Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sopranos Finale

so a few hours ago you were undecided on where you stood with the ending but now I am a neanderthal for having my opinion...guess after reading all these critic's reviews you've had enough time to steal other people's thoughts as well. way to soak it all up :aright:

its not surprising that it all went completely over your head and you hated it....

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Misk accusing Belladonna of plagiarism or am I missing something here? Sounds to me like she is saying Bella can not come up with her own thoughts or opinions....

...just making an observation......

...everyone who is saying "u dont get it" or other deep shit shouldnt assume that just cause someone doesnt like the ending .......i got it.....i get all of it......just not sure im completely happy with it......like i said my pet peeve is it didnt END....u can leave something open ended yet still END the fucking show......that doesnt sound like it makes sense lol.....but i think u guys know what i mean.......

...regardless of the reasons behind the ending episode..they should know their entire audience is not deep thinking film/movie drama buffs who appreciate such ideas........do u play to the critics or your general audience........its my belief u cater to the viewers and let the critics eat shit....

its not surprising that it all went completely over your head and you hated it....

yeah man I am very simple minded and had no clue what was going on...thank god for all of these message boards to help me understand what really went down...i am not on your level obviously when it comes to knowing good tv :aright:

Ugh, enough is enough.. go back to watching your Ultimate Fighting or better yet, go rewatch your Uwe Boll collection and then proceed to proclaim how he is one of Hollywood's masterful directors

:blown:

Uwe Boll? Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? You bragged to me that you got tickets to the Bloodrayne premiere in the city! Also, you took off work to watch the first afternoon showing of Ultraviolet.

And you're right - MMA is more of a "white trash" sport than baseball. :blown:

....someone posted this bulletin on myspace

This explains it all...

He was killed.

in fact, the ending was genius if you've paid attention to the show or are just a fan of well developed well thought out plots that all tie together and have the memory of a champ to remember it all the ending was simple, he got killed, but let me tell yall why and explain in detail... There was 3 people in the room total who had a reason to kill tony.....

the two black guys, they were paid before to kill tony but he was onlyshot in the ear, this was in one of the earlier seasons, also in the earlier seasons, the trucker who was sitting at the bar

stool, who the camera kept focusing in on, is Nikki leotardo, Phil

Leotardos nephew, he was in one of the early season episodes where Phil and Tony have a sit down....

heres where the genius comes in....

When tonys walking in the diner,you see the camera focus on him, then it switches to his perspective, and you see him looking @ the booth hes gonna sit at...

then the camera switches back to tonys face, then it once again

switches to his perspective, and it shows him looking @ the door and looking @ the people come in..... Everytime the door opens the Chimes sound....... Carmela walks in, Chimes, AJ walks in Chimes, this when Meadows parallel parking, still trying to get inside the restaurant....

at this point the camera switches back to the trucker who goes in the bathroom......

Then it goes to a scene where meadow finally parks and starts running in the diner....

the doors about to open, Tony looks up....

and No Chimes......................

No Music............

Everything just goes black...............

In one of the early episodes of the sopranos, tonys talking with bobby about what it must feel like to die..

Bobby says "at the end, you probably dont hear anything, everything just goes black"

part of that was revisited in the second to last episode during the

last seconds of it, when tonys about to go to sleep and he flashes back to the memory of him and bobby on the boat... "You probably dont hear anything everything just goes black"

so in the end, the Journey song was playing, the chimes on the door sounded but when meadow came in, the guy in the trucker hat came out and killed tony...

its the reason you aint hear, or see shit when he died.... it was from his perspective.... and everything went black, then the credits rolled.

Misk, I got nothing but love for you...I was not mocking you in any way...it was more of a response to jon's previous post about it being way too deep for me to understand...after reading tons of posts by members of diffent boards along with all of the smart critics who wrote columns and now this myspace bulletin I have come to the conclusion that he was right. What I witnessed last night was actually pure genius and it took me until now to realize that at first, even if I may think something is complete garbage, if enough people tell me other wise I can be easily convinced that they are right and totally disregard my original opinion. Thank God I have On Demand this way I can watch this master piece over and over again this week.

....ha relax crazy!.......why do u think i said subconcious......u basically wrote exactly what i just read minutes before looking at the boards.......sometimes people read things....agree and then convey them to others....i didnt accuse u of plagerism...i simply asked if it was something u realized.......

the ending was absolute genius. david chase set up the last scene with a lot of tension and could be's. was one of the men in the diner tony's killer? who knows? maybe they were just patrons or maybe they WERE hitmen. he left us with one last image of an all american family having dinner with each other, enjoying the happy parts of life. this is what the sopranos series was about from the very beginning; it was about a family who just happens to be in the mafia. i like that david chase didn't give us closure. he wants his viewers to make up their own minds about what happens to tony and his family. maybe nothing happens. maybe they leave that diner and life just goes on...or maybe the cut to black was tony's death.

what an amazing series.

pop pop got his head popped off...how great is that lol?

