Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can NYC builds nightclubs thats about the music not Vip and Bottle sevice ?

rbert

computerjockstrap (12 posts): I know famous people, gay is better than straight, Europe is better than USA, Cain is where it's at… shite!

mikbadonkadonk (9 posts): You suck!

amenswarehouse (8 posts): I'm better than you and hate everything.

ihatemyself (5 posts): Why won't you love me, danielia?

phhhhhantasm (4 posts): {insert snide remark here}

aBatemanbro (3 posts): I'm better than you and hate everything.

surplusqueen (3 posts): STFU computerjockstrap!

whoiscuntandwhyisheback (2 posts): something something.

lolafatass (2 posts): Let me tell you about Miami in this thread about NY...

sidtoolongo (1 post): I just wanted to post in this thread.

graczie..im all about snide remarks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't be credible when you write that nyc doesn't have a music scene and never had. I have a problem with the 'never had' thrown in there.

I make a difference between 'real music scene' and 'new music scene'. I think a party like Joe Claussell's at Love is real, I think Danny Krivit's 718 sessions are real, and i think that the calderone parties are real too. Hell, I even think the Loft parties thrown by David Mancuso are real, and they're definitely not new.

All those scenes are real, meaning they are the true representation of a sound, yes. Are they new? Not really.

Also, I don't go out as much as I did (it was 4 times/week), but I've seen some of what this city has to offer. Yes, I've been to mr.black Fridays, it's fine but i don't call that cutting edge either (Maybe S.Jo wasn't playing).

The only scene I consider new and interesting is the MisShapes party back 2 years ago. And I like the HotPink! sound ...

We're probably overlapping in what we're saying but somehow your messages sound so aggressive ...

I'll throw a good old PLUR in there!

i dig u ms. queen - sorry - i guess i should be more exact: "NYC does not have a REAL music scene with NEW music" (and i'm sorry, old music is TIRED) - and yeah mr black ain't all that sometimes if the right DJ isn't there

and yeah i become highly aggressive when talking music so sorry for handing that crap out to you

Guys, remember to take computerjokcey's opinions with a grain of salt. As mentioned, he stopped going out when he was 24 right after the stock market crash, and has just started getting back into it, so of course he is the penultimate authority. He doesn't seem to want to grasp that not everyone or even most people want his "scene," but since NYC doesn't have exactly what HE wants it's horrible. If you guys are looking to hang out with a bunch of old dudes dressed up like trannys with makeup on who are dancing while E'd up, then boy does he have a scene for you though.

dude - the more you write the more you express yourself as nothing but a LOSER - you need a life and from what you've written before the only life you have worth living is when you have a bottle in your hand

Simons, FL...

what Tools the Fag scene in Ny is filled with..

"cunt" you smell you tired fish - you need to realize in order to be witty you actually need a line that makes sense (and throwing the word "fag" into an insult doesn't automatically means it makes any sense (except to point out you're a total retard)) - i suggest you go back from whatever crack you crawled out of (i'm thinking that crack is NJ)

maybe you're trying to say something about what makes up the gay scene in NYC? if you were a NY'er you'd realize gay people contribute a hell of a lot to this city in endless ways and if you think small minded people like you can have a 1/100th of the influence the gay culture has had on NYC then you might as well stay in the GOP states....

Where did i claim to be VIP? I have no problem shelling out $150... i don't claim to be someone special.. I'm not the one on a public messageboard telling people to run around florida saying "michael from simons" to see if people recognize me.. thats just hillarious.. wow your sooo cool... :blown:

I am saying VIP is brilliant as far as a club is concerned with making money... Thats all i said.. i don't get why that rattled you soo much.. i mean get a grip.. :laugh:

I've partied all over the world, i don't need to be told where "real music" is.. your opinion on "real music" is just that - an opinion..

get real - u have no idea how "cool" i am and i hardly have to explain shite to someone who trolls a board for a town she doesn't even live in.

the only thing i can suggest to you is to stay busy dishing out $150 for an overpriced bottle and to drink up because with lame lines like this you, and those around you, are gonna have to be drunk in order to have a good time

ha! my opinion of music - if you only knew what line you just fed me.... i know quite a bit about electronic music and if you wanna think otherwise go ahead - you obviously haven't met me nor talked to any DJ that ever has

btw, i might not be "cool" but my friends sure the fuck are...

