Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Andy Pettitte back w/ the Yanks!

lucky13

now I gotta go back to hating him

good move for the yankees though provided he can stay healthy

:werd:

I wonder how all the people who sold his jersey on ebay feel.

I think a lot of people are gonna get a "replacement" Andy Pettitte jersey for the holidays, lol.

22 million seems like a lot

u including luxury tax etc??

beacause the contract is only 16 m for 1 yr w/ player option for same amt. following yr.

and if andy tanks and only goes like 11-14 with a big ERA i think he would just quit

But im hoping we get back a winner lefty o.g Yank who can pitch in NY and has led the majors in starts the past 2 yrs

u including luxury tax etc??

beacause the contract is only 16 m for 1 yr w/ player option for same amt. following yr.

and if andy tanks and only goes like 11-14 with a big ERA i think he would just quit

But im hoping we get back a winner lefty o.g Yank who can pitch in NY and has led the majors in starts the past 2 yrs

U really think he would choose to quit if he has a bad year and give up another $16mm?

dont give me this "he's not about the money bullshit either"

U really think he would choose to quit if he has a bad year and give up another $16mm?

if he was really serious about almost retiring this year ...yeh he could walk away from it if he has a shit season and a bad elbow

He has said publicly that if he gets hurt or pitches poorly that he will just retire. I know that doesn't really mean anything, but the option is a players option so he didn't have to say anything. He doesn't really need any good press either as he's had tons of it since signing to come back...

im hoping he will realize he has no fast ball and begins to use his head and try to use finesse to pitch well...being pused to #3 or 4 should take pressure off of him and allow him to not take the weight of the team on his shoulders...again i am HOPING for all this to happen...

And I am hoping JD drew plays 150 games, beckett stops trying to overpower everyone with his fastball, and the bullpen fairy gives the sox a closer because as of right now we do not have one.

I could see us winning the east but I can also see another third place finish.

Everything would be fine if they just signed BJ ryan last year

yeah he didn't use retiring and coming back as a way to get more money or anything...how do you know how serious he was? oh yeah because what athletes say is always true

He was a free agent so he would have gotten paid regardless. His whole "thinking about retiring" stance didn't make him any more money than if he just went out in the open market... If anything it might have cost him money because by the time he decided he wanted to play, all those second tier pitchers like Lilly, Padilla, & Meche, had already signed their big contracts and took away potential suitors to drive up his price....

yeah he didn't use retiring and coming back as a way to get more money or anything...how do you know how serious he was? oh yeah because what athletes say is always true

this is why i said "if he was really serious"

and as kfitz pointed out he stated it publicly that if he doesnt do well hell leave the option yr on the table

i hope we get Igawa wrapped up and have the first Battle of Rising Sun ssuperstar pitchers ....all while JD drew watches from the D.L

I wonder if Arod would be in therapy by then.

5000 posts muthafuckers only took me 6 fuckin years december 2000 to demember 06. Fuck I have been here a long time.

The yanks should know paying 17 million a year does not guarentee anything.

Kevin Brown, Pavano,ect

true dat but those guys actually won a few games in the major leagues and were suppose to be proven commodities

this guy has never thrown a pitch to real AL sluggers and thhroughout a season and he has to go every 5 days now instead of 7

we shall see

true dat but those guys actually won a few games in the major leagues and were suppose to be proven commodities

this guy has never face real AL sluggers throughout a season and he has to go every 5 days now instead of 7

we shall see

I am not worried about his arm, the guy threw a 17 inning 250 pitch game before lol. We will see though, he will be going from 150 pitches during games to 120 so hopefully that will help. If not they should just say fuck it and do a 6 man rotation

Schilling

beckett

paplebom

dice-k

wakefield

clement.

Even though I hate clement