Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Electric Daisy Carnival// 06-30-07

they've also had some of the biggest disasters. i'll never forget the nocturnal in 100-degree weather where the kids died and everyone was trapped for hours (our group bus was delayed 4 hours 'cause people couldn't get out) on the one-lane road to and from the party.

and monster massive is always a mess, both literally and figuratively. bathrooms that are unusable after the first hour of the party... i'll never forget when i went as flavor flav and security made me throw out my clock at the gate because "it was dangerous; could hurt someone while was dancing." insomniac's events have the nastiest security around, and the vip is a ripoff; my friends paid for vip and all it was was free cheap vodka drinks that they weren't allowed to bring into any other areas of the party. i couldn't hang out w/ my friends 'cause we had to stay in our little pens. and the vodka they served in the non-vip was better than the vip vodka! ridiculous :rolleyes: ! i don't go to any insomniac events anymore, no matter what the lineup.

• 3 weeks later...
they've also had some of the biggest disasters. i'll never forget the nocturnal in 100-degree weather where the kids died and everyone was trapped for hours (our group bus was delayed 4 hours 'cause people couldn't get out) on the one-lane road to and from the party.

and monster massive is always a mess, both literally and figuratively. bathrooms that are unusable after the first hour of the party... i'll never forget when i went as flavor flav and security made me throw out my clock at the gate because "it was dangerous; could hurt someone while was dancing." insomniac's events have the nastiest security around, and the vip is a ripoff; my friends paid for vip and all it was was free cheap vodka drinks that they weren't allowed to bring into any other areas of the party. i couldn't hang out w/ my friends 'cause we had to stay in our little pens. and the vodka they served in the non-vip was better than the vip vodka! ridiculous :rolleyes: ! i don't go to any insomniac events anymore, no matter what the lineup.

Good Grief Charlie Brown!!! That sounds soo horrible :( I was actually looking at the line up, it's Fantastic! Cause girl you know I love me some Sandra Collins! But Ferry is also playing that night, and when faced with the decision of all ages v. 21+, 21+ wins everytime. So I will be at Vangard that night rockin out... doo doo dudu do doru do :biggrin::beer:

they do have both members of deep dish together, which is a rarity these days, but i'm hoping that they'll be at giant village this summer. i'll be at that party, and sanci's going too, right :D ?

they won't be at Giant Village. Giant Village is Armin Van Buuren + friends. a bit smaller than last year - 4000 people occupancy i think.

they won't be at Giant Village. Giant Village is Armin Van Buuren + friends. a bit smaller than last year - 4000 people occupancy i think.
boo :mad: !!! i've been revisiting the website over and over and it keeps saying "armin & friends." who the hell is that supposed to mean, anyway? i hate armin; he has this amazing way of pushing me off the dancefloor :puke: . i'd only be going for the other djs.

so, who are these so-called friends?

boo :mad: !!! i've been revisiting the website over and over and it keeps saying "armin & friends." who the hell is that supposed to mean, anyway? i hate armin; he has this amazing way of pushing me off the dancefloor :puke: . i'd only be going for the other djs.

so, who are these so-called friends?

Sounds like they are scrambling this year... cause "village" events are suppose to be BIG but lets face it, this years NYE event sure was on a smaller scale than anticipated. Maybe the "mega blocks" are too costly and too much hassle for the return. But I do think it is strange that we are less than 2mo.'s away and there isnt a big line up and mad advertising going on. I would think to pull off something as big as last years summer village, it should be more put together by now... Kinda makes me nervous, if ya know what I mean, sounds a little too much like the year that NYE got cancelled, and I had a feeling about that year too ( I did not purchase one that year, and you know how I like to have things done/planned out early) oh well, we'll see...

Sounds like they are scrambling this year... cause "village" events are suppose to be BIG but lets face it, this years NYE event sure was on a smaller scale than anticipated. Maybe the "mega blocks" are too costly and too much hassle for the return. But I do think it is strange that we are less than 2mo.'s away and there isnt a big line up and mad advertising going on. I would think to pull off something as big as last years summer village, it should be more put together by now... Kinda makes me nervous, if ya know what I mean, sounds a little too much like the year that NYE got cancelled, and I had a feeling about that year too ( I did not purchase one that year, and you know how I like to have things done/planned out early) oh well, we'll see...

i would totally disagree that the past NYE was smaller....they had 10,000+ people there. any party with S&D, Sander, Armin, Ferry and Cedric would be considered one of the best 1 night linups around ever.

this year, a lot of the big DJs they wanted to book for the summer Giant Village were already taken for other gigs or had scheduling issues (Tiesto - already playing for Giant in August at the Sports Area,a Daft Punk (was already planning their own tour), Deep Dish (booked for EDC - can't play Giant Village the next month for exclusivity reasons), etc.).

• 3 weeks later...
i would totally disagree that the past NYE was smaller....they had 10,000+ people there. any party with S&D, Sander, Armin, Ferry and Cedric would be considered one of the best 1 night linups around ever..

Ahhh, cool1, I think that you misunderstood me. I mean smaller as in space.. I felt like there was less space this year, I agree that the lineup was great. I love the Hope/Wilshire spot. It always felt like a trance amusement park. And I am sure that it costs alot of money to close down streets and get permits and the such.. My statement was in no way a knock, just an observation. I have been going to "Giant" events for a very long long time, you dont have to defend/explain, to me. I will always show up to Giant events, no matter what issues have come up, they are they most consistent providers of quality entertainment by far.:nono:

Ahhh, cool1, I think that you misunderstood me. I mean smaller as in space.. I felt like there was less space this year, I agree that the lineup was great. I love the Hope/Wilshire spot. It always felt like a trance amusement park. And I am sure that it costs alot of money to close down streets and get permits and the such.. My statement was in no way a knock, just an observation. I have been going to "Giant" events for a very long long time, you dont have to defend/explain, to me. I will always show up to Giant events, no matter what issues have come up, they are they most consistent providers of quality entertainment by far.:nono:

gotcha. yeah - i can see what you are getting at....

kineticFIELD

ABOVE & BEYOND - 2:30AM - 4:00AM

HERNAN CATTANEO - 1:00AM - 2:30 AM

DEEP DISH - 11:00PM - 1:00AM

PAUL OAKENFOLD - 9:00PM - 11:00PM

SANDRA COLLINS & VELLO VIRKHAUS - 7:30PM - 9:00PM

JOAQUIN BAMACA - 6:00PM - 7:30PM

JUSTIN GOURLEY & JOHN DO - 3:30PM - 6:00PM

circuitGROUNDS

CEDRIC GERVAIS - 2:00AM - 4:00AM

INFECTED MUSHROOM - 12:15AM - 1:45AM

JOHN 00 FLEMING - 10:00PM -12:00AM