Clubplanet Nightlife Community

andrew mendez

Andrew mendez has come along way and out of all the newest dj's he's my first pick and i'm sure alot of people would agree. He plays things that people want to hear yet he adds his own style to it. He's not a wanna be Junior or a Danny Teneglia he trys to have his own sound. I've heard him at Cheetah a few times and twice at surf club I was pretty impressed. And if it's one secret you don't want to hear, good don't listen! keep up the good work Andrew!!!!

are you kidding me??

Drew keep it up! see you at surf.

You gotta give credit were credit is due, that kid works his ass off, keeps the crowd dancing all night too, people go to surf around 8 just to hear his sets hes awesome. and for being only 21 hes gonna defintley be a big name one day mark my words.

Originally posted by bringit:

I think you're nuts! It's one secret I don't want to hear!!! IMO

------------------

I take my problems to the dancefloor...

My opinion is that RIGHT NOW he is better than DT AND Junior combined. He's also not to far behind from that DJ at Tempts, shit whats his name again. Oh ya Denny Tsettos,if you got a problem with that you guys no where to find me.

Originally posted by tempkid:

My opinion is that RIGHT NOW he is better than DT AND Junior combined. He's also not to far behind from that DJ at Tempts, shit whats his name again. Oh ya Denny Tsettos,if you got a problem with that you guys no where to find me.

Hahahahahahahahaha.. I know your not serious kid.. Andrew is a mad cool kat, and he can play really good.. Even he will tell you he's not in comparison to Junior or Danny.. And if your implying that Tsettos is better than DT or JR, you really have no taste in music.. Just another cheese ball with a big mouth, and thinks he's a tough guy.. If you have a problem come find me.. Haha.. Nerd..

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

Andrew mendez better then junior. can we say brown nose. junior vasquez has been djing longer then andrew mendez has been alive.

Andrew mendez use to play at Cheatah on thrus. nights.

I saw him play all cd's. I didn't think a human jukebox, who plays all commercial,would even be considered in the same league as junior vasquez.

Junior has played in more countries then Andrew Mendez has played clubs.

Some people are just so stupid. Don't post things like that on this board.

andrew is better then junior, thats the funniest thing I have ever seen posted on the net. it's like a little leaque baseball player playing major league. HA,HA,

[This message has been edited by loudness (edited 08-04-2000).]

andrew still spins at Cheetah on thursday nites - and since i spend a lot of my time in the little roped off area between the dj booth and the bar (nice wall for me to lean on when i'm drunk, lol), i can tell you for sure that he doesn't play all cds. sorry.

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

Ok, next time you go there see for yourself. Everytime I walked by the booth there were no records on the turntables.

Andrew mendez is a good "commerical" dj, but junior vasquez is a world famous DJ. Outside Ny/NJ, Andrew mendez is just another "commerical" dj from NY.

"commerical" dj can not have their own style. It's commerical, Duh!

His style is mostly made up of corney commerical NY cheese.

I quess it's cool for the jersey shore to jock NY, all the best DJ's in the world come to NY. But don't worry, one day NJ will produce a dj that will make it big, and where else will he come to play, well NY of course.

>First of all...for all those who know me you know i'm not cocky. As for being compared to DT and Junior...NO WAY!!! Thanks for the compliment but I have a long way to go. As for playing commercial. There's nothing wrong w/ playing vocals after a really hard set instead of pounding you all night. If I feel the need to play a vocal, to mix it up, I will, even if it's on CD lol. I have a TON of fun whenever I play and everytime I play it's a learning experience for me. So finally thanks for the input and i'll see everyone @ Cheetah on thursday's and Surf Club on sundays.

peace out,

Andrew =)

yo andrew!!u really know how to make a bang even the filipinos in manila are hearing about you. you gotta represent and go to the mother land show him how its done nj style!!!im pretty close to the top promoters let me know if your interested, the market is good for an event like that!!! peace

Hum, who comes close to him. razor and guido, Jason Ojeda, justin time, Ted the dilenger, Rob james.

These are dj's that have there own style. Playing Commercial music is OK, but how can you get your name know that way? I guess the link below me will explain it the best.

