Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Party of 2006: Danny Krivit n Danny Tenaglia@Pacha 718 sessions last night 12/10

To me the BODY N SOUL party at Ps1 in the summer was the best party of the yr UNTIL last night. Just wanted to say this and will write more later. CLASSICS CLASSICS CLASSICS played to the usual 718 sessions crowd mixed with some people who were expecting danny t to play what they normally here from him but didnt get it (tribal, dark, hard beats) went over great i think.

For what its worth i do my own parties at PACHA and LOVE once and month and im not gonna bs and say my jams are only the best (like other people do). This party was THE BEST in 2006 how many parties did i go to in 2006 well 3 times a week times 52=156 parties this yr (maybe a bit more) and this was the best one i been to all yr. And not one song was played after 1994/1995.

are you kidding me?

I heard it was horrible, infested with guidos, DT played a horrible set and all the 718 regulars hated it.

LISTEN & LISTEN WELL!!! You can not name 1 measely party right now or the past 10 years for the matter that will bring together such a diverse crowd WHO KNOW & ADORE THEIR MUSIC such as what happened at pacha last night. PERIOD!! black, white, hispanic, asian, stright, gay, TOGETHER DANCING & SINGING like it should be. THE GUIDOS ONLY BOTHERED THOSE THAT WANTED TO BE BOTHERED :blah:

LISTEN & LISTEN WELL!!! You can not name 1 measely party right now or the past 10 years for the matter that will bring together such a diverse crowd WHO KNOW & ADORE THEIR MUSIC such as what happened at pacha last night. PERIOD!! black, white, hispanic, asian, stright, gay, TOGETHER DANCING & SINGING like it should be. THE GUIDOS ONLY BOTHERED THOSE THAT WANTED TO BE BOTHERED :blah:

are you kidding me?

again, many people forget that there is a musical scene outside of new york city. there are parties in Chicago and Detroit which have 100 times more diverse crowds than a danny tenaglia show does.....

fuck, paul van dyk gets a more diverse crowd than danny tenaglia does.

the guidos made up the majority of the crowd.....more than 50%. If you dont want to accept that, fine, dont.

are you kidding me?

again, many people forget that there is a musical scene outside of new york city. there are parties in Chicago and Detroit which have 100 times more diverse crowds than a danny tenaglia show does.....

the guidos made up the majority of the crowd.....more than 50%. If you dont want to accept that, fine, dont.

Who said anything about a tenaglia show?:nopity:

are you kidding me?

even if it was 50% guido ( as your poll rsearch states) those kids guido are all the better for it, listening & watching an older crowd doing the do, doing it properly. as i watched the crowd alot of those kids didin't know wtf was going on but they were watching the other have fun and joined in the chant. i didn't want hear dt edits of classic records, no, but it was a good party nontheless.

are you kidding me?

I heard it was horrible, infested with guidos, DT played a horrible set and all the 718 regulars hated it.

You heard one douchebag's opinion on rhythmism, you weren't there, so why comment? I understand it's hard for you not to get invovled in something, I've read alot of your bullshit in the past, but it's not going to continue on this...last night was a great time, that crowd was diverse as hell, from the gays, to the straights, to the non FOB asians, blacks, PRs, yellow, purple, orange, people were all there for the love of the music, predomanently drinking crowd, and MINIMAL guido factor...there was maybe 100 of them there if that. And if you are going to a classics party, you should realize by now how to deal with others in a crowd, and go for yourself, and not "Tony Baloni from North Jerzzzz"

Krivit was amazing, and Danny was great. I heard stuff I haven't ever heard, and jams that I forgot existed. It was a great night, you weren't there, so stop commenting on what ONE douchebag from Rhythmism said in a post.

Bye.

Mmmmmm ... it was okay. I have to sort of agree with hehateme's comments ... not that all the 718'ers hated it ... but ... well ...

