Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How come PVD doesn't have a GU release ?

Jus wondering cause he is one of the top DJ's that doesn't have a GU release...is there a story to this ?

Jus a lil bored and curious.

------------------

"Let me take you on a trip. Just a simple journey, a journey full of sounds and beats. One that will lead you down...way down in the underground. Now let me see you work."

He has sworn up and down in numerous publications that he would not do any mixed comps. He believes that they would not live up to his playing live and would cheat his fans out of that experience.

You got to hand it to the guy for not selling out and he is drug free too. He is one Dj who truly loves his fans.

He could get some serious change for a mix...

parish

yeah the 60 minute mix. I have it...it is has unbeliveable power ! Gawd I love Trance smile.gif (Don't u dare flame me)

That's why I love DT and PVD so much...they truly love their fans...u can see it in the way that they spin their sets and the way that the crowd responds. Go to Twilo or Vinyl on a PVD or DT nite and check out the ending set...ppl are screaming for encores !!!

------------------

"Let me take you on a trip. Just a simple journey, a journey full of sounds and beats. One that will lead you down...way down in the underground. Now let me see you work."

Originally posted by Keebler:

I have not heard him live, so I can't give an opinion on his skills. From what people on this board it sounds like he is pretty sick. But, if you ask the people on the Global Underground messageboard <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.cluboxed.uk.co/" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://www.cluboxed.uk.co/</A> they'll say he doesn't have a cd because he isn't good enough to be a GU DJ.

What !!!!! Paul Van Dyk not good enough ????? You gotta be kidding me. I won't even bother to reply to that.

------------------

Originally posted by trancenergy:

What !!!!! Paul Van Dyk not good enough ????? You gotta be kidding me. I won't even bother to reply to that.

Read what the post says I didn't say it the people on the other board say it. I want to hear him spin pretty badly but I can't because S&D and Cox are the two weeks gefore him. Three weeks in a row is a little too much.

You should check out the GU site you'll get a much better answer. They know A LOT over there.

Also, no to be a dick, but you did reply to that comment wink.gif

Im sure he has been asked in the past. I just don't think the sound he plays nowadays is GU material.

He does just fine without them and vice versa.

No more For an Angel and Binary Finary! I've had it up to here with those... At one time, I used to love those tunes.

Originally posted by Keebler:

Read what the post says I didn't say it the people on the other board say it. I want to hear him spin pretty badly but I can't because S&D and Cox are the two weeks gefore him. Three weeks in a row is a little too much.

You should check out the GU site you'll get a much better answer. They know A LOT over there.

Also, no to be a dick, but you did reply to that comment wink.gif

Don't get me wrong I was not screaming at you. I was just shocked that anyone could say that PVD was not good nuff for GU. I can understand that his music is different but to say that he is not a good DJ...that's too much. Personally I love Trance (just as much as I like NYC House) and PVD can rip it up like no other DJ that I have ever heard.

I would love to hear him come out with a GU CD. He probably won't but who knows...btw. I think he is trying to evolve with his music cause last time at Twilo he played a few breakbeat and techno songs.

PS. NoLimit What are u talking bout bro, "Binary Finary" and "For an Angel" are classic anthems. I don't listen to them much anymore but I would love it if he played them live cause everyone knows the songs and everyone would react to it. I don't know bout u but he hasn't played Binary Finary in any of the set I went to hear, though he did play Angel to end his final encore last time at Twilo.

------------------

It's PVD's signature to end his set with one of the oldies but the goodies like "For an Angel" or BT. That's been his signature for a while now . . . and when you see him live . . . nobody in the crowd is complaining. So it's works fine, better than fine actually!

As for him not doing a GU release . . . Nolimit said it best . . . he does better than fine without them and them vice versa. The only reason why they would say that about him is because they know they'll do GREAT with him but since he doesn't need them they HAVE to trash him in order to salvage what ever pride they have left. That's the only reason why they would say something like that. The bottom line is people (the listeners) really know that PVD has skill and talent. GO PVD!!! biggrin.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"Rehab is for quitters!"

I used to like PVD, binary finary, when it came out, but he is still riding that old melodic trance wave that is soo not in anymore. He just isnt in the same league as DT, diggers, Sasha, etc. They change with the times and are always cutting edge and stay in the underground. He pretty much plays the same commercial trancey stuff. Thats cool, but not what the cutting edge global underground cd's are about.

-Adam

------------------

-

i've had this discussion with mad people and i dunno how everyone thinks that him playing for and angle, avenue binfin etc is cool. i bet if you recorded his entire sets for like the last year at twilo, more than 50% of the tracks are the same, prolly a higher percentage. enough already, bust some new shit out. a premier dj like that can get tracks that wont be released for months, if ever, from all over the place, germany england, us. he's an anthem queen just like acosta...

------------------

deez nuts

Im going to have to side with pooh on this one. I've checked out PvD all over the place. In england, Ibiza, Miami, and NYC. The sets all sounded the same. He always played Avenue, Binary Finary, For an Angel etc.

You don't hear Sasha droppin Xpander do ya? U don't hear Diggers play Heaven Scent do u? Keep it cutting edge!

Mad respect to him and what he has done to the scene. He's a great person and has given me plenty of good times. It's the next djs turn under the spotlight.

So I got it wrong yesterday - the PVD mix CD I have is from Muzik magazine and the tracklist is as follows. I'd offer to make tapes of it but my tape player is f'ed. CD burner anyone?

1. Starecase - First Floor Deadlock

2. X-Trax - plan 94

3. Des Mitchell - Welcome to the dance

4. Nylon - If you love me

5. Mauro Picotto - iguana

6. Jose Amnesia - the eternal

7. PVD - Avenue

8. Victoria Newton - Martha's harbour

9. the thrillseekers - synaesthesia

10. Ernst & Ben - outpost

11. Planet Perfecto - Bullet in the gun

so now you know. I know I'm sad for putting this up but I got well and truly messed up last night so I can't do any work. still grinding my teeth....