Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The craziest shyt happend to me in Vegas..

sancib

O.k. everyone, this is a life and death experience, not about clubbing. In case you dont really want to read on. Me and My friend were at the Spa at TI this SAt. we're chillin by the jacuzzi, which is in the room at the end of a hall, by ourselves so we thought..And all of a sudden this chic takes a mean fall out of one of the bathtub rooms and hit her head hard on the marble floor. When we looked over we noticed that she was having a massive tonic/clonic seizure!!! (Seeing as we were the only peeps there, as well as medical professionals) I ran over to her to help and my friend starts yelling down the hall for help. F**kin no one came!!! So she ran up to the front desk and tells the attendant to call someone now cause she needed a hospital, after the attendant askes if she was joking (are you freakin kiddin me whit dat!) She calls someone, when my friend gets back I am starting to roll the chic on her back as her seizure is stopping because girlfriend was turning purple from not breathing, and yell for a face shield or bag/mask ventillator, cause I was 2sec away from giving her CPR, the spa did NOT have one. just as i was asking for a ziplock bag anything to form a barrier between me and her she starts to breath, WHEW! Finally the security guards get there, 5mins later, and apparently they carry the CPR gear. Eventually paramedics get there and take her to the hospital. I sure hope that she is o.k. But OMFG! what if we hadnt been there I dont know how long she would have been lying there blue and naked before someone had found her. it's scary how no one wanted to come near or help in any way. BOOOO on that shyt. that could be any one of us, or a loved one. I am so glad we were there.

wow, sanci... that's some scary shit. it is amazing how people just don't care and would rather stand back and not get involved. kudos to you for helping out!!! and it is a lucky thing that you are in the medical field.

i was on the subway once when a guy just dropped to the floor and started having a massive seizure. someone got the conductor when we came to the next stop, and he got another transit worker, and they just stared at the guy and said, "you think he's ok?"

"yeah, he's probably ok,"

back and forth, while the guy flailed about. finally they ordered everyone off the train, and the passengers just bitched about how they were going to be late. the guy did eventually get taken to the hospital, but it was so disappointing to see how people really didn't care.

OMG! sanci that is absolutely insane! good thing you are a good person, and just happened to be there, as a health professional, that girl had an angel watching over her. that was a great thing that you did.

lalate - are u serious?

yeah i am. i was very upset about it.

under what circumstances, if you don't mind my asking?

sadly, I dont know. I was out of town as you know, and on my birthday hit up a new venue opening. Ended up making friends with several staff, including her, on a great level... basically patronized the place many times and then one night showed up and my other bartender told me what had happened in the last 24 hours. Bsically, i dont know anything - where it happened, what city. It had nothing to do with nightlife.

awful :( .... I was just out of town and this girl I met, her brother was murdered the next day :( really tragic.

Stuff like that just sends a chill down your back, it makes you ever present that you never know when your time will come.. I am very sad for both people, it sucks to be alone and no one to help you when your in trouble.

On another note though, I am under the impression that Vegas' "Good Samaritian" Law is quite clear, it is there to protect those that try to help from beind sued, and there to protect the victim when people who can dont help. I've always said bad CPR is better than No CPR. After only 5mins of no oxygen to the brain you have irreprutable damage.

• 2 weeks later...
Stuff like that just sends a chill down your back, it makes you ever present that you never know when your time will come.. I am very sad for both people, it sucks to be alone and no one to help you when your in trouble. .

Agreed. It's a horrible fear in travelling ... especially if you go to quiet distant spots around the globe.

man im sorry to hear about that....its true, u never know what is going to happen at any moment.

thanks. ... the worse was a couple of years back a friend of mine got murdered for his chain outside a bar/nightclub in a bad part of town. (At the time, I made a post about it). He left a fiancee, kid. Really horrible.

thanks. ... the worse was a couple of years back a friend of mine got murdered for his chain outside a bar/nightclub in a bad part of town. (At the time, I made a post about it). He left a fiancee, kid. Really horrible.
back when i lived in new york, i had a co-worker who got shot 6 times, mostly in the head, for his jacket, while hanging out w/ his girlfriend (also a co-worker) in central park, at night. it was a super-stupid move to hang out in central park at night, but what was even dumber was that he refused to give up his jacket to men with guns. his girlfriend was destroyed and angry at both the killers and her boyfriend.

back when i lived in new york, i had a co-worker who got shot 6 times, mostly in the head, for his jacket, while hanging out w/ his girlfriend (also a co-worker) in central park, at night. it was a super-stupid move to hang out in central park at night, but what was even dumber was that he refused to give up his jacket to men with guns. his girlfriend was destroyed and angry at both the killers and her boyfriend.

Awful. Where in the park?