Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Shaun Bell NYPD Incident

bxbomb

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially since that loudmouth Sharpton is involved ugh.

..i fuckin hate that guy....i love how if anyone makes a black comment its nationwide mayhem.....but when that coach told a kid to stop actin like such a guinea if he wanted more play time....no one says boo....same fuckin thing..if the kid was black and he called him a nigger he would have lost his job..

..i fuckin hate that guy....i love how if anyone makes a black comment its nationwide mayhem.....but when that coach told a kid to stop actin like such a guinea if he wanted more play time....no one says boo....same fuckin thing..if the kid was black and he called him a nigger he would have lost his job..

:werd:

I haven't spoken to him since this happened. My sister did though. He's in hiding because supposedly the guy that got killed was in a gang and they're looking for him.

duno bout all that...i know i sound like a broken record..but i went to JHS w Sean...he was the quietest dude ever ...the only gang who would be lookin for the cop is "black people pissed @ 80 shots fired @ random black guy suspected to have gun"

duno bout all that...i know i sound like a broken record..but i went to JHS w Sean...he was the quietest dude ever ...the only gang who would be lookin for the cop is "black people pissed @ 80 shots fired @ random black guy suspected to have gun"

Didn't know that. But like I said before, the other cop was already firing when Mike got there.

Actually, I have a feeling he'll get off. He showed up after the other officer was already firing. Yes, 31 shots is excessive but there's no telling what any of us would do if you believed your life was in danger.

The officers believed the dude in the car had a gun.

The key word is believe the dude had a gun.. They did not.. So 31 shots were excessive... The difference btwn us and him is he is a trained undercover cop to act in these situations.. We are not

If they get off the defense better show a 4th shooter.. If not people are gonna go ape shit, and well deserved

The key word is believe the dude had a gun.. They did not.. So 31 shots were excessive... The difference btwn us and him is he is a trained undercover cop to act in these situations.. We are not

If they get off the defense better show a 4th shooter.. If not people are gonna go ape shit, and well deserved

How many times do I have to type that the other officer was already firing when he got there? I probably would have done the same thing. I'd keep firing till the fuckin car stopped moving. And even though they didn't have a gun, a car is still a deadly weapon.

Bell was the nephew of University of Miami basketball coach Frank Haith.[3] As a teenager, he studied acting in Flushing.[4] He was a star pitcher for John Adams High School in Ozone Park, but gave up his sports dreams when his girlfriend became pregnant. His senior year season ended with an 11-0 record, a 2.30 E.R.A. and 97 strikeouts in 62.2 innings.

Bell held odd jobs after the birth of his daughter. His fiancée, Nicole Paultre, told Larry King that Bell was an electrician by trade and in between jobs when the shooting occurred.[5]

According to Fox News, Bell had been arrested three times, twice for drug dealing and once for a firearms possession.[6] In all cases, he was released on his own recognizance.[7] The New York Daily News reported that, according to law enforcement sources, Bell sold crack cocaine twice to a confidential police informant in August of 2006.[8] Joseph Guzman and Trent Benefield, also shot in the incident, had been arrested nine and two times, respectively, each having been arrested at least once for illegal firearm possession.[6] Benefield was subsequently arrested during a gambling raid in Harlem after attending the funeral of James Brown.

At the time Bell was holding his bachelor party at Kalua Cabaret, a venue notorious for prostitution, drug-arrests and liquor-law violations. The club was being investigated by seven undercover police detectives.[9] The New York Post reported that, according to an unnamed undercover officer, Guzman had an argument inside the club with a woman and threatened to get a gun. The woman was reportedly overheard saying to the men arguing with Bell's friends, "I'm not doing you all. I'll do one or two, but not all."[10] The undercover officer followed the group and Bell was ordered by the officer to raise his hands after getting in his car. Instead, the car hit the undercover officer and, seconds later, an unmarked police minivan.[1] A toxicology report reportedly showed that he was legally drunk at the time of the shooting. An attorney for the Bell family said in response to the report, "No matter what his blood-alcohol level was, he's a victim."[11]

Other accounts of the incident conflict with that of the undercover officers'. According to Guzman and lawyer Michael Hardy, the detectives never identified themselves while they approached the vehicle with drawn weapons.[8] Another source also told New York Daily News that the officers failed to warn Bell before opening fire and started firing immediately upon leaving their vehicles.[12]

The police officer who initiated the gunfire said that he saw a fourth man in the car, who fled the scene amid the chaos, possibly with the alleged weapon that wasn't recovered. Some civilian witnesses at the scene support this claim, and pointed to Jean Nelson as the fourth man. Nelson was possibly present at the bachelor party and witnessed the shooting, but denies being in the car or possessing a gun.[13][14] According to The New York Times, a preliminary police report of the shooting contains

"... no meaningful discussion of a fourth man, a mysterious figure who some in the Police Department have suggested may have been present along with the three men who were shot. None of the witnesses whose accounts are in the report speaks of someone who may have fled — perhaps possessing a gun — and there are no indications that the police at the time were seeking anyone who may have left the scene."