..here are a few examples from the review i read before yours......so clearly u can see why i would wonder if u read the same thing.....but its ok...go on telling me to go fuck myself.....ill continue to remind u when u repeat things myself or others have already said..

Not that Chase (who wrote and directed this episode) didn't tease viewers with the threat of death in almost every scene.

This was never more true than in the final sequence. On the surface, it was nothing more momentous than Tony, his wife, Carmela (Edie Falco), Meadow and A.J. meeting for dinner at a cozy family restaurant.

When he arrived, Tony dropped a coin in the jukebox and played the classic Journey power ballad "Don't Stop Believing." Meanwhile, every moment seemed to foreshadow disaster: Suspicious-looking people coming in the door or seated at a table nearby. Meadow on the street having trouble parallel parking her car, the tires squealing against the curb. With every passing second, the audience was primed for tragedy. It was a scene both warm and fuzzy yet full of dread, setting every viewer's heart racing for no clear reason.

Then you heard the car roll over his head. Carunnnchh! Quick, clinical, even comical, this was the only violence during the hour.

Then, with a jingle of the bell on the front door, Tony looked up, apparently seeing Meadow make her delayed entrance. Or could he have seen something awful -- something he certainly deserved -- about to come down?

Probably not. Almost certainly a false alarm. But we'll never know. With that, "The Sopranos" cut to black, leaving us enriched after eight years. And flustered. And fated to always wonder what happened next.

This explains it all...

He was killed.

in fact, the ending was genius if you've paid attention to the show or are just a fan of well developed well thought out plots that all tie together and have the memory of a champ to remember it all the ending was simple, he got killed, but let me tell yall why and explain in detail... There was 3 people in the room total who had a reason to kill tony.....

the two black guys, they were paid before to kill tony but he was onlyshot in the ear, this was in one of the earlier seasons, also in the earlier seasons, the trucker who was sitting at the bar

Leotardos nephew, he was in one of the early season episodes where Phil and Tony have a sit down....

When tonys walking in the diner,you see the camera focus on him, then it switches to his perspective, and you see him looking @ the booth hes gonna sit at...

switches to his perspective, and it shows him looking @ the door and looking @ the people come in..... Everytime the door opens the Chimes sound....... Carmela walks in, Chimes, AJ walks in Chimes, this when Meadows parallel parking, still trying to get inside the restaurant....

at this point the camera switches back to the trucker who goes in the bathroom......

Then it goes to a scene where meadow finally parks and starts running in the diner....

No Music............

In one of the early episodes of the sopranos, tonys talking with bobby about what it must feel like to die..

Bobby says "at the end, you probably dont hear anything, everything just goes black"

last seconds of it, when tonys about to go to sleep and he flashes back to the memory of him and bobby on the boat... "You probably dont hear anything everything just goes black"

so in the end, the Journey song was playing, the chimes on the door sounded but when meadow came in, the guy in the trucker hat came out and killed tony...

its the reason you aint hear, or see shit when he died.... it was from his perspective.... and everything went black, then the credits rolled.

that is very insightful, thanks misk :)

This explains it all...

He was killed.

No Music............

this is all one interpretation.. the ending was ambiguous.. and you could play it out however you wanted..

Misk, I got nothing but love for you...I was not mocking you in any way...it was more of a response to jon's previous post about it being way too deep for me to understand...after reading tons of posts by members of diffent boards along with all of the smart critics who wrote columns and now this myspace bulletin I have come to the conclusion that he was right. What I witnessed last night was actually pure genius and it took me until now to realize that at first, even if I may think something is complete garbage, if enough people tell me other wise I can be easily convinced that they are right and totally disregard my original opinion. Thank God I have On Demand this way I can watch this master piece over and over again this week.

:laugh:

look who got all rattled

and i stand by my original comment as its been made blatantly obvious by your actions.....but hey, not everyone can own up to not getting the ending and discrediting it, not even you

this is all one interpretation.. the ending was ambiguous.. and you could play it out however you wanted..

...thats exactly the point.......he can take it wherever he wants...and if u say wait whoa .......simple response......we never said that ...thats YOUR interpretation..