Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is everything different here than Europe?

bhs

Hey all,

I just moved to New York from Milano/ Italy.. I just moved in to my place and I settled down everything. I'm finally thinking to go out this weekend but as I experienced to go to clubs almost all over the Europe, I dont know how things are in New York City.. So, I would need some basic informations. I'll be glad if you guys help me out.

1) Is there a fee to enter to club?

2) Does everyone standing and drinking inside of the club or is it just like Europe, when you buy a bottle, you get a table with fruit salad and chips?

3) Whats the popular drinks over there other than special drinks such as martini, long island icea tea etc? For example, Absolut Vodka with Redbull is extremely popular over the Europe and most people open up Absolut bottle and it comes with like 10 to 15 redbulls..

4) Whats the price range for bottle? I guess table, fruit salad and chips are included when you buy the bottle.. So, how much will it be in total you guys think?..

5) I talked to few people and they told me Crobar and Pacha are good ones. Do you guys have any recommendations other than those two?

I appreciate it for answers..

Well i will be a bit BIAS and say go to LOVE on thurs the 26th for a party im doing there, no dress code no attitude only people who are there for the music to dance and enjoy themselves. Heres teh info

cascades1026.jpg

Now if your looking for a BIG ROOM experience then ys i would say go to CROBAR and PACHA depending on your musical tastes and these places have a cover if your on a list sometimes its free most times its reduced.

Now if your looking for a good small intimate room (200-300 people?) i suggest you check out CIELO (the best club in nyc) mon/weds theres no dress code or attirude either FRANCOIS K on mon, LOUIE VEGA on weds. The other nights like thurs,fri,sat, have various djs sometimes their own residents sometimes a big dj sometimes a tough door. SAT NOV 4th i suggest you check it out and listen to TEDD PATTERSON for his monthly party there. Sun also are no dress code and attitude depending on the dj as well.

LOVE (has the best soundsystem in nyc and can power both crobar and pacha, i kid you not) is also a good small venue that is made for a music head. There have very different music on certain nights so check thier alendar. The only Secure night is the every 2 sun JOE CLAUSSELL bangs it out.

Over at Sullivan room its another smaller venue that feels like a big living room with family and friends and great music depending on what your into.

Now theres tons of other parties that take place weekly or monthly as well the best party in NYC at the moment in my opinion is 718 SESSIONS with DANNY KRIVIT once a month, THE VIBE in that room is unmatched, you have to see it to believe it.

Also SHELTER is the longest running party in NYC history 15yrs now, from sat night 11pm-sun afternoon 12,1,2,3pm. Check it out when you get the chance.

STEREO is opening on nov 18th with ANGEL MORAES and tahts gonna be a great night.

There are a ton of smaller lounges and bars that are usually free or 5 bucks that have good local talent, like LE SOUK/ SAPPHIRE LOUNGE/ SIN SIN/ FALUKA/ ALIBI/ etc.

Now if your looking for food or fruits and stuff usuall the only parties that do such a thing are the deephouse parties like SHELTER/ Joe claussel parties, aint nothing but a house party/the loft, etc.

Have a good time in NYC and see you ont he dancefloor, also be aware theres a lot of trash talkers on this board who will waste your time, try not to fall into their bullshit.

Hey all,

I just moved to New York from Milano/ Italy.. I just moved in to my place and I settled down everything. I'm finally thinking to go out this weekend but as I experienced to go to clubs almost all over the Europe, I dont know how things are in New York City.. So, I would need some basic informations. I'll be glad if you guys help me out.

2) Does everyone standing and drinking inside of the club or is it just like Europe, when you buy a bottle, you get a table with fruit salad and chips?

3) Whats the popular drinks over there other than special drinks such as martini, long island icea tea etc? For example, Absolut Vodka with Redbull is extremely popular over the Europe and most people open up Absolut bottle and it comes with like 10 to 15 redbulls..

4) Whats the price range for bottle? I guess table, fruit salad and chips are included when you buy the bottle.. So, how much will it be in total you guys think?..

