9...after 1 am :)