Clubplanet Nightlife Community

being sick sucks!!! [and so do skeptical co-workers]

weyes

i hardly ever get sick, so, when i do, my body likes to go all out. this morning i blew some thick brown stuff outta my nose, and this evening i swear i coughed up something almost solid. i've gone through enough tissues to make my nose raw, and my head is so heavy i feel like a bobblehead. and i don't know why, no matter how much i drink, i don't seem to pee much...

but enough of the gross stuff :aright: .

what bugs me besides being sick is that my co-workers don't believe i really am. a lot of my co-workers do play sick, but i'm not one of them. perhaps they like to blame me 'cause it eases their consciences... it's shitty, though, to feel sick and feel doubted on top of it.

is this just my work, or something widespread?

its just you :)

actually i've been sick with a cold/flu for 2 1/2 weeks now and its driving me crazy!

bummer for both :( . where do you work?

have you been to the doctor? mine wouldn't see me (too busy :rolleyes: ) but prescribed antibiotics anyway... i am feeling a bit better today; i've hacked up a lot of interesting stuff :aright: , and every time i do i feel a bit of relief. i'm not very good at getting phlegm out, though; i never have been, so it hurts my throat a lot when i try.

i run my 2 companies from home so no dumb employees to deal with :)

i did cave in and see a doctor too. they gave me antibiotics which took care of my sore throat but the cough/runny nose remains. grrrr. might take another trip to my regular doc to get this sorted out.

Yes, there seems to be an epidemic of the "mutated cold" out there. Most of my co-workers have had it. It starts with a sore throat then cogestion, and you feel like super shyt. Sometimes the cough continues and turns into bronchitis, or you end up with a sinus infection. I got better and then got the sore throat and mild cough again 3 weeks later, cause I live in the Merry go Round of cooties :P But Weyes, you sound like your dehydrated. Drink at least one liter of fluid a day, sleep with a cool mist humidifier, and remember the sudafed shower soothers :) Wouldnt be a bad idea to hit the "airborne" up daily as well. Lastly, rest, rest, rest. Take Care.

Yes, there seems to be an epidemic of the "mutated cold" out there. Most of my co-workers have had it. It starts with a sore throat then cogestion, and you feel like super shyt. Sometimes the cough continues and turns into bronchitis, or you end up with a sinus infection. I got better and then got the sore throat and mild cough again 3 weeks later, cause I live in the Merry go Round of cooties :P But Weyes, you sound like your dehydrated. Drink at least one liter of fluid a day, sleep with a cool mist humidifier, and remember the sudafed shower soothers :) Wouldnt be a bad idea to hit the "airborne" up daily as well. Lastly, rest, rest, rest. Take Care.
thanks, sanci :heart: . i can't seem to shake this thing :confused: . i've got a lot to do tomorrow, too, as far as getting my place presentable to show to prospective roommates (luckily, i always have fridays off as it is). i've got no more time left to waste, so i've just gotta get as much sleep as i can tonight and keep drinking my o.j. and green tea!

Doing well, Dub, very well. Was in NYC last weekend. Spending more and more time in Manhattan it seems :D. How's things in LA LA land?
haven't been going out much lately; my fave djs seem to be keeping shut in, and so have i! if the scumfrog would just come out to l.a. again... trance really does seem to have totally taken over, and i'm relating to it less and less. i'm still gonna go to giant village this summer, though, 'cause last year and new year's were both a lot of fun.

i'm looking for a new roommate, and i'm hoping for a girl this time; boys are bad news for me to live with! hopefully she'll like clubbing.

so, you've been spinning in manhattan? where?

haven't been going out much lately; my fave djs seem to be keeping shut in, and so have i! if the scumfrog would just come out to l.a. again... trance really does seem to have totally taken over, and i'm relating to it less and less. i'm still gonna go to giant village this summer, though, 'cause last year and new year's were both a lot of fun.

i'm looking for a new roommate, and i'm hoping for a girl this time; boys are bad news for me to live with! hopefully she'll like clubbing.

ill be ur roomate! haha. well honestly i want to get out of here and move to la myself! :( well i guess i gotta wait until at least when my lease is up in january.

Wow, trance taking over heh! That's cool, but I'm with you on the relating part. I'm still digging deeper into the darker sound but haven't had a chance to play anywhere other than radio stations. Just way too busy to go out and promote myself. Hence the reason why I'm always in Manhattan, got some good contacts at Pacha though, but feel uncomfortable in approaching them for a warm up since my visits are for business only outside the clubbing capacity.

hope you have some luck finding a new "roomie". Guys can be wicked pains in the arse! I still h8 picking up my dirty undies :D

Get better soon

Wow, trance taking over heh! That's cool, but I'm with you on the relating part. I'm still digging deeper into the darker sound but haven't had a chance to play anywhere other than radio stations. Just way too busy to go out and promote myself. Hence the reason why I'm always in Manhattan, got some good contacts at Pacha though, but feel uncomfortable in approaching them for a warm up since my visits are for business only outside the clubbing capacity.

hope you have some luck finding a new "roomie". Guys can be wicked pains in the arse! I still h8 picking up my dirty undies :D

Get better soon

how u liking new york? u should def talk to some peeps on here esp on the new york board about djing out here