Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I <3 the S-man

Did anyone else hit up Crobar on Saturday for Sanchez? It was the best party I've been to there in awhile...it wasn't too crowded for once, and the music was on point the whole time. I honestly never get bored when he's spinning, he just does not let up. He closed around 8 and it was pretty empty by then, but the people that stayed were cool and not the usual crackhead afterhours crowd.

Hoselty.....That was probably one of the worst sets, I ever heard him....He is a shit load better than that......Roger is da man, and always brings it, but his trackselection, and programming were def off all night......I cant believe he dropped Electko again.....WIZZACK!!!!!!! I had a great time, and Roger was really bouncing around in the booth, having fun. Great to see. But he is better than what he played. No doubt!

I cant believe he dropped Electko again.....WIZZACK!!!!!!!

I actually have to agree with you there, I was surprised he dropped that too, but people still go crazy for it so what the hell. As you know I don't take notes on mixing skillz or anything like that, I just know he had me and many others dancing our asses off ;)

my fast review. got there like 2-ish, 230.

it was pretty crowded. there was a lot of energy in there almost like a morillo crobar night in 2004, dancers, just a lot of everything.

I respected what sman played but it wasnt my fave style of his.

it was very bdanceable but a bit fast & a bit techy-hard tribal for me.

almsot like a victor sound.

BUT smans mixing & programming artistry were in place - hes a wildly talented dj, maybe in the top 10 worldwide consistently.

the party was rocking but it wasnt the trad house beats I love most from sman, it was harder & more abstract & techy-tribal... I like his more usual house beats & CLASSIC SOUND...

i left like 5-ish.. i was not taht inspired by the crowd- average crobar saturday 2006 mix, pretty young, slightly gross.

sman was good on the afce of it but nowhere near how great hes been other times in 2006.

maybe 2-3/4 stars of 5, or *** of 5 if Id stayed longer.

lots of energy in the room but not the most pleasing sman house set to me by any means.

ps anyone have more train spots? I didnt recog too many tunes at all....

what makes the crowd slightly gross or "nasty?" just curious why u think a dancing crowd and those there for the music should all look really attractive. granted i guess society says better looking people make better dancers, friends, etc. which is just retarded. if u are interested in everyone at the club looking amazing than move out to LA and have fun with the rest of the plastic surgery crowd. are u just trying to find a grl to hook up with? i dont know if roger could care less how the crowd physically appeared, as long as he got his job done making people happy and dancing, and mixing and playing good music.

btw i think people need to start posting pics on here if they are talking about how other people look.

what makes the crowd slightly gross or "nasty?" just curious why u think a dancing crowd and those there for the music should all look really attractive. granted i guess society says better looking people make better dancers, friends, etc. which is just retarded. if u are interested in everyone at the club looking amazing than move out to LA and have fun with the rest of the plastic surgery crowd. are u just trying to find a grl to hook up with? i dont know if roger could care less how the crowd physically appeared, as long as he got his job done making people happy and dancing, and mixing and playing good music.

btw i think people need to start posting pics on here if they are talking about how other people look.

:clap2:

it was very bdanceable but a bit fast & a bit techy-hard tribal for me.

almsot like a victor sound.

BUT smans mixing & programming artistry were in place - hes a wildly talented dj, maybe in the top 10 worldwide consistently.

the party was rocking but it wasnt the trad house beats I love most from sman, it was harder & more abstract & techy-tribal... I like his more usual house beats & CLASSIC SOUND...

i left like 5-ish..

it's funny you should mention Victor b/c one of my friends who is a HUGE VC fan and never really got into Sanchez loved his set on Saturday. He got into his more classic sound later on, probably after 6:30. Btw, that definitely wasn't the best set I've ever heard from him, but he never seems to draw the huge crowds that Boris & Calderone do, so I mostly posted this to encourage more people to check him out.

He def played dirtier and more dark then most of the time.....But the tracks he was playin were nuttin great.....They were mostly just ok, besides for a few. He is way better than the set he threw he down that night. Played a lot of older tracks. Swimming places, Push that feeling, Elecktro....The guy has acces to so many tracks that like 5 people in the world have. Its boggles me why he still plays tracks that blew up in March????

generally agree sman's skills were on display but his specific track choices did not thrill... still lots of energy in the room like a victor night... sman can be waayyyy better like several crobar's he did in 2006...

**3/4 of 5 stars my rating for this saturday is kinda low for sman...

usually i rate his parties **** to ****1/2 of 5 ...

anyway I'll chk him out in dec jan or feb at crobar...

sman is the real deal

roger dropped electro two months ago...we left to go to pacha for cox & dt. That was the plan any way but that song is done son

what does this have to do with anything? I think he's played it every time he's played in NY since it came out (with the exception of Cielo maybe) and I honestly couldn't care less. As many people have stated on this board many times, a lot of fans of house music aren't going out to hear all songs they've never heard before; some of us actually like hearing a mix of new songs, classics, songs that were huge a few months back, etc. If clubs were filled with people standing around taking notes on every track and hating on the DJ for playing a song that's "played out" they wouldn't be very fun.

what does this have to do with anything? I think he's played it every time he's played in NY since it came out (with the exception of Cielo maybe) and I honestly couldn't care less. As many people have stated on this board many times, a lot of fans of house music aren't going out to hear all songs they've never heard before; some of us actually like hearing a mix of new songs, classics, songs that were huge a few months back, etc. If clubs were filled with people standing around taking notes on every track and hating on the DJ for playing a song that's "played out" they wouldn't be very fun.

by no means I am one to be haten and new remixes of songs gets me fired up but I am just done with that song.