Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clemens returning to the Yanks!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fact that you still to this day bring up money and salaries likes its a factor with the two teams that we root for

magellanmax has NOT left the building

actually i was stating that the yankees fans' quote of the year is "whatever, its only money"

i still dont get what you dont understand :confused:

perhaps you should have quoted the entire statement instead of taking it out of context

whatever ,its just money... means nothing except to teams that claim not to have any or refuse to spend it

and your team aint one of those teams

wouldnt that suck if clemens can only pitch about 6-7 innings max which would weaken your bullpen for your other games when you throw some schlep on the hill

6 or 7 is better then the 4 or 5 the Yanks starters were giving in the beginning of the season.

As for the Money, it was obviously something that had to be done, I am sure Boston and Houston threw in some big numbers, and I doubt Steinbrenner was going to let this fish go... Not with the way the season has started.

If the Yanks rotation was Healthy, and not taxing the relievers daily, I don't think they would have put up such a big number for Clemens.

And to top everything off, Clemens will pay for himself basically, it is just going to boost ticket sales on non sell out nights, and also boost Jersey, and other Yankee item sales. And, if he does happen to help get us to the play offs, well then those sales as well.

Yeah it was a big price to pay, and time will tell if it was all worth it, but I still have confidence in Clemens, much more so than Johnson. I think Clemens at his age realizes the full seasons are done, and he is marketing himself the best way he can. Play hard to get, wait till a team is in need, and make more money then he would have if he left himself open.

Alot of sports broadcasters, announcers, and writers make some good points. In the NL, you tend to pitch around the middle of the line up to get to the bottom of the line up. Which makes sense that pitching around certain batters to get to others will drive your pitch count up, so hopefully pitching to the batters in the American league would help keep the pitch count lower and he can last an inning or 2 more.

And to go completely off subject... THE YANKS WERE ROBBED LAST NIGHT!!! And no, that is not a Yankee fan being bitter about a "Close call" the fucker was out by 2 feet, and it was clear as day on any of the replays, I dont know what the fucking Ump was looking at.

And to top everything off, Clemens will pay for himself basically, it is just going to boost ticket sales on non sell out nights, and also boost Jersey, and other Yankee item sales. And, if he does happen to help get us to the play offs, well then those sales as well.

boost ticket sales? are you fucking kidding me??? it's the NY Yankees and they already sell over 4mm in tickets a year if i'm not mistaken. "pay for himself" :laugh:

if he were going back to the Astros you could make that argument but not with the Yankees or the Red Sox for that matter. Do you Yankee fans just make up this bullshit in order to justify this move?

"Listening to the call by Susan Waldman sounded like she had the biggest orgasam in the history of the female species. Stick a giant maxi-pad in her mouth."

"susan waldman is about to have a seizure on air, i think!"

Someone please find the audio clip :laugh:

boost ticket sales? are you fucking kidding me??? it's the NY Yankees and they already sell over 4mm in tickets a year if i'm not mistaken. "pay for himself" :laugh:

if he were going back to the Astros you could make that argument but not with the Yankees or the Red Sox for that matter. Do you Yankee fans just make up this bullshit in order to justify this move?

No need to comment back and forth with you much. Your the typical asshole that just feels that stiring up shit on a forum makes your dick hard.

Read my entire post, not just the part that you feel needs to be picked. I am not justifying the move there, actually the need for another starter is enough justification. And the fact that Steinbrenner isn't going to allow Boston to get him.

It will take alot more then Clemens filling a void to turn the season around. And it begins after the Starters, and it begins with Torre letting a good pitcher give up more than just a hit or a walk in the 5th or 6th before pulling them and going to the pen. Let the starters win or lose, dont let the starters give you a lead, and let the pen lose.

The Yanks will come around just like Boston will make there typical mid/end of year slide. I am still not all that worried, and as much as I like seeing Clemens back in pinstripes, I know he is not the next coming.

As far as it bringing more money, it's a given, whether it is ticket sales on non sold out games, memoribilia, etc... Another big name always brings a club more money, and the way the media is hyping Clemens return, just makes it that much more so.

I would never make the Money issue with the Sox, not for seats anyway, Boston has about 15,000-18,000 less seats than New York and sells out about every single game. Yanks do not sell out every single game. Yes, they already make tons of money on ticket sales. But Steinbrenner is a Business man, a very successful one, and he knows how to make money, I don't think he would make the move unless he thought it would help him get back to the play offs, because once again, look how much money is made on play off games alone.

I'ts still early in the season,and the Sox are hot right now and the Yanks suck right now. I'm not starting the ball busting about how the Yanks suck at this point in the season. We all know there is plenty of baseball left.

Just say hypothetically,the Yanks don't turn it around and they win 80-85 games. Does Clemens become a scapegoat,for the money he is making and not turning things around? Or does the blame fall on Cashman,Torre and the injuries?

actually i was stating that the yankees fans' quote of the year is "whatever, its only money"

i still dont get what you dont understand :confused:

when will you fucking die, when is that the world will no longer ever have to read whatever fucking bullshit you think is worth spewing. Nothing that comes from your mouth is ever worth anything. You think you add something of value but all you do is take away, you take away air from other people who need it to breath. Your life is worthless and you shouldnt take away that breath of air from people your a fucking piece of shit. You use that air to just lie and lie. All you do is lie, and lie some more and will lie after you read this post. You fucking are a worthless human being that flew to another coast and pretended that everything you were was forgotten, but it wasnt. Why dont you ever come back to NYC to visit!? I know why, because you know you cant afford to live here, you poor worthless piece of shit ass to mouth loving homo. The real reason you dont come to visit is because you know as well as i do that you will get your fucking card pulled. Fucking die already you worthless human being ... fucking die.

when will you fucking die, when is that the world will no longer ever have to read whatever fucking bullshit you think is worth spewing. Nothing that comes from your mouth is ever worth anything. You think you add something of value but all you do is take away, you take away air from other people who need it to breath. Your life is worthless and you shouldnt take away that breath of air from people your a fucking piece of shit. You use that air to just lie and lie. All you do is lie, and lie some more and will lie after you read this post. You fucking are a worthless human being that flew to another coast and pretended that everything you were was forgotten, but it wasnt. Why dont you ever come back to NYC to visit!? I know why, because you know you cant afford to live here, you poor worthless piece of shit ass to mouth loving homo. The real reason you dont come to visit is because you know as well as i do that you will get your fucking card pulled. Fucking die already you worthless human being ... fucking die.

:bowdown: :bowdown: x 1,000,000

did this fool really go around to all my posts and copy and paste this reply?