Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pacha NYC wins Best Superclub at WMC...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like JP who is stuck playing in the United States cause he can't grow as an international DJ

United States? I dont think most of the club world in the united states has heard of him. He is more a NY area DJ. I think Richie Santana has a wider spread of venues to his credit than JP does. (much better DJ too.)

my opinion

As for Pacha. Honestly I never really liked how the place was as factory, just went for other reasons. I think it is too up and down and not wide enough. I think Crobar/ Studio is much better set up for a club. They did a lot of nice work to pacha and have good talent. I just dont think the set up is very good.

awards mean nothing.... i have never had fun at pacha... Love, Sullivan Room, Shelter, Studio B, anywhere bringing in good DJs, without relying on the ignorant regulars/walk-ins to pay its bills, those are the best clubs

Guest onisakura

So are you saying that James Zabiela isnt a good DJ? How about Chris Liebing? Sven Vath? Dennis Rodgers? I could keep going and going....but really there's no need. Your point makes no sense.

I think the award was well won.

PAcha deserved the award, it has come along way since the opening, many people thought it wouldnt last a year but it has come out on top and now every DJ wants to have a spot there...Congratulations to them...I think many people underestimate the hard work and dedication it takes to make a club #`1

So are you saying that James Zabiela isnt a good DJ? How about Chris Liebing? Sven Vath? Dennis Rodgers? I could keep going and going....but really there's no need. Your point makes no sense.

I think the award was well won.

chris liebing <--- brought by Robots guys

sven vath <--- brought by Robots

dennis rodgers <--- brought by Robots

(armin, markus, carl cox, dt, g&d, burridge & holden, a&B) <--- brought by Made Event

i think there's an underemphasis in the actual promoters involved with some of the more memorable nights at the club... where's their award? where's their "thanks" for bringing great lineups to New York... Pacha is just a space, a space that i don't like at all

PAcha deserved the award, it has come along way since the opening, many people thought it wouldnt last a year but it has come out on top and now every DJ wants to have a spot there...Congratulations to them...I think many people underestimate the hard work and dedication it takes to make a club #`1

Exactly.

Cielo is still my Fave overall club but Pacha is number 2. And you cant deny the lineups they have bought over the past few months and the lineups they are bringing in still. As well as giving a lot of locals a shot on the main room, basement, pachita.

I'm going to have to agree with this.... I mean, when Pacha first opened, I just couldn't stand it, but it has definately grown on me as a venue, the crowd has evolved, as well as the talent that they are bringing.... I mean, seriously... as far as big rooms in NYC go.... where else are you going? Studio MEZMOR? (Ugh... I HATE that name)....

At the same time, I think TWILO Miami's sound system blows Pacha's away.... Hearing Danny on that system made everything in NY sound like it was underwater....

(armin, markus, carl cox, dt, g&d, burridge & holden, a&B) <--- brought by Made Event

i think there's an underemphasis in the actual promoters involved with some of the more memorable nights at the club... where's their award? where's their "thanks" for bringing great lineups to New York... Pacha is just a space, a space that i don't like at all

be honest, you got banned from spinning there cuz you ran your mouth on another messageboard, you're just a bitter DJ who can't be associated with the Pacha brand now. Have fun at Sullivan room with your internet radio show. icon14.gif

be honest, you got banned from spinning there cuz you ran your mouth on another messageboard, you're just a bitter DJ who can't be associated with the Pacha brand now. Have fun at Sullivan room with your internet radio show. icon14.gif

but he is right......who has "pacha" brought in thats actually worth going to see? DT, Boris, JP? :laugh: :laugh:

youre just another bitter, jaded 19 yr old clubber.

actually he is a 19 year old producer who has his tracks endorsed by DJs all around the world....

he must be doing something right when AvB, Blank & Jones, Judge Jules and others are respecting his production work

and no disrpest to pacha but you guys are makin it out to seem you like won an oscar by winning this award.

Whats this difference between winning an award from Clubawards wich has only been around for 5 years as opposed to IDMA award in wich Space won best US Club

Guest onisakura

I have to say, Space's award was well won but so was Pacha's. Like i said earlier.....Pacha does in fact bring good talent plus the fact that they book locals in a decent room. The layout is perfect.....you have to walk through the basement where the locals spin to get to the main floor and when you get there, there is a definite traffic pattern. This is a very key feature that Crobar/Mezmor does NOT have, flow. The sound is also excellent.

Bringing JP, Boris and whoever the guidos want is filler. Its a huge club after all, those acts are the ones that finance the other DJ's that they book, because most people are too elitist to go out to a "superclub". Fuck that. I go out to dance and enjoy, the club is big enough where you dont have to go anywhere near the cracked out asians. They're gonna be out regardless, just ignore them.

sven vath, dennis rodgers, chris liebing were not "brought in" by robots guys, they just helped promote the party...carl cox and danny tenaglia spun at pacha before made ever had an event there. Burridge/Holden, AVB,G&D, are just a few one off events which definately contributed to the success of Pacha but those one off's did not single handedly make the club #1...Regardless if Pacha wasn't around these parties would not be happening, nobody is forcing you to like a space...everyone is entitled to their own opinion...But facts are facts, you should be a little more informed before you make such bold statements.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

LOL exactly!... I'm not telling everyone they should die because they're celebrating Pacha's award! Just stating my views on a venue I really don't like... it seems everyone on every board is involved with Pacha, so I should have been dumb to expect an ounce of objectivity here...

I'm glad you know my life-story, Seth. "Associated with the Pacha brand now"? I got asked two separate times after that to play in the basement and said I'd rather not. Not bragging or anything, just showing you how heartbroken I am for not being able to play there, according to you. On another note, I've never spun at Sullivan Room, and my internet radio show has been around for longer than Pacha NYC, so it must not be that bad lol.

youre just another bitter, jaded 19 yr old clubber.

Thanks for your insight, Freud, although I'm seeing more quality DJs, events, and venues now than back when I used to go to Pacha or Crobar every week.

actually he is a 19 year old producer who has his tracks endorsed by DJs all around the world....

he must be doing something right when AvB, Blank & Jones, Judge Jules and others are respecting his production work

Thanks, I didn't mean to bring that into the mix, but now that you did.... Seth, my latest released tune "Light At The End" was actually played by Armin Van Buuren at Pacha NYC two weeks ago... That doesn't make me special in anyway, I just find it funny and ironic, to the topic at hand...