Clubplanet Nightlife Community

gabriel and dresden last night ......

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW and WOW

i havent been into trance for a couple of years but i must say these boys did their thing def off the hook musically crowd was ok to . it was a nice mixture of new tracks , big tracks euphoric breakdowns with a little tough tech tinged trance to boot i enjoyed myself i hope everyone had fun as well and for those who missed it too bad :getdown:

you must have not been at Pacha cuz G&D barely played any trance last nite. Terrible showing by the duo. Jason Jollins played an amazing opening set.

nxt week wit Markus and SvD is def something to look fwd to

take enough pills and even polka sounds good.

It seems all the trance DJs are playin all tech sets when they come to NYC.......I remember hype tellin me Ferry doin the same thing.....I guess they agree with me, when I posted about a year ago sayin how trance is gone in NYC......But Tech now.....Tech is only gettin bigger and bigger.....Calderone, Santana, Bailey, Exacta, Boris, all playin lots of tech these days.....Have to agree, I love me some nasty Tech!

It seems all the trance DJs are playin all tech sets when they come to NYC.......I remember hype tellin me Ferry doin the same thing.....I guess they agree with me, when I posted about a year ago sayin how trance is gone in NYC......But Tech now.....Tech is only gettin bigger and bigger.....Calderone, Santana, Bailey, Exacta, Boris, all playin lots of tech these days.....Have to agree, I love me some nasty Tech!

Yea but unfortunately DJs who know what they're doing and really love tech/electro might get pegged as "going along with the crowd" just because it's the in-thing right now.

It seems all the trance DJs are playin all tech sets when they come to NYC.......I remember hype tellin me Ferry doin the same thing.....I guess they agree with me, when I posted about a year ago sayin how trance is gone in NYC......!

wouldn't go that far as to agreeing with you cause its not like they come on to CP and say to themselves "wow this rayrays69 dude is rite, trance is dead in NYC" . PvD, AvB, Markus Schulz, A&B and few other are still banging out the trance in their sets when they come to NYC. Ferry is a completey diff story in that he has said in an interview that he is bored wit the trance sound from late 90s and wants to play differently. And as fas as G&D are concered, they were never a trance duo.

Yea but unfortunately DJs who know what they're doing and really love tech/electro might get pegged as "going along with the crowd" just because it's the in-thing right now.

the "in thing" right now??? um tech was "in" maybe like how long ago, if ever? as far as electro goes - um yeah it's very "in" right now dude because it's the freshest and best sound out there. your statement is unfortunatley coming from a board who can't seem to realize the last time "trance" was in it was 1994.

did you take my statement the wrong way? that's the vibe i'm getting.

i'm not saying electro is bad because it's in now. i love it and have been listening/playing less and less trance in favor of electro and minimal tracks.

the thing is, sure, when a genre becomes more popular, you have everybody jumping on the bandwagon. however, there's a difference between playing what everyone else is just for popularity reasons and actually being skilled at it and liking it because it fucking rocks and can move a crowd.

amazing night! made event does it again.

gabriel & dresden played a lot of different styles (tech house, house, progressive house, trance, electro, minimal) very diverse and i really enjoyed it.

ive been a big fan of jason jollins for years and while he is well respected and has his following, i think he is possibly the most underrated nyc dj on the club planet board. this guy kills it everytime!

all in all a very fun night :)

I was at this event, very packed. i missed jollins opening set....vibe in there was wild, people showing a lot of love, everyone dancing. i haven't been to an event like this in YEARS. It was a mainly younger crowd. G and D had a very good set. I honestly spent more time in the basement with sleepy and boo and the other local out of analog to be honest becuz i like that type of music and environment (smaller, more intimate) better but I still had a very good time....my little brother's first club exp was at pacha for this party, he had a great time too.

joballz nice to meet u there