Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saint Tropez

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only an idiot would be worried when threatened with divorce papers, because only an idiot would get married without a prenup

After all your father does for you, that’s not very polite to deem him an “idiotâ€.

1. Therapy. Stress, rage, hormones build up when you're forced to suppress them in the real world. Some people release by kick-boxing, or maniacal dancing... or trouncing anonymous strangers on the 'Net.

2. Entertainment. There's only so much superlative heralding of music and parties--which are mostly primary experiences anyway--that you can read through before you get it: People really like house music. A verbal slapfight between a caricature of a wealthy elitist and the masses... think of it as a soap opera for the lurking hundreds who still read this board.

3. Exercise. Once in a blue moon something productive and beneficial and transcendental will come along that will engage and sate your intellectual lust. All other times drama and bickering is a reasonable placebo.

haha thank you for the clarification...

myspace.com/iturnmeon

Also drdoom, being as dinner was with my parents that night, I don't think I need to worry about what they'll think of the bill.

So are you referring to your mother as “the tramp that you hooked up with at Marquee�

Give her my regards, and console her by saying that she’s not alone in regretting her decision of not aborting you.

So are you referring to your mother as “the tramp that you hooked up with at Marquee�

Give her my regards, and console her by saying that she’s not alone in regretting her decision of not aborting you.

What are you talking about dude. I went to dinner with my parents at like 6 o'clock, then went out again around 11:30. If you had any reading comprehension or intelligence you would have been able to figure this out, especially since I believe we continued our argument after dinner when I came home before going out. Does it get tiring being so painfully useless?

What are you talking about dude. I went to dinner with my parents at like 6 o'clock, then went out again around 11:30. If you had any reading comprehension or intelligence you would have been able to figure this out, especially since I believe we continued our argument after dinner when I came home before going out. Does it get tiring being so painfully useless?

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/2942335-post11.html

Forgive me my enema-addicted friend, as I am a bit perplexed that you disparaged rayrays69 for using the term “broâ€, yet you just referred to me as “dudeâ€.

Perhaps, you would like me to emulate your earlier response:

“Ok ‘dude’ (I can actually hear the disgusting accent in my mind)â€

:rofl:

I am done with you, you fucking pissant. But by all means, please continue to humiliate yourself on this board and humor all of us. :rofl:

Well, in that case you missed the entire purpose of the book as well. Gatsby doesn't throw the parties to make friends or spend money on these people hoping he will like them. The entire reason he tried to make his fortune and throws the parties, is in the hopes that it will allow him to cross paths with Daisy again, and that when she sees he now has ample financial means to support her, he can in effect go back in time to before he left for the war and he can put things as they were. Like when he tells the narrator, what do you mean you can't repeat the past, of course you can. Also drdoom, being as dinner was with my parents that night, I don't think I need to worry about what they'll think of the bill.

part of the book's theme as well was that people USE YOU if you have a lot of money, etc. look at all the people who came to his parties, just becuz he had them, they didn't give a shit about HIM. left him feeling empty. that was my point.

part of the book's theme as well was that people USE YOU if you have a lot of money, etc. look at all the people who came to his parties, just becuz he had them, they didn't give a shit about HIM. left him feeling empty. that was my point.

Are you a moron. Gatsby didn't care about the people at his parties, and he rarely even spoke to the people at the parties / was visable. The only reason he threw them was in the hopes Daisy would come.

Are you a moron. Gatsby didn't care about the people at his parties, and he rarely even spoke to the people at the parties / was visable. The only reason he threw them was in the hopes Daisy would come.

no are YOU a moron???? ......do u read? You already mentioned that exact statement earlier, and I agreed with you.

Instead of reading the cliff notes like anyone could, im internalizing what I read and saying that ANOTHER THEME (IN ADDITION TO THE MAIN THEME) was that it is human nature for people to USE others who have wealth.....

no are YOU a moron???? ......do u read? You already mentioned that exact statement earlier, and I agreed with you.

Instead of reading the cliff notes like anyone could, im internalizing what I read and saying that ANOTHER THEME (IN ADDITION TO THE MAIN THEME) was that it is human nature for people to USE others who have wealth.....

The thing is though, that your interpretation is wrong. The main characters in the book are all insanely wealthy, other than the Narrator Ben, who is the only character in the book who doesn't use others. Gatsby is bent on trying to relieve the past and everything is for Daisy, Tom and Daisy are just careless people who as he says smash things up and then retreat back into their money. The only "using" is by the people attending Gatsby's party, but I wouldn't call it using because he is only inviting them to create a spectacle to attarct Daisy, so they are using each other. The mechanics wife could arguably be using Tom for his $, but it's more that they just have a very shallow relationship. Don't even dream of condescending to me about reading cliffs notes because you have poor understanding of Fitzgerald.

The thing is though, that your interpretation is wrong.

There is no such thing as a wrong interpretation. you must clearly think in black and white.....

"The only "using" is by the people attending Gatsby's party, but I wouldn't call it using because he is only inviting them to create a spectacle to attarct Daisy, so they are using each other. "

Yes, in that aspect, they did both "use" each other. But regardless, it still is a commentary on how society uses others for their possessions and their own personal gains.

"Don't even dream of condescending to me about reading cliffs notes because you have poor understanding of Fitzgerald."

How would I know if you read cliffs notes or not? And practice what you preach, your statement was condescending in and of itself. You are assuming I have a poor understanding of Fitzgerald because you don't agree with my interpretation.

Not to mention that everything you've said on here has put someone or something down. Don't walk around like your shit doesnt stink, grow up and join the rest of the world around you.