If I end up at Cain tommorow, remind me to look for the geriatric toolbag with makeup on and throw a drink in his face.............on second thought, never mind, he's not even worth it

no dude - look for the table where there are people who get PAID to be at the club - i'll be sitting down drinking some vodka and cranberry - come by and i'll pour you a drink 4sure

then again - i kinda doubt you'll even be able to make it in the club... but if you do it's the only table by the bar. but if you get the urge to throw a drink in a guy's face that's wearing make-up ask the club which people get paid to be there - they'll point out guys who wear a lot more make-up then me and if you can't see how lame that makes you for saying/writing the term "make-up on a guy" about 1,000 times then you're hopeless

gotta go with CJ here on this one, yes they do pay these guys to put on makeup and come to the clubs.

I used to know Matt Tratner et. al. and would go to spa thursdays (then plaid thursdays) every week, the characters there were "interesting" to say the least.

get real - u have no idea how "cool" i am and i hardly have to explain shite to someone who trolls a board for a town she doesn't even live in.

the only thing i can suggest to you is to stay busy dishing out $150 for an overpriced bottle and to drink up because with lame lines like this you, and those around you, are gonna have to be drunk in order to have a good time

ha! my opinion of music - if you only knew what line you just fed me.... i know quite a bit about electronic music and if you wanna think otherwise go ahead - you obviously haven't met me nor talked to any DJ that ever has

btw, i might not be "cool" but my friends sure the fuck are...

*newsflash* no one cares how cool you or anyone else on CP claims to be..

Your opinion on music and everything else is just that - an opinion.. we all have them.. i never said you didn't like good music.. not sure where you come up with all these crazy things from my posts.. lol Its rather entertaining though :laugh: ( Jackie, i need that lost in translation picture please :laugh: )

btw i can post on any forum in here that i want.. its a public forum :idea:

I agree with everybody on the board. I dont like these bottle service club because its hard to get into these venue and you have to be on the guest list or know somebody.Dress to impress and bling bling.This thursday im going to one of these three bottle service club, Marquee,Guesthouse,Home.I hooked up with a promoter for guesthouse and home and another promoter for marquee thursday night. Club bed is still closed. Cain has to be the top bottle service venue in the city and the hardest to get in. Its very upscale and the clients too.

i skimmed through most of the posts because it seemed they consisted mostly of insults and very little substance in regards to the thread/topic. The bottle crowd isnt about the music scene, they are out to be seen. They heard that XYZ dj is the newest shit so they go to hear said DJ and pop a bottle, why, cause thats what they were told is cool. Now granted the DJ was heard, but did they really listen? Maybe, maybe not ... and rarely will a "casual clubber" ever take the time to research a DJ they heard randomly and enjoyed tremendously. To much effort to do all that and in the meanwhile, another great talent is buried, and lost.

in the end the bottle crowd isnt about the music, its about a scene that consists of status points based on how many bottles you drank while THIS close to the DJ. Now I cant say i never did the bottle thing, but i originally walked through the doors with intentions to hear a DJ, not to look pretty while dropping dough. Now with overseas markets being referenced as exposing new talent, let us not forget that they too offer bottle service. The difference between US and THEM is that radio stations are playing electronic tracks all the time, whole stations dedicated to it. So people are already about the music going into the club and purchase bottles service not only for presence of status and bling but just as much out of convenience. If we had stations with good EDM on the radio, things might be different. Alas, we here in NYC have KTU ...

gotta go with CJ here on this one, yes they do pay these guys to put on makeup and come to the clubs.

I used to know Matt Tratner et. al. and would go to spa thursdays (then plaid thursdays) every week, the characters there were "interesting" to say the least.

matt tratner is not only a super nice guy but super cute too!

holy shit I am confused....are the two queens going at it first off? if so that's cool, keep it up...we need a little bitch fight to lighten things up around here

and am I wrong but is computerqueer talking about someone else not going out in years when he has admitted leaving the scene for a few decades and just coming back a year ago...this guy (and I use the term guy loosely) is all about contadicting himself.

mikdork, or dorksbro, before i went out i couldn't tell you what the scene was all about. after a year i can tell you quite a bit. if you're going to try to be "bitchy" have valid points to bitch about - i was saying how can someone who hasn't gone out in a long time know what the scene is now? you're lame and since you're sooo lame i kinda think mikdork and dorksbro are one in the same...

