Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saint Tropez

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brooks, what is ur main reason for becoming a lawyer? becuz if you are doing it to help people or have some sense of gratification, you may end up helping poor people like us. do you think you can handle that? ;)

anyways be grateful for what you have - and humility is a very attractive trait - flashing $$$ around does nothing but attract people who have little or no substance in the first place - are they even ur real friends? ever read the great gatsby

Are you seriously even asking if someone has read the great gatsby?

no desire to hit the bush up? not even victoria falls? strange ..would have figured you have been considering your upbringing..

anywho...any suggestions on a place to stay in marrakech..so far i've settled for meridien n'fis...its a 5 star ...but then again its an african 5 star..so....yeah..

i wanted to stay in a riyad..but the gf is a bit hesitant about going to africa as a whole..having her stay in a riyad might push her over the edge

I considered a weekend trip to Marrakesh for about 10 minutes this summer while I was in Dublin for a bit, but I reaffirmed that i'm not comfortable with going to Africa, I think the hotel I looked at was La Mamounia Hotel, however I just looked it up and it's being renovated until later in this year, so depends on when you're going

Africa in general: Lots of bugs, animals weird diseases that can kill you.

North and east africa: Arab terrorists

West, southern and Central Africa: Angry blacks and political unrest / turmoil

South Africa: I'd consider, but the crime is out of control apparently, my friends have like 15 full time body guards patrolling their property at all times in addition to electric fences etc..... I value my life.

I told my one friend i'd go back to Mauritius with her one time, but that's off shore so it's not "real" Africa to me. I may go at some point, but right now, the idea of Africa doesn't appeal to me, because I think it's dangerous.

The beach clubs are nice in the day. Nikki Beach especially and Vin Rouge.

At night go to VIP, La Cave du Roi and Papagayo. I know th eowner of Papagayo, Jean Claude and while he is a great guy the music is not great. They have good music at VIP sometimes. St Tropez is not known for music but the scene rather.

There are devastating women there because there is evastating money there and it is very expensive. I had a fuckin gblast and you will too just try to speak a lil French and not to let attitude get to you and you will have fun. You can find cheap hotels on the outskirts of town whic a re nt far from the main drag. The dock where all the yachts are sometimes have incredible parties on them but they are ususally private parties.

You are gonna be spitting didstance from Ibiza and I would go there for sure if you like music. Shit starts kickiing up in June in Ibiza.

Have a blast and take soem pics and post them when you get back.

I'm not going there just to party. It is a free trip because my mother has a business conference there so I'm going regardless...so i was wondering about the nightlife there. why are so many ppl on this board assholes? And why are u raining on my parade....even if it is a models and bottles type crowd it's a beautiful part of the world.

The beach clubs are nice in the day. Nikki Beach especially and Vin Rouge.

At night go to VIP, La Cave du Roi and Papagayo. I know th eowner of Papagayo, Jean Claude and while he is a great guy the music is not great. They have good music at VIP sometimes. St Tropez is not known for music but the scene rather.

There are devastating women there because there is evastating money there and it is very expensive. I had a fuckin gblast and you will too just try to speak a lil French and not to let attitude get to you and you will have fun. You can find cheap hotels on the outskirts of town whic a re nt far from the main drag. The dock where all the yachts are sometimes have incredible parties on them but they are ususally private parties.

You are gonna be spitting didstance from Ibiza and I would go there for sure if you like music. Shit starts kickiing up in June in Ibiza.

Have a blast and take soem pics and post them when you get back.

Agree for the most part, but it's La Voile Rouge, not vin rouge. The best beach club in my opinion. Some people go to cinquant cinq as well, saw the kind and queen of sweden there, but it tends to be an older crowd and more families. Too Bella, yes, who on earth has not read that book?

oh yea and in response to a few pages ago ( i dont really check back that often) I'm a GIRL , not a guy...but thank you those with at least semi-helpful posts....if i decide to stay in europe longer i might go to ibiza....i know i know ,,, so Passe...some of you need serious help

Brooks you are totally right and I feel like a donkey. Mostly because I used to be almost fluent in French but also because I was there in 2004 and had a blast. Thank you for correcting me. Doh!!!! :) I was seriously hammerred the entire time I was there. I fell alseep on the beach, in a car and under a hedge on the side of the road one night when, yes I had a hotel room too, lol!