Critics suggest that the scenario was concocted by the police officer in order to justify the shooting.[13] Columnist Juan Gonzalez reported in the New York Daily News that, according to a law enforcement source, in the hours immediately following the incident, there was no mention of a fourth man in the police calls and no search was launched for the potentially armed man. This source thus contradicted initial reports that the police searched the neighborhood for the missing man.[16]

According to Michael Palladino, the head of the detectives union, a man that was working as a janitor in a nearby building while the incident occurred later told the detectives that he had seen a black man fleeing the scene, and that the man had fired a gun, at least once, at the police. The witness further stated that he had then heard the officers shouting "police, police." According to the police, there is no ballistic evidence indicating that any weapon, other than those of the officers', was fired at the scene.has been found indicating the firing of [17].

While many have claimed that the shooting was racially motivated, two of the five officers involved were black, one was white, one was Middle-Eastern, and one was of biracial black and Hispanic origin (Haitian/Mexican). The first officer to fire was black.[18]

In an interview on Larry King Live, accompanying Bell's fiancée Nicole Paultre, Al Sharpton stated that according to his conversations with eye-witnesses, none of the three men who were shot mentioned a gun while leaving the club. Sharpton also felt that it would be impossible for the persons in the car to have heard the police from within the car, and that they were likely to fear that they were being carjacked.[5]

According to Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly, veteran officer Michael Oliver emptied two full magazines, firing 31 shots from a 9mm handgun and pausing to reload at least once.[9] Some shots hit nearby homes and a train station. Five of the seven officers investigating the club were involved in the shooting. Detective Paul Headley fired one round, Officer Michael Carey fired three, Officer Marc Cooper fired four, Officer Gescard Isnora fired eleven, and Officer Michael Oliver fired thirty one times. [19] [20][21]

Guzman, 31, was shot at least 11 times and Benefield, 23, who was in the back seat, was hit three times. Both men were taken to Mary Immaculate Hospital; at the time of admission Guzman was listed in critical condition and Benefield was in stable condition.[9] Benefield was released from the hospital on 5 December 2006,[22] while Guzman was released on 25 January 2007.[23] Surveillance cameras at the Port Authority's Jamaica Ave. AirTrain station a half block away from the shooting site recorded one of the bullets fired by the cops shattering through the station's glass window and narrowly missing a civilian and two Port Authority patrolmen who were standing on the station's elevated platform.[

:funny:

All I'm sayin' is you really can't sit behind a keyboard and say what someone should do in the line of fire.

You weren't there.

exactly i was not there, why b/c im not an undercover cop.. Your execuses sound like he was a civilian not a cop with training in these type of situations. he emptied and reloaded his gun and continued shooting

Wow, that's the first story I read that describes Mike as being Middle-Eastern. He's Syrian. I was saying that it's funny that because everyone is crying about race, they call him white but if he had a bomb or something, he'd be Middle-Eastern.

While many have claimed that the shooting was racially motivated, two of the five officers involved were black, one was white, one was Middle-Eastern, and one was of biracial black and Hispanic origin (Haitian/Mexican). The first officer to fire was black.

exactly i was not there, why b/c im not an undercover cop.. Your execuses sound like he was a civilian not a cop with training in these type of situations. he emptied and reloaded his gun and continued shooting

1. They thought he had a gun.

2. They hit an officer with the car.

3. They hit a police van with the car.

4. The BLACK officer was already firing when Mike got there.

Are you illiterate?

If they say that the first officer was justified, they all get off. If they say he wasn't, then it goes to Mike. And he will probably be justified because the other officers were saying there was a gun in the car and they were already shooting.

exactly, you weren't there so shut the fuck up

stop acting like you know what you would do in the situation, cause you dont

exactly, you weren't there so shut the fuck up

stop acting like you know what you would do in the situation, cause you dont

First off don't tell me to shut the fuck up, second i'm not saying i know what i would do.. I'm saying that the cops should know what to do

if there was a shooter than how come it has not come out??

1. They thought he had a gun.

2. They hit an officer with the car.

3. They hit a police van with the car.

4. The BLACK officer was already firing when Mike got there.

Are you illiterate?

If they say that the first officer was justified, they all get off. If they say he wasn't, then it goes to Mike. And he will probably be justified because the other officers were saying there was a gun in the car and they were already shooting.

I never mentioned race why would you? mike got a little overeager and shot 31 times.. 2x as much as the other officers

First off don't tell me to shut the fuck up, second i'm not saying i know what i would do.. I'm saying that the cops should know what to do

if there was a shooter than how come it has not come out??

Thanks for answering my question, you ARE illiterate.

According to Michael Palladino, the head of the detectives union, a man that was working as a janitor in a nearby building while the incident occurred later told the detectives that he had seen a black man fleeing the scene, and that the man had fired a gun, at least once, at the police. The witness further stated that he had then heard the officers shouting "police, police."