*newsflash* no one cares how cool you or anyone else on CP claims to be..

Your opinion on music and everything else is just that - an opinion.. we all have them.. i never said you didn't like good music.. not sure where you come up with all these crazy things from my posts.. lol Its rather entertaining though :laugh: ( Jackie, i need that lost in translation picture please :laugh: )

btw i can post on any forum in here that i want.. its a public forum :idea:

ok "an opinion" - go ask any DJ i know about my level of music and if they consider what i have to say about music (ie, "it's good song") if they take that as "fact" or "opinion" - you're talking to someone who's history you have no clue of. but chill tho - the person's opinion i'll be slightly concerned with, whether or not my thoughts on music are more fact or fiction, will be those who are actually spinning it. if you insist of saying plain vanilla crap like this i can have a 5 minute conversation with any DJ you know (as long as they're a "good" DJ) and i'll let him fill you in on who's more of an expert on music after our conversation - that DJ himself or me.

computerface, look at the past few days and then realize why you have more posts than me.

Elevated flow, you've got it wrong, the "bottle service" crowd is a poor term, because a lot of the people who go to the bottle service clubs don't bother wasting the money on bottles, because frankly unless you're a large group and just want to hang out together, it isn't worth it. Also, they don't go anywhere because they heard such an such a DJ is spinning, because they don't care, who ever knows who the DJ is? We go places to drink, hang out with friends, meet some new people and have fun at a nice venue with other well dressed, well heeled attractive people (sadly this is ruined sometimes when 50 year old tools and their fat tranny friends show up).

NY is not La. What is going on with NYc nightlifescene its turning into La and Vegas. MarQuee expensive bottle service and bouncers with the worst attitude.I remeber when NYC nightlifescene was about the music,dj,people coming in unity to party together. I see in Miami things are changing. The nightlifescene is leaving Sb for Downtown Miami, Sb turning into hip hop scene and expensive bottle service.

Sorry, but Marquee is NOT about the music.

Well for starters. your not going to find out about Underground Shit on this shitty Board...

This is NOT the board Thats music Driven, But NYC is massive, and has allot going on all the time. clubplanet is like webster hall online..

Your not going to find Underground party's and cool Spots much on here.

very true.

and where are you finding $150 bottles of grey goose??? all the clubs i go to charge $350. if hadn't worked in the club scene and realized all they cared about was making as much money as possible, w/out giving a shite as to the music being played, then i wouldn't have room to argue.

You are a tool if you are paying $350 for a bottle of grey goose and even more of a tool for saying that to try and make urself look cool

Seriously, from reading your posts on here and actually taking a look at your myspace page, all you are is an over the hill fag hag who is hanging on to his last bit of spirit gum & red glitter for attention.

And P.S

Hiro, Duvet, Cain and all the other wannabe annoying fashionista places that you named in your lovely little myspace profile are highly easy to get into, so sorry hunny, you are way far from a V.I.P

Y'know I'm thinking I may have to join the makeup camp here.

When you're at a promotional party and you're chatting up a bunch of girls standing on line who are all excited and abnormally chatty and friendly because of the prospect of free manicures, hair, and makeup, you too may end up with a manicure...

1jr2m1n26800xm1.th.jpg

... and sometimes makeup isn't just lipstick, mascara, and blush. Sometimes it's more like facepaint

1jr2m1sw4800oj6.th.jpg

I agree with everbody on who responded. Silverbull i was going to checkout the party this Fri night at pacha i went to Crobar. One friday Im going to checkout the stimuluse party. I got flyers and seen video of the party you host. I met anthony lamont so many times. I got friend who Dj on LI and hes good friends with jason ojeda,razor and guido Dj theo.Nyc needs a radio station that supports dance music and culture nightlifescene. it started in late 70s 92.ktu then Hot103 then Hot97 then Ktu 103.5.