Clubplanet Nightlife Community

different pick-up methods

weyes

when i was out with sanci on new year's, i was reminded that different guys have different pick-up methods. it bugged me, though, because guys almost always approach me the same way, and i would much rather be approached the way sanci was.

sanci was hit on by 2 guys when i was with her. both of them came up to her when the two of us were talking, and they started to talk to her w/ the "how are you?" type bit. the only guy who showed a real interest in me, however (not counting one guy who asked me why i wasn't dancing in the beginning of the evening), was a guy who grabbed my hips from behind on the dancefloor :mad: .

i pretty much always get hit on on the dancefloor, whether it's by a guy dancing up at me or dancing up on me. i don't get conversation like i'm a person - not even a hello.

what is it about sanci and about me that elicits these different strategies by different guys? is it the way we look or dress? is it our facial expressons? is there something about the way i dance? someone, please explain :confused: .

I am a girl, so my answer is probably not right, but I always thought it was the tall/short thing... I am 5'2 so at least 75% of the male population is taller than me. I no know...
i guess a lot of guys are threatened by my height (a 1/4 of an inch shy of 5' 10"), but that would just account for fewer approaches, not different kinds, wouldn't it? why am i getting grabbed while you're getting verbal communication?

the thing i was coming up with was that maybe you look friendlier edit: than i do while in discussion... sometimes i feel awkward when talking in clubs 'cause i always have to bend down to talk to the girls i know; my best girlfriend is 4' 10", shorty is even 4' 11", i think... that may give me a more nervous facial expression.

hmmm...well i'm a guy, but i'm not one of those cheesy dudes that just rolls up on girls and assumes it's cool to dance with them. that's a lame move.

thanks for the agreement :aright: . how do you approach girls?

1. Most guys I know prefer tall girls.

2. A person's interaction on a dancefloor is always different than just standing talking. You have asses wiggling and titties shaking. That's the money right there, yo here me.

3. Sex is a wonderful thing.

1. Most guys I know prefer tall girls.

2. A person's interaction on a dancefloor is always different than just standing talking. You have asses wiggling and titties shaking. That's the money right there, yo here me.

3. Sex is a wonderful thing.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i wish i could believe you on number 1, 'late :( . maybe part of my problem is that i prefer shorter guys! (well, my very favorite height for guys is my own :drool: .)

but i love the rest of the post :aright: .

i usually walk up to a girl and ask her if she takes 2, 3 or 4 fingers....

That must at least 90% of the time get you the eye roll and "whatever" as she walks away, or the "are you fking kidding me with that" look on their face, with a laugh under her breath, and walk away..:)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i wish i could believe you on number 1, 'late :( . maybe part of my problem is that i prefer shorter guys! (well, my very favorite height for guys is my own :drool: .)

but i love the rest of the post :aright: .

Considering its Giant, Im going to guess that you didnt wear heels, right? Cuz 5'11'' is really not that-t-t tall overall.

Im use to dating girls who by the time the money is place, so go the heels and then BAMN the girl of my dreams shrinks from 5'11'' to 5'7''. Im like "Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, where you legs just go woman?!!" Ah yes, the sadness that begats us all when the fck me boots go byebye.

so go the heels and then BAMN the girl of my dreams shrinks from 5'11'' to 5'7''. Im like "Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, where you legs just go woman?!!" Ah yes, the sadness that begats us all when the fck me boots go byebye.

Boy that quote right there speaks volumes...See Weyes, thats why you get the hip "grab how yu dooin?" and my little 5'2 self gets the "So how are you enjoying the weather?" :rofl:

i guess a lot of guys are threatened by my height (a 1/4 of an inch shy of 5' 10"), but that would just account for fewer approaches, not different kinds, wouldn't it? why am i getting grabbed while you're getting verbal communication?

Really...im not much shorter than you (5'8 1/2" ish and I dont have that problem. Maybe you dont come off as a very approachable person when you are not shakin your thang on the dance floor and thats why you only get approached the way you do....?

just a thought...

I've a couple of tricks up my sleeves.

I think cheeziness of pickup lines is dependent on how you pull it.

If you do it right, even the overused "Did it hurt?" or "Is your father a thief?" lines can work like a charm.

I'm always trying new ones but when I am feeling like Im lacking of some creative juice, I will walk in with my favorite drink and pull my default opener : "Do you drink?"

Then I will enthusiastically start talking about my drink, which is Adios Motherfucker.

This worked pretty OK for me, I've never been grossly blown out on that line.

Since you are a tall girl, maybe I should mention my opener for a really tall girl last weekend in a club. I was feeling really playful so the moment I saw this tall white blonde dancing with her famale friend, I signalled her to bend down so I can say something to her. Yes, she is THAT tall. I'm 5'9" by the way.

Then and there I delivered my line "How's the weather up there?"

She then ignored me. Freakin lesbo! LOL

I think the problem was my delivery, not the line itself though.

What's your take on this, weyes?

Considering its Giant, Im going to guess that you didnt wear heels, right? Cuz 5'11'' is really not that-t-t tall overall...

i always wear sneakers. i don't dance in anything else. but i've only had one female friend my whole life who was taller than i am.

Boy that quote right there speaks volumes...See Weyes, thats why you get the hip "grab how yu dooin?" and my little 5'2 self gets the "So how are you enjoying the weather?"

but sanci, i don't wanna be the girl that they take home and fuck; i wanna be the girl they respect and date, then fuck much later in an actual relationship :( .

cookie - i don't see myself as unapproachable or such an amazing dancer that that's what gets guys coming to me on the dancefloor. i do get that i have a great smile a lot, though, and dancing sure makes me happy :D .

I've a couple of tricks up my sleeves.

