Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Two Thumbs Down for Danny T.

Yeah, my friend and I went, and it was not a quality night, as far as music goes. Just being honest. We have been Danny fans for a looooong time, and I even have an "Danny" shirt that I've been wearing for a couple of years, which I'm thinking of retiring. I'm very sad about it.

Listen I was a Friday night regular at Vinyl. Your not the only one that is dissapointed by Danny. My last 3 experiences were so bad I gave him up too.

Look danny will always have his following, but look around at his current parties, not as many familar faces from days past. I guess the few year gap has something to do with it but Im with ya, not a fan anymore...

is there ever a discussion about a DJ where the 'old school' people say that the 'new school' version of the DJ and his crowd aren't lame?

times change

people change

music changes

learn to evolve.

it's not 1998, and it will never be again. I promise.

as for Danny. I went and had fun, for myself. Noone else, no long track list. No crying about the crowd. I had fun. End of story.

are yuo kidding me nothign but the familiar faces on that dancefloor from around 1pm-445pm when he stopped. All the people ive known since 2002 were all over that floor till the last record.

Aside from that as usual when he plays a long set he caters to a lot of different styles to alot of DIFFERENT people, thats what seperates him from other djs who only play one sound a whole night to one crowd.

If you want to hear the old school danny then stay till the end or at least the last 4hrs or so.

I thought Danny played great....A lot different then his last two sets at Pacha, he started off playing hard and got lighter as the night went on....Anyone know the name of the record he played around 11 30 am when he said Are you all ready for some tribal technoo I use to play this record 10 years ago @ Twilo.....That track was nutttty......Anyway I left around 12 30 to a completely packed dancefloor and he was still going strong.....Although I love dannys dark hard side, I like his mellower side as well so Im gonna have to say that I enjoyed the set a lot.....

I was there from 8am to 12pm...I can't believe he went to 4:45pm....people were still in there? I can't do that anymore...regardless...he was killing it for 2hours out of the 4 I was there and I couldn't even keep up...he was playing some sick tribal song and the liquid nitrogen was being continously shot out it was awesome...he played an insane vocal at 11:11am and was sampling it over and over...that was great...the last song I heard was "I wanna be your friend" and then he sampled Elements...that was nasty...he played for 16 hours give the guy a break not every song will be a bomb...still the best dj I have ever heard and he plays track that you never hear from other dj's....Danny thanks for another incredible night....

he played for 16 hours give the guy a break not every song will be a bomb

...and it shouldn't be. The ability to drop nothing but bangers doesn't make someone a good DJ. Great DJs know how to work a dancefloor and drop those big tracks at just the right times.

hey fired up that song you were talking about is actually called "I'LL BE YOUR ELEMENTS" it a mix that prince quick mix did on a white lable back in 2001 with booth Danny T elements and Robert owens I'll be your friend was good hearing that track i havent heard it in a club in almost 2rs now. LUCKY13 all i can say is Exactly. New Tracks and Bangers and One style of music only, DOES NOT MAKE A GREAT DJ.

hey fired up that song you were talking about is actually called "I'LL BE YOUR ELEMENTS" it a mix that prince quick mix did on a white lable back in 2001 with booth Danny T elements and Robert owens I'll be your friend was good hearing that track i havent heard it in a club in almost 2rs now. .

PQM OWNS!!!!!!

Awww....I was there 'till only about 11AM...I wish I knew he was going to play till around 4 in the PM....otherwise, I would have known to come in the afternoon b/c he was going to be playing harder around then. the morning was pretty mellow. But the party was advertised to go only till 12...now, I know some ppl knew it was going to go till later, but I didn't. If I did, I would've def showed up later for the good stuff. So, unfortunately, I guess the chunk of the night I caught wasn't what I would've liked.:blank:

I was there from 2pm till 6am TWO DAYS LATER

Ive been going to see dany since 1979

and I have danny underwear socks and ski caps

I can say that from 1136 till 217am he played for the old school heads and i saw nothing but new school heads dancing on the floor. then from 236 till 518 he played for the new school heads and i saw nothing but old school faces on the dance floor.

Oh man my legs hurt. But none of you know danny or his music as well as i do, so obviously my opinion superseceeds yours. live with it. I am the judge as to wethere danny played good or not. And my conclusion is that he played ok.