Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BODY & SOUL at Pacha New York on January 14th

Body & Soul continues to celebrate 10 years this Martin Luther King weekend at Pacha New York on Sunday, January 14th under the same underlying themes of unity and spirit through music and dance. Body & Soul’s legacy began in 1996 when British promoter John Davis and DJ/Producer/Remixer Francois-K launched the party at club Vinyl in New York City and were joined by residents Joaquin "Joe" Claussell and Danny Krivit. This landmark party was the first New York dance party with 3 resident DJ's playing together as one.

The Body & Soul Sundays became an international mecca for dance music lovers seeking to enjoy all forms of music with all the freedom of expression granted on a unified dancefloor. The party was a unique place for everyone to feel welcome, regardless of age, sex, color or social attributes. It was a utopian dancefloor for those seeking inspiration, solace and a renewed expression of the unique and joyous nature of The Party. After 6 long years at the club, Body & Soul continued their mission with three hugely successful outdoor events at Central Park Summerstage and private events for Giorgio Armani as well as live events in Italy, Portugal, Brazil and Japan to name a few. This July 2006 marked the Body & Soul 10 year anniversary celebration at MOMA’s P.S.1 Warm Up Sessions with a crowd turnout in excess of 7,000 revelers. This January 2007, Body & Soul recreates the party in an indoor venue, inviting all dance music lovers to come find freedom on the dancefloor for one and for all!

The Body & Soul Volume 5 compilation will be released this April 2007 followed by an international tour.

flyer_011407.jpg

Sunday, January 14th

John Davis presents

BODY & SOUL

Francois K, Danny Krivit & Joaquin ‘Joe’ Claussell

Martin Luther King Weekend 6PM Til Late

Warm up by Audi Hanley, Lights by Ariel

Hosted by Miss Evelyn

PACHA NEW YORK

618 West 46th Street

New York City

Info 212.209.7500

Doors open at 6PM, $20 Advance Tickets www.ticketweb.com

www.pachanyc.com

www.wavemusic.com

www.dannykrivit.net

www.francois-k.com

www.myspace.com/joeclaussell

• 2 weeks later...
I would take them but I need four.

I called Pacha and it opened at 6, they said the line was down the block already! It must be the 718 session heads out early.

lol the line was down the block until about 11-12am i believe. WHAT A TREMENDOUS party and what every party should be and feel like.

½ an hour to wade through the crowd to find the upstairs coat-check. 40 mins on line before we all realized "If it's like this checking in, it'll be like this checking out." Plus the over-crowding... not worth it! So we buggered orf.

All-in-all a costly reminder why I stopped going to mega-clubs.

It was an insane party!!!

I was loving when Francois played Sandcastles around 1am!

The place was packed to the gills.

Pacha take note would you rather have parties like that or parties with two other DJs that I won't mention?

Yeh but *a lot* "hopped" on the bandwagon because it was a sunday night before a holiday.

I'd rather take a less crowded B&S party filled with just those that actually "know" about the party & its vibe than those just locating a party to crack out at.

½ an hour to wade back and forth through the crowd to find the upstairs coat-check. 40 mins on line, moving about 15 feet, before we all realized "If it's like this checking in, it'll be like this checking out." Plus the over-crowding... not worth it! Not even for Body & Soul. So we buggered orf.

man i really wished this party didnt have to end. Bella VIBE no party aside from these type of events can have this type of VIBE sadly. Yo sidoo was wondering where you were at man. Cool videos only hope to see more posted as days go by. Musically it was everything from the 70s to songs that just came out last week, and thats what makes a great party playing different era and styles of music.

½ an hour to wade back and forth through the crowd to find the upstairs coat-check. 40 mins on line, moving about 15 feet, before we all realized "If it's like this checking in, it'll be like this checking out." Plus the over-crowding... not worth it! Not even for Body & Soul. So we buggered orf.

it wasnt that cold out...I made it without one for an hour on line but my suggestion is bring an older coat or something that you would mind throwing out

great party...first B & S for me. definitely a totally different crowd than the usual at Pacha which was refreshing

gr8 time so worth the wait which even was not that bad.. music was banging and the crowd was so cool and friendly..

Got in around 8 and stayed until 230.. def more into the body music than the soul towards the end...

everybody there you would talk to would ask if you went to the old party at vinyl