I think cheeziness of pickup lines is dependent on how you pull it.

If you do it right, even the overused "Did it hurt?" or "Is your father a thief?" lines can work like a charm.

I'm always trying new ones but when I am feeling like Im lacking of some creative juice, I will walk in with my favorite drink and pull my default opener : "Do you drink?"

Then I will enthusiastically start talking about my drink, which is Adios Motherfucker.

This worked pretty OK for me, I've never been grossly blown out on that line.

Since you are a tall girl, maybe I should mention my opener for a really tall girl last weekend in a club. I was feeling really playful so the moment I saw this tall white blonde dancing with her famale friend, I signalled her to bend down so I can say something to her. Yes, she is THAT tall. I'm 5'9" by the way.

Then and there I delivered my line "How's the weather up there?"

She then ignored me. Freakin lesbo! LOL

I think the problem was my delivery, not the line itself though.

What's your take on this, weyes?

i don't understand where you go with that drink bit :confused: . and i don't drink. what would you say to that?

and i think the blonde took the "how's the weather?" comment as an insult. i would think that the guy was just trying to be a sarcastic little wiseguy, not that he were interested.

and that's a shame, 'cause 5' 9" is hot :drool: .

Well the "do you drink" line is my last resort. I can usually come up with something more creative. It is not meant to cause a reaction, it's merely a conversation starter. I usually quickly move to something else if the reaction of the girl is either neutral or positive. Plus body language plays a bigger part in delivering the opening than the words themselves. And I really couldn't explain the body language part.

Anyway not that it is that great of an opening line but it works for me.

Regarding the "How's the weather" line, I have never tried it before so I just went in there and spit it out. I am always willing to experiment.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.:D

but sanci, i don't wanna be the girl that they take home and fuck; i wanna be the girl they respect and date, then fuck much later in an actual relationship :( .

cookie - i don't see myself as unapproachable or such an amazing dancer that that's what gets guys coming to me on the dancefloor. i do get that i have a great smile a lot, though, and dancing sure makes me happy :D .

: .

Oooh honey bunches, I was totally joking. I was mostly commenting on Lates' use of the phrase "fk me boots", I think thats funny :)

And for Ms. Cookie, Weyes is awsome and friendly. The first time we met at Giant Village, I immediately knew who she was because she was smiley, and emitting good energy. I am sure that Shorty would totally agree with me. Your an awsome chica, and I think you'll meet a cool dude when you least expect it. (aka when your not looking) Sometimes the more you look the less you find.

Oooh honey bunches, I was totally joking. I was mostly commenting on Lates' use of the phrase "fk me boots", I think thats funny :)

And for Ms. Cookie, Weyes is awsome and friendly. The first time we met at Giant Village, I immediately knew who she was because she was smiley, and emitting good energy. I am sure that Shorty would totally agree with me. Your an awsome chica, and I think you'll meet a cool dude when you least expect it. (aka when your not looking) Sometimes the more you look the less you find.

thanks, sanci :heart: ; you're awesome, too :D . i hope 2007 is a year of great friends and maybe a great guy --- we'll see :shades: .

when i was out with sanci on new year's, i was reminded that different guys have different pick-up methods. it bugged me, though, because guys almost always approach me the same way, and i would much rather be approached the way sanci was.

sanci was hit on by 2 guys when i was with her. both of them came up to her when the two of us were talking, and they started to talk to her w/ the "how are you?" type bit. the only guy who showed a real interest in me, however (not counting one guy who asked me why i wasn't dancing in the beginning of the evening), was a guy who grabbed my hips from behind on the dancefloor :mad: .

i pretty much always get hit on on the dancefloor, whether it's by a guy dancing up at me or dancing up on me. i don't get conversation like i'm a person - not even a hello.

what is it about sanci and about me that elicits these different strategies by different guys? is it the way we look or dress? is it our facial expressons? is there something about the way i dance? someone, please explain :confused: .

interesting. one of my best friends is 5'11 and always gets hit on when we go out....mostly by guys her height or taller....short guys always go after my friend that is 5'0 and i guess i get the in between lol, im 5'6. i think any height though you get the guys grabbing you etc, depends on the club too.

fck me boots is a great expression. lol.

interesting. one of my best friends is 5'11 and always gets hit on when we go out....mostly by guys her height or taller....short guys always go after my friend that is 5'0 and i guess i get the in between lol, im 5'6. i think any height though you get the guys grabbing you etc, depends on the club too.

Guys are totally wackd in the brains when it comes to girls' heights. You can have a 5'8'' buddy like I did who felt lacking in manhood around any girl over 5'9'' lol. And then you can have a 5'9'' buddy that practically explodes in his pants when he sees a 6'4'' model chick. Then you got hte guys ... like me ... lol .. that say "OH NO I will never date anyone under" ...... and bamn, they do it over and over again .... lol...

But my favorite are the guys who like the toy girlfriends. That I dont relate to.

Guys are totally wackd in the brains when it comes to girls' heights. You can have a 5'8'' buddy like I did who felt lacking in manhood around any girl over 5'9'' lol. And then you can have a 5'9'' buddy that practically explodes in his pants when he sees a 6'4'' model chick. Then you got hte guys ... like me ... lol .. that say "OH NO I will never date anyone under" ...... and bamn, they do it over and over again .... lol...

But my favorite are the guys who like the toy girlfriends. That I dont relate to.

which parties you promote for in LA? i'll be out there in march

which parties you promote for in LA? i'll be out there in march

lalate carries 6000 celebrity parties in 6 countries per year. Tell me what scene/genre you like, and I'll make you suggestions what to hit in LA..... and yeah, with LA, you could have 3 new venues by March that I dont even know of it right now lol