Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top Electro house dj at the moment.

there are no djs that play strictly electro, plain & simple. and if there are then damn i wud never want to hear them cuz most electro gets old, VERY QUICK

What an a lame statement - there are more then a few DJ's into electro and just strictly electro. And what's this "gets old, very quick" shite? The only hint that it's getting old is that the rest of you guys are finally catching on to it.

If it's "Electro House" you want to hear, check out the Get Physical label and DJ roster...

Booka shade

M.A.N.D.Y.

DJ T

As for CD's, check out Booka Shade's Movements CD. It was one of my favorites in 2006. Also, M.A.N.D.Y. released a mix CD called At the Controls 2 not too long ago. I heard good things about that one as well. There are also plenty of mixes floating around by these guys...

Hope that helps...

HELL YEAH! DJ T's "Freemind" was the 1st electro song I got my hands on. Excellent label and advice here. Someone on this board knows what they're talking about it.

• 1 month later...
Electro needs to go the way of the pet rock.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

It will, and it will happen the same way it became big. The big name guys will let everyone know if it's cool or not anymore. Like someone else said, it's been around for a while and there will always be those producers who make it, those DJs that will play it, and those people that like it, but it' popularity will probally fade pretty soon.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

It will, and it will happen the same way it became big. The big name guys will let everyone know if it's cool or not anymore. Like someone else said, it's been around for a while and there will always be those producers who make it, those DJs that will play it, and those people that like it, but it' popularity will probally fade pretty soon.

Sorry, Electro isn't going anywhere... I'm sure this is what they said about House when it first came on. If you haven't noticed Electro has been around for a bit and is just recently getting way bigger (which, of course means, it has a limited shelf life because once the masses catch on then it's doomed for good). If you haven't noticed A LOT of DJ's are just now catching on to it admitting that at 1st the production values of it were kinda off but even the once-against-it peeps are having a hard time ignoring the new sound. It's not a fad and if you think it's going away then put your headphones back on and listen to the same tribal shit that's been played out for 15 years now.

hey computerjockey--I know it will mean missing a Larry Tee night at element but are you going to check out Roxy this Sat? You had asked about Rauhofer before, this is gonna be your last chance to catch him in that set-up. (and you'll hear how some djs balance electro and tribal--they go together just fine).