Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Confessions of a Karaoke Whore

lalate

A few weeks, I lost my karaoke virgnity, relatively late in my life. Even though I had appeared in musicals most of life on stage, I never done karaoke nor cared to be around people who did. The fear was pretty prevelant even for myself and my friends that would go to it.

However, I got my karaoke stamina a few weeks back and ever since then I have been on a whore rampage of karaokeness.

In the car - song comes on - Im immediately testing to see if I can sing it without breaking 3 or more beer glasses.

On the computer - going to YouTube.com - to see if I can pull off "Jaded" By Aeromsith since the crowd gave me huge applause for "Janeys(sp) got a Gun."

The love of karaoke is strange. There is the cowboy who requested his honkytonk songs. There's the girls who request their r&b ballads. There is the musical theatre twosome that request Little Shop of Horrors.

Do I have a sound? A style? No. Should I? I have no clue. If I can sing it without breaking my tonsils, Im down for it.

What are your favorite songs? I luv doing duets with girls of the Grease Megamix (5 songs). Any Aerosmith. I even tried Old Man River. Ive rapped - usually missing every third line.

Then there is the fun of convincing friends to do a song that is much more sadistic than they think and watching them grasp for air at the six minute mark.

For me, its become a weekly affair. I long for it.

Today the national medical news said singing - even off key - makes people feel better. Funny though --- you're breaking other people's ear drums can make yourself more healthy.

A few weeks, I lost my karaoke virgnity, relatively late in my life. Even though I had appeared in musicals most of life on stage, I never done karaoke nor cared to be around people who did. The fear was pretty prevelant even for myself and my friends that would go to it.

However, I got my karaoke stamina a few weeks back and ever since then I have been on a whore rampage of karaokeness.

In the car - song comes on - Im immediately testing to see if I can sing it without breaking 3 or more beer glasses.

On the computer - going to YouTube.com - to see if I can pull off "Jaded" By Aeromsith since the crowd gave me huge applause for "Janeys(sp) got a Gun."

The love of karaoke is strange. There is the cowboy who requested his honkytonk songs. There's the girls who request their r&b ballads. There is the musical theatre twosome that request Little Shop of Horrors.

Do I have a sound? A style? No. Should I? I have no clue. If I can sing it without breaking my tonsils, Im down for it.

What are your favorite songs? I luv doing duets with girls of the Grease Megamix (5 songs). Any Aerosmith. I even tried Old Man River. Ive rapped - usually missing every third line.

Then there is the fun of convincing friends to do a song that is much more sadistic than they think and watching them grasp for air at the six minute mark.

For me, its become a weekly affair. I long for it.

Today the national medical news said singing - even off key - makes people feel better. Funny though --- you're breaking other people's ear drums can make yourself more healthy.

IDGI :confused:

Eagles - Take it Easy

Beastie Boys - Fight For Your Right(to party)

Aerosmith - Sweet Emotion

Danzig - Mother

Metallica - Seek & Destroy

The BOSS - Dancing in the Dark

I've sung Kareoke once in my life and I have been very drunk but still wont get up there...

Summer Lovin - Grease :)

Convincing girls to do a 3some of "Lady Lumps", dance and all :drool: classic. Always prefaced with "oh, do a shot of Patron, honey, it will help you get into" :rock: