Clubplanet Nightlife Community

disappointed

IS IT POSSIBLE TO LOVE VINYL FRI. AND SUN., EXIT, AND OTHERS LIKE CENTRO, TWILO ETC. I'VE HAD A GREAT TIME EVRYWHERE IV'E BEEN. SOME PLACES HAVE A DIFFERENT VIBE THAN OTHERS, MUSIC OF COURSE DIFFERENT AS WELL, BUT I'VE NEVER BEEN LIKE, "WOW THIS PLACE SUCKS". I'M ALSO A FIRM BELIEVER IN SWITCHING IT UP WHEN YOU GO OUT. ANYTHING OVERDONE CAN GET OLD BUT IF YOU SWITCH IT UP, IT'S ALWAYS A GOOD TIME, (AT LEAST FOR ME). THIS WEEKEND FOR EXAMPLE...HIT B&S IN THE PARK AND RAN OVER TO EXIT LATE SAT. NIGHT AND HAD A GREAT TIME AT BOTH JOINTS...

I don't know how Vinyl is on Saturday cause I have never been there on that nite...all I can say is that if u want a kick ass party then friday nite with DT is sure to deliver...I used to be impartial to house music but the way that Danny cranks that place up it is definatly New Yorks best kept secret.

ok, i didn't mean to offend anyone, i'm assuming that i went on a bad night. i guess i like exit cuz all of my friends go there. i totally avoid the meatheads and the teeny-boppers and just chill. i plan to go to tunnel, twilo and centrofly so maybe i will change my mind...

i finally convinced my friends to go to vinyl with me on saturday night b/c i've heard so much hype about it (especially on this board) and IT SUCKED!!! the music was terrible, the crowd was totally wack and the vibe was just not there. i even asked people that worked there if it was some special night but they said that it's always like that! damn~ i'm stickin w/ exit!

When I started reading your post I was gonna ask you to be more specific in regards to "bad music and vibe" comment. But then I read that your from Exit and I totally understand now why Vinyl would not be to your liking. rolleyes.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

I would rather have 15 minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special.

Guest ally

I think all the hype about Vinyl is for Danny Teneglia on Fridays or Body 'n Soul on Sundays. I think you went the "wrong" night. That would be like hearing all this hype about Sasha & Digweed at Twilo and you went on Saturday for Junior, but expected S&D. Every night at most clubs is a different venue. I'd try again on Friday night. But then again, if you're into Exit Saturdays.... ha-ha, just kidding... check it out on Friday.

smile.gif Ally

[This message has been edited by ally (edited 08-08-2000).]

Originally posted by maxine19:

i finally convinced my friends to go to vinyl with me on saturday night b/c i've heard so much hype about it (especially on this board) and IT SUCKED!!! the music was terrible, the crowd was totally wack and the vibe was just not there. i even asked people that worked there if it was some special night but they said that it's always like that! damn~ i'm stickin w/ exit!

Oh God! Vinyl sucks, I'm sticking with EXIT?!? EXIT has to be the wackest place I have ever been to. ALL hype. But I guess if you like shit music, 10000 juice heads sweating on you, and a club that is so big you couldn't catch a vibe to save your life, then you would feel that way. Vinyl is good for really good music. I wasn't crazy about it either when I first went (atmosphere wise), but I did like it b/c it reminded me of Tunnel back in 96 when Danny ran shit. I guess it depends on what your looking for in a night of clubbing...

------------------

You know everything will flow...

There are 2 kinds of people in this world...

People that like Exit

People that like Body & SOUL,

and never the twain shall meet

Personally, I like B&S and not Exit, I'm NOT INSULTING ANYBODY. It's just 2 different vibes.

Period.

------------------

Din Da Da