There were two very distinct crowds. One one side of the club (and more towards the bar) was the Danny Tenaglia juicehead and skank crowd. Don't get me wrong - I *LOVE* Danny Tenaglia - but those peeps are the mainstreamers who are into him now. Fine. And then there was the more diverse 718 crowd (I think ... is this stereotypical of me? yes.) on the other side of the room ... and it was fun to see everyone get their kiki on. It was fun to see people I haven't seen in ages. People came out of the woodwork for this one. And everyone was VERY excited and in a good mood. I was SO looking forward to this party. And it delivered ... up to a point. It was good. But Danny ... Danny Danny Danny ... one Danny really worked the sound system ... and one Danny just sorta played CD's. One Danny turned me OUT and the other Danny left me feeling flat. By the time Supernature was played ... I had heard enough. I felt like the energy was kinda killed at one point and there was no turning back.

Some musical highlights:

the male version of KOT's "Finally" ... who IS this?

100% Pure Love - Crystal Waters (shockingly fun to sing along with!)

Jango (?)

You Are Not Alone (The Frankie Knuckles Remix) by Michael Jackson (!!!)

I finally left when Danny T announced that "this track was playing" when he first entered the Paradise Garage ... "Do You Wanna Get Funky With Me?" ... and that's a LONG ASS song. I had had enough ... I was pooped but amazed that I stayed 'til almost 2 a.m.

So ... I dunno ... it was fun ... not the best ... but worth it. it's good to get out of the house, right?

You heard one douchebag's opinion on rhythmism, you weren't there, so why comment? I understand it's hard for you not to get invovled in something, I've read alot of your bullshit in the past, but it's not going to continue on this...last night was a great time, that crowd was diverse as hell, from the gays, to the straights, to the non FOB asians, blacks, PRs, yellow, purple, orange, people were all there for the love of the music, predomanently drinking crowd, and MINIMAL guido factor...there was maybe 100 of them there if that. And if you are going to a classics party, you should realize by now how to deal with others in a crowd, and go for yourself, and not "Tony Baloni from North Jerzzzz"

Krivit was amazing, and Danny was great. I heard stuff I haven't ever heard, and jams that I forgot existed. It was a great night, you weren't there, so stop commenting on what ONE douchebag from Rhythmism said in a post.

Bye.

ummmm, "earmuffs" i didnt "hear" anything on rhythmism, so step back, and take a nice deep breath.

the party sucked and multiple people who were in attendance agree that the main reason was the crowd. Danny Tengalia has a HISTORY of pandering to his crowd, and he did it again last night.

For anyone who is lost:

http://www.rhythmism.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47909

there is the thread "hehateme" is referring to, where one douchebag from Queens cries about 100 guidos in a crowd full of different, eclectic mix of people, takes it as gospel, and starts more drama on this board, for no reason. Both DJs played their asses off, but oh well, you can't please everyone I suppose? Bye

They went back and forth! I got there at 730, and Danny was already on...You went for an hour and a half my friend?! Why must shit on party?

Did not stay for long, crowd was scary, one drink and then on to the next party.

I dont shit on parties, i shit on people who put in bold type that it was the best party of the year.......in no way was it the best part of the year.

I have made it my personal mission to be a counterbalance to silverbull's misleading posts. To show young people who may be easily influenced by his uniformed and biased posts that there is another side to the story.

So you comment on a whole 8 hour party by checking out less than the 1st hour of it? DJs dn't even get warmed up, n the place doesn't even fill up...I think you're full of shit and causing probs. The counterbalance of the bull w a pile of golden bullshit is the real motive here, bro.

Much, much different from what I normally hear from Danny Tenaglia but I know this going into Pacha and being I'm only 20 yrs old alot of the music was stuff i heard when i was a kid from my parents or not at all but I had to respect it it was a cool sound, funky and fresh I like to describe it as....just pure soul put into the song....I had a lot of fun everyone doing their own dancing thing it was def a cool party and I especially liked how I was able to close it out last night and still able to sleep for work...Good times and "100 % pure love" and then the lights came back on was awesome thats when u know the crowd is really into it