Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New York vs. Miami

Originally posted by newsense:

The UK blows them both away

But NYC ,of course, over Miami

The UK might have the best scene. But, my question is...why can't europeans dance? No offense to any europeans on the board smile.gif They lead the world in almost every aspect of house music but they just can't grasp the dancing thing. Very weird.

confused.gif

in my humble born and bred new yorker opinion, nyc wins hands down!! i looooove sobe, but the only thing that they have that we need is the palm trees and warm weather all year round. can you imagine if nyc didn't have winter? this place would be even more sick than it is!

------------------

icon9.giflove.gificon7.gif

NYC way over Miami. All of those door men who try to pull a studio 54 lame act on your ass. That is the worst. No girls with you no go to club. BULL...

Loved Showdow Lounge - David Padilla was spinning - he is the KING of Miami by far. Did you know he has an after hours spot there - called The Mix! Music is soooo of the hook. There are alway 10-15 raver kids there praying to him on the knees all the way through the set!!! The most amazing thing that I seen.

Crobar wasn't bad. O'Bar was good also - and you got to go to the Bed that place is so laid back and a total chill out...

but NYC is my personal favorite. Over anything anywhere - be that Amsterdam, London, Miami, Chicago (I still have to hit Moscow and West coast)... Just vibe is so much better.

Originally posted by Nolimit:

Alright.. My turn. Forget NYC, forget the UK, forget Ibiza. Miami is the shit when its WMC week in March. Nothing else compares, nuff said.

As for Acosta. Watch your mouth. That's disrespectful in here! Acosta blows!!!!!!!

acosta plays bitch ass candytrance anyhems all nite...

------------------

deez nuts

Ok, to all your Acosta haters out there - well he does play bitch trance anthems all night long - but they are the shit to roll under... No better roll then to a progressive-vocal-trance. Thats my opinion. If you want - go to the Mix for the after hours pop an e and watch your head fly away. Padilla is amzing! As good as PVD but different style. Loved it there but NYC got the grit and an attitude.

------------------

mozgi_*_**_**_

Dance f*ck dance

Let me start by saying that Miami is awesome. The clubs, girls, etc.. I know I'm always giving mad props to Twilo and Vinyl and this is why- show up there in jeans? No problem, come on in. There with 12 guys? No prob. Sneakers? No prob. No assholes working the line who want to prove that they have some power over you by not letting you in. Who inside the club is going to give a fuck that I'm wearing sneakers? NO ONE!! Do you ever see a fight in these places? Unbelievably rarely. Bottom line- NYC all the fuckin way! PEACE!!!!!!!!

mozgi,

Unfortunately the mix closed down last week. They couldn't compete with the new club Space. So that's the 2nd club to close this summer. I'm going to really miss groove jet. I don't feel the same way for the mix. It was full of crackheads!