Yeah what is it with all the criticisms and judemental crap. Just learn to have fun wherever you are people. I was raised by my grandparents and my grandmother sounds like that. Always judging and passing critical negative remarks. If you really are about the music then leave the negativity and critical judging for the grandparents.

When life gives you lemons, make a drink!

(hehe bet you thought I was gonna say 'make lemonade' ;-)~

One night a week I think VIP plays some great house music so look for it there.

Africa in general: Lots of bugs, animals weird diseases that can kill you.

North and east africa: Arab terrorists

West, southern and Central Africa: Angry blacks and political unrest / turmoil

South Africa: I'd consider, but the crime is out of control apparently, my friends have like 15 full time body guards patrolling their property at all times in addition to electric fences etc..... I value my life.

I told my one friend i'd go back to Mauritius with her one time, but that's off shore so it's not "real" Africa to me. I may go at some point, but right now, the idea of Africa doesn't appeal to me, because I think it's dangerous.

i guess im different..i like the idea of being outside of my element and away from luxuries..dont mind slumming it once in a while ..some of my family lives in nigeria and your right about the barbed wires and security guards..you need that in Africa if you're white they say....

guess im a little more open minded..my pops lived in Senegal for a couple of years and has nothing but beautiful things to say about the country..guess thats where the desire to go comes from

why are so many ppl on this board assholes?
1. Therapy. Stress, rage, hormones build up when you're forced to suppress them in the real world. Some people release by kick-boxing, or maniacal dancing... or trouncing anonymous strangers on the 'Net.

2. Entertainment. There's only so much superlative heralding of music and parties--which are mostly primary experiences anyway--that you can read through before you get it: People really like house music. A verbal slapfight between a caricature of a wealthy elitist and the masses... think of it as a soap opera for the lurking hundreds who still read this board.

3. Exercise. Once in a blue moon something productive and beneficial and transcendental will come along that will engage and sate your intellectual lust. All other times drama and bickering is a reasonable placebo.

i cant assume things about people i dont know. and the purpose of saying that was to draw a parallel between u and the main character.

I disagree, as Abrooksbro uncannily resembles Sebastian from Brideshead Revisited. However of course, in comparison, he has less panache and far greater, blatant homosexual tendencies.

also doom it's early 20's not late, sorry again pal. Dinner was pretty good in case you were worried

I hope you kept your receipt, as I’m sure mother dearest will want to know how much you charged on her credit card.

Father handles all the finances. Mother doesn't know about money.

Not completely true, as there are several exceptions. Such as when her husband trashes her after he loses several million on energy futures at work, or when she threatens to file divorce papers, then taunts him on how much she will rob him from the settlement and spend it on a new Bentley for her Brazilian tryst, Lucimar.

i cant assume things about people i dont know. and the purpose of saying that was to draw a parallel between u and the main character.

Well, in that case you missed the entire purpose of the book as well. Gatsby doesn't throw the parties to make friends or spend money on these people hoping he will like them. The entire reason he tried to make his fortune and throws the parties, is in the hopes that it will allow him to cross paths with Daisy again, and that when she sees he now has ample financial means to support her, he can in effect go back in time to before he left for the war and he can put things as they were. Like when he tells the narrator, what do you mean you can't repeat the past, of course you can. Also drdoom, being as dinner was with my parents that night, I don't think I need to worry about what they'll think of the bill.

Such as when her husband trashes her after he loses several million
You don't know what you're talking about! She fell down the stairs! She's clumsy like that, being a woman and all.
when she threatens to file divorce papers
Psch! She can't leave! She's no spring chicken anymore, what man will want her?

Shut up! Uncle Lucimar in just a friend! He doesn't touch her in any way that he doesn't also touch abrooksbro!