5) I talked to few people and they told me Crobar and Pacha are good ones. Do you guys have any recommendations other than those two?

wow fruit salad and chips come w ur table in italy? awesome! haha. not here in new york....sometimes there are bananas and apples floating around at big places like pacha, copacabana, etc. but that's not a standard thing I've seen before here..... bottles are like $200+ at many places; and reserving a table can get you into the more exclusive clubs if you are not on any particular guest list.

who are ur fav djs? what kind of crowd do you like???

Noticeable differences:

-no smoking in clubs

-dance moves are totally different between European clubbers and US clubbers

-no alcohol after 3 or 4am (which sucks!)

-more drugs use

-in NY they put more ice cubes than actual liquid in your glass!

Pacha and Crobar are 2 big clubs here, but there are plenty of smaller yet great clubs/lounges here. SilverBull mentionned plenty of those places.

Enjoy NY! I just moved here myself and I am loving it.

Ciao Ciao

Thanks for recommendations.

Fruit salad and chips??

Absolutely. They dont just bring bottle and glasses when you pay over $300 to them.. They bring some snacks with it.. It's usually fruit salads and chips..

Well, I am open to all music except hip hop, rap, heavy rock..

And by the way, is there a limit for openning bottles when you reserve a table?.. Some clubs require at least 2 bottles in order to reserve table in Europe.. Is it same here or can I just reserve table with only one bottle?

Thanks all..

Thanks for recommendations.

Absolutely. They dont just bring bottle and glasses when you pay over $300 to them.. They bring some snacks with it.. It's usually fruit salads and chips..

good to know, sometimes when im partying i get so damn hungry and the only thing to buy in the club is a $3 bag of skittles in the bathroom lol.

Hey all,

1) Tu scherzi? Solo per entrare, devi paghare $20-35.

2+ 4) Per le tabelle, solamente devi paghare cento per una persona. Ma il requisto e' dieci pesone per una tabella.

3) Per essempio, una bottiglia di Absolut costa piu di $200.

5) Cielo e' piccolo, ma e' il migliore. E non ascolti a montbh. Lui e' un propio cazzo e la sua ragazza ha una faccia brutta come un cavallo.

Noticeable differences:

-no smoking in clubs

-dance moves are totally different between European clubbers and US clubbers

-no alcohol after 3 or 4am (which sucks!)

-more drugs use

-in NY they put more ice cubes than actual liquid in your glass!

Pacha and Crobar are 2 big clubs here, but there are plenty of smaller yet great clubs/lounges here. SilverBull mentionned plenty of those places.

Enjoy NY! I just moved here myself and I am loving it.

Ciao Ciao

i know ur not complaining about alcohol in NY? if u r..ur the first person ever to do so. it took 400$ for me and my friend (a girl who weighs 110lbs) to get drunk in London one year....they pour mixed drinks like its a sin to get someone drunk....

1) Tu scherzi? Solo per entrare, devi paghare $20-35.

2+ 4) Per le tabelle, solamente devi paghare cento per una persona. Ma il requisto e' dieci pesone per una tabella.

3) Per essempio, una bottiglia di Absolut costa piu di $200.

5) Cielo e' piccolo, ma e' il migliore. E non ascolti a montbh. Lui e' un propio cazzo e la sua ragazza ha una faccia brutta come un cavallo.

doom #5 that's not nice!!! and not true at all.....

speaking of europe heres a clip of when i went to oslo,norway this summer at one of the parties i went to.

And heres a clip in a radio station where i was playing some tracks before getting interviewed Mind you the girls you see me with well just left some after hrs party to go to this show so im a bit sweaty and thier a bit out there lol:

Ok I will ask.. Why were you at a radio station in Norway? Did they ask you and why? And what is that video supose to show? Also how many black t-shirts made the trip?

well basically i was in norway in 2005 with the g/f (shes half norwegian/half chinese) and went again this yr for 2 weeks. I know a few people in the house scene out there and when i told them i was comin they set up a radio thing for me to play some tunes that i love and also interview me about stimulus response parties, venues djs i like. what i think the difference is between the scenes in norway and nyc. What were my influences as well as how i got introduced to the music and what were my fave moments, etc. It was about an hr the whole thing.

As for the black shirt comments lets see about 16-17. And this thread was about europe and being that my trip to norway is the only experience i had in europe i figured i would share it with some clips that i took.