Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So I plan on using a cab during WMC

sadelb

This might sound like a stupid question but I was wondering if anybody knows of a reliable cab service I can use when I go to WMC. I am staying at the best western atlantic beach resort on 4101 collins avenue. I believe it is a little far to walk to most places such as ocean drive /restaurants / clubs. (although i could be wrong)

Anyways, if somebody knows of a reliable cab service that doesnt overcharge and will get to my location fast that would be good. I remember a few years ago when i went, some of the cabs took 40 or 50 minutes to just pick me up. Thanks. Also maybe somebody can tell me how my location is. Close to things? Good/ Bad location?

Ben

to be honest,

rent a car, I stayed down that area one yr and did that ,

esp if you plan on attending space, nocturnal pawn shop area a few times during the week

a cab to that area will run you about $30 (at the least)

a rental car adds up to a much better deal,

if you do go with cab, take any yellow cab provided by your hotel, but make sure they avoid collins, ocean drive and all that shit, cause they are traffic nightmares during conference week, esp at peak hours, its a parking lot

esp with all the 1988 cutlass' on hydrolics ....lol

You should be able to catch cabs from the the curb. Most will charge maybe 10-15 bucks. DON'T RENT A CAR! you will have to pay for valet/parking on top of the cost of the rental car. That will triple what you have to pay in cab fares.

Plus you don't want to drive wasted either.

Just remember...it may take you a while to get into Sobe due to the shitty traffic.

the good thing about taxis in the Miami area is that you can both flag them down in the street or call ahead to have them pick you up

one reliable one in miami beach is (305) 532-5555

I do not recommend renting a car. First off parking is a freaking nightmare here. I should know I live in South Beach. Second that means you will have to be sober. If you drink(or do bumps of coke, etc) and drive you're playing with fire. I know cab fares can add up but if you split it with your party you'll do okay.

I think I will just use cabs. I called the hotel and the guy told me I was about 2 miles from Ocean Drive. I dont mind walking that honestly but I believe the people I will be with wont like that. If its only 2 miles it shouldnt be that bad of a cab ride I guess.

the one year i rented a car(01) i got broadsided by a girl on ecstasy on washington ave...... driving in Miami Beach between 3am and 6am is fucking insane, i would suggest against it if you want to live - everyone is high or drunk and out of control

my girl and i usually just stay at the RIU and walk during the day and cab at night

I forget people drink...lol

I dont drink, so renting a car was best option , plus we have parking at our hotel

to me, it was cheaper then cabs,

plus we do alot of back and forth to space, so one night can cast 60 or more in cab fares,

def diff for certain situations.........

I forget people drink...lol

I dont drink, so renting a car was best option , plus we have parking at our hotel

to me, it was cheaper then cabs,

plus we do alot of back and forth to space, so one night can cast 60 or more in cab fares,

def diff for certain situations.........

It will cost you the same or more to park the car at Space and in South Beach. Plus you probably don't know exactly where you are going. Two years ago I stayed 42nd and Collins near where you are. Not that bad...I always brought a "roady" with me and had several people to share the cost of the cab so I didn't mind.

Or you can skateboard to the bar like Funk would. :)