Clubplanet Nightlife Community

a BOOK you MUST read!!!!

TUCK EVERLASTING by Natalie Bobbit

READ THIS BOOK!!! I promise, it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

Its meant for young adults so it's very easy reading and not long at all... Trust me on this one GO GET IT! email me when you're done I would love to hear what you think!!!

MissDiva19@aol.com

------------------

--=== Deep into the vibe of house music ===--

MissDiva19@aol.com

What is this book about??? I love reading mew books, especially b/c I take the train to and from work and I like something to read to keep me busy.

------------------

It takes a minute to like someone, an hour to get to know someone, a month to love someone, but it takes a life time to get over someone.

Kat7135672@aol.com

LOL actually its BABBIT smile.gif

Its about this young girl who finds a spring with water that lets you live forever. She has to decide whether to drink or not...she meets all these people along the way who help her..its just incredible......

GO GET IT smile.gif)) enjoy!!

------------------

MissDiva19@aol.com

QUERY - I read that too. AMAZING! Its incredible how many books have been written about the club/drug/music worlds, either for amusement purposes or just to educate....Its just nice sometimes to get lost in someone else drama smile.gif I know a lot of people dont like to read, or dont have the attention span (hey, this is coming from an ADD baby!) but it really helps you try to sort shit out and you find yourself totally associating yourself with a lot of what's written....I would come home from afterhours when i was in highschool and curl up in bed trying to sober up and read LOL

smile.gif any other book suggestions please post!

Rene

------------------

MissDiva19@aol.com

Some wonderful ones - interesting a lot of the authors still use drugs or are ex clubbers/drug users!

Altered State : The Story of Ecstasy Culture and Acid House (Five Star)

Generation Ecstasy by Simon Reynolds

Ecstasy : Dance, Trance & Transformation

by Nicholas Saunders, - this guy wrote like 10 books on E, just recently died, his stuff is AMAZING

Ecstasy Club : A Novel by Douglas Rushkoff

Clubbing: Clubbing Culture and Experience

by Ben Malbon

------------------

MissDiva19@aol.com

It's Very weird you brought u pthis book topic, i was about to do it myself, But with a diff book>????

Anyway, a few weeks, or days? (Im fried) ago,

I was window shoping in the village, and i ran into, James.St James, I have not seen him, in the longest time, and it was just freaky, Anyway, hes living in LA, and planning on moving back to NY, in the near future, it was just weird, Anyway, if you havent seen, or read the book,

"Bisco bloodbath" It is very funny, but some people dont get it, I guess to understand it, you needed to be part of the "club kid"

Scene, and the whole scene that took over NYC

They were crazy times, and sometimes, i wish for them to appear again,

But this time, lets leave murder" out of it

k?

Hahah, smile.gif

Me

P.s> miss diva, thanks for the tip on the book,

ill have to go pick it up

*MuaH*

------------------

"This MuTha Fucka!! comes up to me!!! , and pulls out his D---,And gets all up in My shit, and has the mutha fukn nerve to ask "Am i hurting you" i was like "Mutha fucka, you are tickaling me, get your fat,crust,skanky,wanna be down"Fat ass off me............and pay me my 20 bucks!>> Sweet Pussy Pauline(NYC)

Guest crystalmethodny

Illusions by Richard Bach.

Read it.

-CM

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Jaysea -- are you in soho? (it says that next 2 your name just curious bc im in the west village - anyway email me at MissDiva19@aol.com) and about disco bloodbath...yea i read that the day it came out. that's when i just started going out, disco 2000 days, so i was more of a spectator but certainly experienced it. And did you ever see SHAMPOO HORNS? its basically the movie to go along with it - funny thing is one of the girls in the movie (cheyenne - used to do the door at limeight for like 6 years) is one of my best friends now, but i didnt know her then! We worked together at life a few years ago and I was like werent u in that movie? lol

Rene

------------------

MissDiva19@aol.com

Hunter S.Thompson

..Fear And Loating in Las Vegas

..The Great Shark Hunt

..Better Than Sex

..The Rum Diarys

Howard Stern

..Private Parts

..Miss America

Robin Quivers

..Quivers A Life

Jackie The Jokeman's joke book

William Upski Wimsatt

..Bomb The Suburbs

Henry Chaflant

..Subway Art

..Spray Can Art

Stephen Davis

..Walk This Way (autobiography of aerosmith)

Yeah I read books

But yet

I SUCKED IN SCHOOL?

------------------

When the going gets weird

the weird turns pro...

I must say that I'm not a big reader but if I begin to read a book the first page has to keep me interested..(I'm the impatient and bored-easily type) However two books that I recommend highly, especially to the ladies, are "Memoirs of a Gesiha" and "Summer Sisters" These are the kind of books that once you read the first line, you can't put them down. They were so awesome!!!! I'm reading "Memoirs" again because I loved it so damn much!

Elmore Leonard Books are pretty entertaining:

Out of Sight

Get Shorty

Be Cool

Rum Punch

------------------

"...I'm going to show them a world, without you. A world without rules and

controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there is the choice I leave to you." -THE MATRIX

Originally posted by cazz926:

Anything by Kurt Vonnegut is not only intelligent, but hilarious.

Dead on, Kurt Vonnegut's writing is awesome!

Extacy by Irvin Welsh (the guy who wrote trainspotting) It's three really good short stories.

Fear and Loathing in LV is great too.

Vurt by Jeff Noon is really cool also, it's a futuristic book about electronic/virtual tripping.

I've got plenty others to recommend so if you wanna talk about books email me smile.gif

crossymaster@netscape.net

------------------

BAC

If a man does not keep pace with his companions,

perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.