Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why does it rain in Exit?

Can someone please tell me why water drips from the ceiling at Exit? Is it the A/C sweating?? I have never left a club and been so nasty in my life. Between the amount of dancing and sweating I did along with the water falling from up above, I could ring my clothes out by the end of the night. They need to do something about this. Does anyone know what I am talking about?. Just curious.

I know what exactly u're talking about~!!! Ahh I know .. every single time I feel drop of water (praying that it's only water.. well who knows..?? ) I look up and wonder where it came from... I alwayz thought some1 was just messing with me by pouring water from the 2nd floor (some people think it's funny... ) but I know it's not. I wonder where it's coming from too... it's definately not the "snow" (I luv it...)since where I was sitting last time.. noo way~!

Well it's gross in there as every1 knows... so I guess don't let couple droplets of ??? bother ya so much~! When I come back from clubbing there god I smell horrible but what can we do~?

Tomochan

Originally posted by ultracrzy:

Hahaha , Does it really rain now, I guess its the summer Baby, Last time i was there it used to snow, but that was part of the show, which is one of the lil things i like about Exit. Maybe you were on the roof section..? LOL

I think I know the difference between the confetti...or "snow" they drop from the ceiling, and water. Next time you go, stand near the stage and I guarantee you will feel it. And for all you who says the water "feels good" and is refreshing....I don't know how you can say some warm dirty water that fell from a ceiling in a NYC club feels great. I think it's pretty nasty

she didnt mean the snow smile.gif what you are probably talking about is water dripping from the air conditioners. yes it sucks, the whole floor is wet, sucks to dance, i once slipped and fell off stage wink.gif other then that it could be spit, or water or god knows what else people throw at you from the 2nd floor, i seen soda, drinks and one time even a juice head taking a piss until the bouncers pulled him away. Dont get dressed for clubs, i use to but not any more, dress to dance. once you get in, its dark, everyone is fucked up and no one gives a damn what you are wearing, when i come out everything smells like shit and is soaked in sweat, water and who knows what else frown.gif

I went there one night when it rained outside and the a/c was dripping like crazy....It fucking sucks..the worst time I had there...there were no a/c on and it was like 100 degress in there the walls...yes the walls were even sweating..now thats some shit

i was at Exit last week. If u have been there b4 then u know that most teh people are on E. I am not one of these people, however, I assumed the water was to enhance their experience since everything feels "amazing" when ur on it- especially the rain and snow.it's just an assumption though. wink.gif

Originally posted by alexz:

one time even a juice head taking a piss until the bouncers pulled him away. frown.gif

Jeas i was just kidding about that last post

i came back and decided to read the rest of the replys

that is nasty

your gonna get everyone scared shitless now

everytime a drop falls on someone who reads this board in Exit there gonna think a/c or steriod deposit being urinated

------------------

When the going gets weird

the weird turns pro...

You guys are soo funny. The reason you feel water droplets ( I've felt it too ) is because of the snow. The water in the pipes drips out usually after it snows or when its going to. I think its kind of gross too but at least its not alot of water dripping down biggrin.gif

Calyandra@aol.com

Virgo Gues+list

Exit Fridays

------------------

~*A friend in needs a friend indeed a friend with weed (or E) is better*~

Calyandra...im sure it partly due to the pipes and rain from outside, but me and my friend were actually paying attention to this last friday and we decided that the main floor in exit and the surrounding balcony is disgusting...

Exit gets soo hot and sweaty that the hot air rises and forms a layer of dripping water on the roof...It is GROSS...those drips falling on you is a build up of nasty sweat...this is why im never on the main floor smile.gif

------------------

"Absent Minded" guestlist at Exit and Tunnel.

"Warren's list" at AriA.

email me (IrvGrampa@aol.com) or call me @ 914-912-9518

hahahahaha

your replies are awsome!!!

well its not only on the main floor but evrywhere you go

hahaha maybe the meathead pissing on the second floor poked holes on the roof?

exit nightclub baby!

i love there water bottles

anyone going this weekend?

alamo

alamohq.com

[This message has been edited by alamo (edited 08-02-2000).]

Can't say for sure b/c I don't go to Exit, but it "rains" in other clubs as well....Roxy, Twilo, SF on occassion. The answer could be the pipes sweating, but it usually is from the heat...aka condensation. It's so hot and humid in there, that the heat builds up and turns to water and falls from the ceiling.

I know, lovely isn't it?

addaboy

Okay, for the open minded who want to know to the REAL reason: Exit has 200 tons of AC, and is one of the FEW clubs in Manhattan that ACTUALLY HAVE AIR CONDITIONING. NYC Fire Codes only require exhaust fans, nothing more. Like all Industrial AC Units, when the warm humid air hits the Cold Ducts condensation forms. This is the reason for the drips. I'm going to have to get back to you on the reason for discoloration; everything at Exit is brand new, so I doubt very much that it has to do with dirt.

(Pooch, if you get an answer from steve before I do...please post it)

As for the COOLEST place in the club, look under the DJ Booth at the Glass Encased room where the amps are...it's kept at a constant 60 degrees.

Just dance and enjoy yourself. Nothing icky...

HERE'S THE REAL REASON. RIGHT BEFORE THEY DO THE CLIMAX WITH THE SNOW, YOU FEEL SOME WATER DRIPPING ABOUT 15 MIN BEFORE IT SNOWS. ONCE I START FEELING THE WATER, I KNOW IT'S GONNA SNOW. IF YOU'RE NEAR THE BACK, YOU'LL SEE HOW WET IT GETS ON THE DANCE FLOOR. BUT AFTER IT SNOWS, YOU'LL NOTICE THAT YOU DON'T FEEL THE WATER DRIPPIN'. ANYONE EVER NOTICE THAT?

Are you talking about the snow effect?? ...or the sweaty ceiling ...I noticed that too ...I think it's due to the poorly designed colling/vent system. There is no air circulation in that place. I know exactly you mean when you say that it rains in there

------------------

...Ph0eniX

These are facts. The water dripping is mainly Condensation from the combination of cold air and the humidity. "The other part is probrably from the JuiceHeads Dancing on the Platforms smile.gif ". Exit is a big room (60 feet from floor to ceiling). I asked my best friend (brother). Some clubs differ due to thier ventalation. Hope that helps.

------------------

It's all in the music

Originally posted by wert:

GONZO <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/ <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">guestlists</A> /" TARGET="_blank"> <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">GUEST LIST</A> </A> INVITES YOU TO EXIT. FRIDAYS

DO I HAVE SPECIAL PRIVLEDGES?

------------------

When the going gets weird

the weird turns pro...