Clubplanet Nightlife Community

you are a "rude little pig"

a voice mail left by Alec Baldwin calling his 11 year old daughter a "rude little pic" has been made public. I don't know about the rest of you but my father has done and called me a lot worse when I was a kid. I don't see much wrong with the way he spoke to her although I guess he could have done without the last part of the message. I think it's ashame that his wife would go ahead and make this public.

http://wwww.tmz.com/2007/04/19/alec-baldwins-threatening-message-to-daughter/

.. i didnt hear the whole thing ..but i agree...i've been put in my place more than once and if who are we to know what is deserved....that kid is gonna be so muffed up ..... all i can say is these two should take a few notes from the younger hollywood divorce couples with kids...

As Alec Baldwin's angry words to his daughter were being broadcast around the world, the 49-year-old actor explained himself Friday on his Web site.

"Although I have been told by numerous people not to worry too much, as all parents lose their patience with their kids, I am most saddened that this was released to the media because of what it does to a child," he wrote. "I'm sorry, as everyone who knows me is aware, for losing my temper with my child. I have been driven to the edge by parental alienation for many years now. You have to go through this to understand. (Although I hope you never do.) I am sorry for what happened. But I am equally sorry that a court order was violated, which had deliberately been put under seal in this case."

A voicemail Baldwin left for his 11-year-old daughter, in which he can be heard calling her "a rude, thoughtless little pig," was published Thursday by celebrity news site TMZ.com.

Baldwin and his ex-wife, Kim Basinger, have been engaged in bitter custody disputes over their daughter, Ireland, since the couple divorced in 2002.

"In such public cases, your opponents attempt to take a picture of you on your worst day and insist that this is who you are as a person," Baldwin wrote. "Outside the doors of divorce court, I have friends, I have respect from people I work with and I have a normal relationship with my daughter. All of that is threatened whenever one enters a court room."

Meanwhile, Baldwin's attorney, Vicki Greene, said she filed a court order Friday "to determine how the tape got leaked and to determine whether actions should be taken again Kim Basinger, or her attorneys, or Harvey Levin (who runs TMZ.com) and anybody else associated with the leaking of the tape and the violation of the court orders to keep the proceedings closed."

Greene told TV's "The Insider" that "anyone involved in this case should want to protect Ireland, so whatever happened was either intentional, reckless or negligent."

The matter is set for a hearing June 5, Greene said.

A call to Basinger's attorney was not immediately returned. Basinger's spokeswoman had no comment Friday.

it's one thing to reprimand your child. it's another thing to be completely verbally abusive especially to a little girl. he goes over the line. calling your daughter "a rude little pig" is a horrible thing to say. girls look up to their fathers. when a father calls his daughter names, it can have a lasting effect on her self-esteem. i feel bad for her. he's obviously a prick to her, and i hope she grows up and writes a tell-all book about how bad he sucked as a father.

Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone. You have made an ass out me of for the last time. Three letters: ABA. A, Always, B, Be, A, Answering. Always be answering. Always be answering. AIDA. Attention. Interest. Decision. Action. Attention. Do I have your attention? Interest. Are you interested? I know you are 'cause it's pick up the phone or get your ass straightened out. You answer or you get hit with a brick. Decision. Have you made your decision to pick up the phone? And action. AIDA. Pick up the goddamn phone. You got a call coming in, you think I made it because I've got nothing better to do? I could be shouting shit at random people on the street, but I'm calling you. I don't care that you're twelve or eleven or whatever, are you pig enough to pick it up? I'm a good father, and you're a pig. I don't give a shit. Good father. You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you thoughtless pain in the ass? AIDA. Get mad you daughter-of-a-bitch. Get mad. You know what it takes to answer my call? It takes brass balls to answer my call. Go and do likewise. The phone is ringing, you pick it up, it's yours, you don't, I got no sympathy for you. I'd wish you good luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me. Pig. Oh, also, tell your mother I said "Go fuck yourself." This is Dad, ring me back when you get a chance.

...what is that the transcript?....it doesnt really make sense..was he sober?...why does it take brass balls to PICK up his call..isnt he mad she ISNT picking up the call....and whats all that talk about abba and aida...he must have a thing for broadway musicals....

...i also love that he doesnt know exactly how old she is lmao......and its the 20th ..i wonder if he kicked her ass...

...what is that the transcript?....it doesnt really make sense..was he sober?...why does it take brass balls to PICK up his call..isnt he mad she ISNT picking up the call....and whats all that talk about abba and aida...he must have a thing for broadway musicals....

...i also love that he doesnt know exactly how old she is lmao......and its the 20th ..i wonder if he kicked her ass...

That transcript is an alteration of his famous speech in Glengarry, Glen Ross. In that speech he had said "ABC, Always Be Closing". And it takes brass balls to answer his call because it means you're ready to buy the property.

I think Baldwin will now forever be famous for those two speeches; his sales speech in Glen Garry, and his chastisement speech to his daughter.