BRUCE LEE VS. JACKIE CHAN

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

neither one of them.

the best is <b>"BRUCE LEEROY"</b>, hahahha

i think the movie was called 'the last dragon in the bronx' or some crap like that.

PS my real answer, BRUCE LEE, no doubt!

-kathy

------------------

things to see, people to do... hehe

yea they have their individual qualities but in a fight bruce lee would beat the crap out of jackie chan....just look at the stats bruce was 5'6 130lbs and could bench 300lbs!!! eek.gifeek.gif jackie chan is a comedian bruce lee was a fighter a real legend, there will never be another like him not jackie chan not jet li none of em can compare....bruce lee was the essence of martial arts..

Guest crystalmethodny

Bruce Lee.

Hands down.

LavKrap- Brucee Leeroy? "Catches bullets with his teeth?" - great flick

-CM

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

nightcrawler, I don't know about that. As a fighter . . . I would have to say that Jet Li comes real close if not equal. Don't forget that Jet Li was a REAL shoulin (sp?) monk and won SEVEN international championship in a row BEFORE he got discovered. Jet Li is an AWESOME fighter as well. He might not excel Bruce Lee in stardom in hollywood but as a fighter . . . that remains to be seen.

BlueAngel

------------------

I would rather have 15 minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special.

I HAVEN'T SEEN JET LI FIGHT BECAUSE HIS MOVIES DIDN'T INTEREST ME. I DIDN'T KNOW HOW WAS A SHAOLIN MONK EITHER. BUT WHAT I DO KNOW IS THAT BRUE LEE STUDIED ALL FORMS OF MARTIAL ARTS AND CREATED IS OWN . . . JEET KUN DO. IF YOU READ ANY OF HIS BOOKS OR WRITINGS, YOU'LL SEE THAT HIS STYLE WAS PURE STREET FIGHTING. HIS PHILOSOPHY REFELECTED THAT AS WELL. IN HIS BOOK HE WROTE THAT IF YOU GET INTO A FIGHT YOU SHOULD FIGHT TO KILL THAT PERSON. IF NOT, DON'T FIGHT AT ALL. NOW THAT'S HARDCORE. HE'S ONLY PERSON THAT COULD SERIOUSLY DEFEAT HIS OPPONENT, PHYSICALLY BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, MENTALLY. HE'S THE MAN. OH AND ONE MORE THING, HIS DEATH AND THEN HIS SON'S, BRINGS BRUCE LEE TO A DIFFERENT LEVEL. BRUCE IS A LEGEND.

i dont even wanna think about bruce lee...my college roommate loved bruce lee...actually he was obsessed with bruce lee...i counted the number of bruce lee's that ended up on our wall...it was 82...so i dont think my answer to your question would be a fair one smile.gif

------------------

"Absent Minded" guestlist at Exit and Tunnel.

"Warren's list" at AriA.

email me (IrvGrampa@aol.com) or call me @ 914-912-9518

Let me tell you all something about bruce lee.!! He was a real man who really stuided his stuff , fought for reall , the movies like him because he can do all that he can they way he can do it .... i met him and got his signings later

------------------

Be the man and stay that way if your good

Let me tell you all something about bruce lee.!! He was a real man who really stuided his stuff , fought for reall , the movies like him because he can do all that he can they way he can do it .... i met him and got his signings later

------------------

Be the man and stay that way if your good

i love bruce lee, i think he is a great fighter, and really paved the way for asians to be accepted in hollywood.

however, my one complain about him is that he was a complete womanizer. not only did he regularly cheat on his wife, but he also was a frequent customer at whorehouses. i think this pretty known in the asian community, when i used to go on about how awesome bruce lee is when i was a kid, i'd always get a "yea but he's a dirty bastard".

i don't mean to dishevel his image, besides, you shouldn't judge him on his personal life (or anyone for that matter). i just thought it would be interesting to bring up.

i still think he is the greatest martial artist ever. jet li is also respectable. but once you start learning martial arts, you don't even look up to these hollywood guys;

i took tae kwon do for 3 years and in complete awe of all the fighters i have met, more so than bruce lee or whoever.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Well ok but kitty,

Bruce Lee wasn't just a Hollywood guy. He was the first person to open Do Jo's in many place in America. He took allot of stick doing it too, ostracized by many of the people who taught him.

He did allot of good, teaching discipline to inner city kids... I am sure he touched more peoples lives than he hurt.

i agree B2B. if it wasn't for him, a good majority of martial arts school wouldn't even be here right now. i respect him for paving the road for the future of martial arts in america, you can't deny that.

but i guess seeing that everyone was making him sound like a god, i just felt as if everyone should respect him as a fellow human being with extraordinary skill in martial arts. that's all. smile.gif

besides, it's funny how that movie, "dragon, the story of bruce lee" glamorizes his personal life, and forgot to mention his addiction to opium, whores, and partying.

hey, he seems like one of us now, doesn't he? smile.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

well well well here comes the battle of the legends =)

as bruce lee is most legendary martial artist known to man kind and my role model as far as martial arts training is concerend. jet lee is simply graced with skill and would give bruce lee a tough time but teh outcome is defitnly in bruces favor.

=)

another question is why is it you can not find a exceptional jun fan jeet kun do school in nyc?

hhmmmmmmm

i have heard of a jkd seminar this weekend by BIG Sean Madigan but no schools =(

what a shame

alamo http://alamo.com

bruce lee information site: http://www.vic20.net/alamo

hey alamo,

there is actually a JKD school in fresh meadows, queens on the LIE service road. i believe it's called Progressive Martial Arts School, if you are interested.

B2B, i would LOVE to party with bruce lee!

kitty19: "hey bruce, that guy keeps hittin on me, tell him to leave me alone!"

bruce lee: "but of course! let me go kill him."

kitty19, "thanks, you're the man! hey, you wanna bump?"

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*