Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Alchemy Is Hiring Dj's

scoobeedoo01

You Must Go To College In The Greater New Haven Area

We Are Looking For A Few Top 40 College Style Dj's That Can Rock A College Crowd.

Send Me A Message If You Are A Dj Or If You Know A Dj Who You Think Needs A Chance.

Send Demo's To

Alchemy Nightclub

C/o Jimmy O'brien

223 College St

New Haven Ct 06510

• 2 weeks later...
Hey whats up, My name is Kelly aka dj shugga. Right now i'm playing at diesel on thurrsdays. I play hip hop/house/pop/electro/breaks. Depending on the crowd. I would love to come play alchemy. I've been playing for 10 years. www.myspace.com/djshugga

Scoob i definitely recommend Shugga!

I think you should find a college student that doesn't play top 40 tho. lets start getting these students into real music and real party vibe.

remember when kids use to go out to listen to music and dance. Now they just go out to drink and hook up.

and whats wrong with that?

nothing wrong with it just dont let it be the only reason you go out. would you rather people go out to see Jack play or to some other place that has penny drinks and nasty hoes rubbing up on some guy that they dont event know his name to a dj that just playes top 40 and doesnt even mix the tracks.

i dont know ide rather go see Jack if the cheap drinks are there and hot horny chicks then thats just an added bonus.

ummm its for a college night. We need 1,000 people and no matter what you do house music won't work on a thursday

i can rember a time when i heard all djs in new haven saying how electro house wouldnt work in new haven .

??ppl arent feeling grant as a dj??

hes fuking amazing hip hop dj as well as a dope house dj

so why would u seek outside assistance for sum local youngster playing top 40 shit man

i mean there are a shitload of local djs who got skills man but offering them a job is out of the question you want the top of the line cornball guys only...........?

ps dont take offense bro just speaking my mind .:)

luv ya scoob :)

obviously you have never promoted an event nevermind a college night.

ummm grant already dj's on thursday and no one said people werent feeling him /// why do you think he is our saturday mainfloor dj // just questions you should think about //

now does grant go to college ?? no . so he isn't what we are looking for..

I could go on but you would just reply with an answer to a different question thinking you are right.

I have been playing electro for a long time. so has everyone else.. 90% of the "DJ's" in New Haven can't play electro on their floor how many places that are busy in new haven are playing electro..

I know neat did it so well they went out of business

Chazz I am not saying I am the best DJ in the world but the room is always moving when I play to my 750 - 1100 people every Friday at Alchemy . Come down for the exacta event on Friday Jan 26th and see if I can perform.

That mix is of all CD's I just started playing cd's about 6 - 8 months ago and that being said fuk it I am still getting music out to the people and people seem to like the music I play.

I even recall you really liking the track selection on there.

I would rather have a DJ playing unbelievable tracks with the mixing off a bit then have a DJ playing terrible tracks with 5 minute clean mixes that go nowhere.

Chaz how many people were at the club for you the last time you played in lounge 215 ???..

End of the above story now kid .. back to life

as for the DJ for hire its alot more then that but basically we are looking for the next generation of dj that goes to college there is definitely a huge age range missing in the downtown DJ market and we are looking to fill it.

Definitely have to be able to do more then switch a fader but for a college night the important thing is the music that is played. end of this story as well

a few of you have contacted me I will get back to all of you next week.

anyone else interested send me a message.

Chazz I am not saying I am the best DJ in the world but the room is always moving when I play to my 750 - 1100 people every Friday at Alchemy . Come down for the exacta event on Friday Jan 26th and see if I can perform.

That mix is of all CD's I just started playing cd's about 6 - 8 months ago and that being said fuk it I am still getting music out to the people and people seem to like the music I play.

I even recall you really liking the track selection on there.

I would rather have a DJ playing unbelievable tracks with the mixing off a bit then have a DJ playing terrible tracks with 5 minute clean mixes that go nowhere.

Chaz how many people were at the club for you the last time you played in lounge 215 ???..

End of the above story now kid .. back to life

as for the DJ for hire its alot more then that but basically we are looking for the next generation of dj that goes to college there is definitely a huge age range missing in the downtown DJ market and we are looking to fill it.

Definitely have to be able to do more then switch a fader but for a college night the important thing is the music that is played. end of this story as well

a few of you have contacted me I will get back to all of you next week.

anyone else interested send me a message.

hmmm

i never did an official head count@ 215 scoob

u guys were actually complaining about there were to many ppl there befor the doors opened and actually yelled at the ppl i brang in with me about eating the food to early bro rember that shit ?

and also u kept coming up to me about ppl down stairs saying theye were on the dj list u didnt want to comp in cheap ass lol

say im lying

10 - 20 people tops which isnt terrible but nothing to brag about and yeah we cant comp in everyone you bring unless you want to play for free . We run a business !

just because i like you jimmy i will refrane from breaking your balls for at least a week :P

but in 7 days its on lol