(type in the link to listen to the link in your browser, if you click the link below it wont work)

http://www.geocities.com/djhaluk/ram2/beadj.ram

[This message has been edited by loudness (edited 08-05-2000).]

Andrew Mendez is bay far the BEST up and coming DJ in our area..think about it. Who comes close to him? Respect goes to ANYONE who can keep that cheetah party slammin like it is now...A TO Z KEEP IT UP BRO.

-dave

------------------

WORD..

The people on this board make me laugh. Ted the Dilenger is know as a dance dj. I heard him spin out in life in the hamptons and at CPI one night.

Also, if you look his name up in the search on this site, you will see that he plays at only dance clubs.

It's OK for you people to think andrew mendez is better then Junior vasquez, or Ted the Dilenger is a hip hop DJ.

It's not your fault, It's not your fault.

The ingnorant never seem to learn.

Originally posted by loudness:

The people on this board make me laugh. Ted the Dilenger is know as a dance dj. I heard him spin out in life in the hamptons and at CPI one night.

Also, if you look his name up in the search on this site, you will see that he plays at only dance clubs.

It's OK for you people to think andrew mendez is better then Junior vasquez, or Ted the Dilenger is a hip hop DJ.

It's not your fault, It's not your fault.

The ingnorant never seem to learn.

Hey burnout.. Ted The Dillenger is most certainly a hip hop dj.. I know him personaly.. He djs at dance clubs, IN THE SIDE ROOMS.. Some " Dance Clubs " have hip hop nights also..

So you can think he's a " Dance Dj ", it's not your fault.. So ignrorant.. Blah, blah, blah.. Know what your talking about before you open your trap on here..

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

First off, I've heard Mendez at Cheetah a few times, and he is good, and has a future. When you hear somebody's name mentioned the next day, then he or she has made a mark on people. Second, if I hear that a DJ is no good because he plays CD's , I am going to kill that person. When will people learn? Third, if you go to Tempts, there's a memorial stall in the bathroom dedicated to Tempkid, who obviously has shined Tsettos' knob a few times in there......

Originally posted by lordgalactus:

Third, if you go to Tempts, there's a memorial stall in the bathroom dedicated to Tempkid, who obviously has shined Tsettos' knob a few times in there......

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

What has happened to the music of today?

12 minute long meaningless anthems. Do we really need a 12 minute long corney NY house.

we have these cheessy wanna be dj's representing for NY!? NJ dj's making NY look bad. Playing everything from KTU! And playing CD's none the less!

Ok lets take a look

Paul Van dyke: vinyl

Sasha and Digweed: vinyl

Paul Okenfold : vinyl

Little Loui vega : vinyl

Tony Humphrey : vinyl

ect,ect,ect

shit, I wouldn't be surprised if andrew mendez has a napster library!

For everybody else not from NY, that comes to visit this board, I tell you now, these people who make NY look bad, pay no attention to them, they have no idea of what good music is.

They say that a dj that plays everything they play on the radio has a future.

They say that this same dj is better then one of the best dj's in the world.

Do not listen to them, there still are places that keep it real and play underground music. All these people are tring to make the underground mainsteam and ruin everything!

So, in your opinion, Danny Tenaglia is a horseshit DJ because he plays CD's??? Did you know he plays CD's, and a lot of them? Why? Because it is cost effective for an innovator like DT to burn his creations onto CD's instead of burning cash on acetates...As far as Mendez playing total commercial, why state something that is totally incorrect? Last time I heard him, he was throwing out stuff that KTU wouldn't know what to do with. Mendez is a good DJ, who gets the crowd going. What's wrong with that? Also, the 6 DJ's you listed (and you misspelled 4 of them) are certainly not "underground".........AND FINALLY, who the hell are you to tell people what good music is and isn't? I like Tenaglia and Vasquez..I also like Jonathan Peters and Andrew Mendez. I also like guys and girls I guarantee you never heard of. Other people like Denny Tsettos and and other Cheezwiz-flavored brothers smile.gif I may not prefer Tsettos, but there are certainly thousands who go and see him every week. It's personal preference, my son. Learn to live with it.