Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cielo/deep space last night

gotta say it was pretty cool. i have the unfortunate luck to have my days off being monday nights and tuesday nights, and i've been lookin for good spots on those days. cielo was recommended but i didn't ever go until yesterday. gotta say i was quite impressed. its a small intimate place, great decor and lighting. no real attitude from people. pretty sweet. good beats so that was cool too. i reallly liked the little outdoor area they had too. i couldnt tell if francois k. was the white guy or the black guy behind the booth lol. no matter. good times. unfortunately i had to leave early but ill definitely be stoppin by a couple times a month on mondays. pregame at the gansevoort was sweet too and within walking distance. my mondays wont be the same =)

i couldnt tell if francois k. was the white guy or the black guy behind the booth.
Neither. He wasn't there last night. The white guy was Dub Gabriel and the black guy Kode 9.

While Dub Gabriel played almost exclusively dub and reggae and emulated the FK-ian technique of switching style and tempo abruptly and covering a broad range of genres, his overall sound is markedly different from that of FK. Last night was not your typical Deep Space (with FK). FK usually plays the gamut of electronic styles including some Hip-Hop and Rock (usually dubs thereof).

(But if you liked last night you will probably like an FK night)

P.S.

FK looks like this (albeit not the best picture): http://bbs.clubplanet.com/new-york/316930-deep-space-appreciation-thread-2.html#post3086588

Neither. He wasn't there last night. The white guy was Dub Gabriel and the black guy Kode 9.

While Dub Gabriel played almost exclusively dub and reggae and emulated the FK-ian technique of switching style and tempo abruptly and covering a broad range of genres, his overall sound is markedly different from that of FK. Last night was not your typical Deep Space (with FK). FK usually plays the gamut of electronic styles including some Hip-Hop and Rock (usually dubs thereof).

(But if you liked last night you will probably like an FK night)

P.S.

FK looks like this (albeit not the best picture): http://bbs.clubplanet.com/new-york/316930-deep-space-appreciation-thread-2.html#post3086588

nerd alert! jk haha :bowdown: