Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do your Parents know????

Originally posted by muthaload:

What your social life really involves. Do they know about the drugs? How late you really stay out ill? Im old enough to do what I want but there some stuff they are better off not knowing.

are you kidding me? the 'rents are cool...but if they really knew..... smile.gif

Being raised by a very religous christian man who also happen to be an ex-marine and a martial art master was NOT BY ANY MEANS EASY!! And being that he be a Korean man was WORSE! My father is no longer with us but his ways are still VERY much alive in my family. So, the answer would be . . . NO. Nobody in my family (i.e. mom and sisters) are aware of what I do and what type of scene I'm into. It's just better that way. No need to cause any commotion. biggrin.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"Rehab is for quitters!"

well they know i stay out all night, arent too crazy about it, but they DEFINATELY dont know about the drugs... and never will from me at least!!! they think ive tried it and that was it!!!! and its gonna stay that way. what they dont know won hurt them...

-------------------

~Music Is The Answer~ wink.gif

My family knows the scene that Im involved in and they worry..all the time. My father is pretty laid back about. He doesnt say anything about what I do...but he does tell my Mom when I stroll in the house at 1:00 PM .... lol.

My mother, well shes aware of the drugs and the schemes people play. Every night befoe I go to a club, she gives me this, safety checklist...dont talk to strangers...umm yea ok. dont take drugs....sure Mom. Watch your drink when you put it down...well that one I listen to. And theres ther. She always asks me about what happens at the clubs and is never happy when I go with just the girls. She knows there is nothing she can do though to stop me especially when the scene is my happiness. She doesnt know that I do E or my other goodies. She thinks all I do is drink till I cant stand.

------------------

~*~* Women beat their men~*~*~The men beat on their drums~*~*

nope, and nobody better tell them either or...I'm in soooooooooooooooo much trouble. I'm old enough to do whatever I want but out of respect to my parents and because I stil live w/ them I rather for them not to know about it. I try to give myself an hour to sober up be4 I leave the club so when I get home I don't look to mangeled. My parent are very young, but they are sooooooo old school and the fact that we moved to US only like 5 years ago doesn't help.

i hear that blueangel! asian parents are hardcore, but i could understand why. my asian friends are all fuct up in one way or another. smile.gif

anyway, i've put my parents through so much angst and grief when i was a kid. i used to do the whole sneaking out bid.

but then, after hearing/seeing all the shit that happens to kids in clubland, i tell them straight up where i will be.

i don't tell them about the drug use. but god forbid i OD or something, at least they will know where to go to get me. no need to have them worrying unnecessarily ahead of time.

for asian parents, my parents are mad cool. i still keep things from them (i'm still a kid), but they trust me more than enough to know that i will make good judgment calls.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

I think my father is jealous that I tell him I go out at 1am and come home at 10am.

Either that or he's like, that's my boy. Mom doesn't get it though.

He was joe-captain-quaterback-football, homecoming king, etc...and almost got kicked out of the dorms in college, so I know he partied. For the record, I didn't follow his footsteps, I became a musician.

I would love to take them to one of the clubs, I think they would totally love to see what it's all about. Watch out ladies, my old man would be out the on the floor with you redface.gif My folks have heard some of my mix-tapes and actually liked the music. The only thing is that I would feel really weird trying to get them in the door. Think Paris would let them in? rolleyes.gif

Question? Has any of you brought your folks to a club?

- Pete

------------------

------------------------

Do you want me to make it darker? - DT

Kitty, my dad's idea of a good judgement call would be to ALWAYS listen to your parents with no doubt or exception.

"Eat what your parents give you cause they would never poison you, jump if they say cause they would never let you fall, speak if they ask cause they'll always have more wisdom to teach you, don't speak when not spoken to cause they don't require your opinion in their decision, and never EVER EVER defy and hurt your parents cause history will repeat its self." That was my dad's motto. And YES I went through many growing pains . . . a lot which my parents felt, I'm sure. tongue.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"Rehab is for quitters!"

Lord, I'm one paast you on that one...

My mom actually said once "I should smoke weed"

Just the other day I was cleaning and had a bag of weed laying out, she came down, was talking to me, saw it and said what's that? I said "what?" not really caring.

So she stood there for a minute, then said "well if you roll a joint, let me know"

I was like "you serious"

she said "yeah"

I was like "ok".

Umm not sure if it will happen, but I would be curious to smoke with her (get past all that anger and see the real person inside (which I think weed does)

How's THAT one folks?

I can't even tell some of my friends about E or they'll stop talking to me. I guess I should re-evaluate some of my friendships. My parents also think that I just drink myself silly when I go out (I don't drink at all) and maybe the occasional cigarette. Oh well.

Before I came out here, I went round Europe and spent all my cash, so I went back to my parents for a few weeks.

They found some smoke in my room, and confronted me about it.. they knew nothing about drugs and start going on like weed was heroin or something... wanted to get me in rehab and stuff!!

Anyway after a while of trying to convince here weed isn't all that bad and not succeeding.. I lost it a little bit and said

"That's nothing I have taken more E's than you could fit in a suitcase, and had a $400 (well obviously pounds) a night C habit"

She flips, calls these drug lines in England. Now they ask here what I had been taking and they tell her--

"Sorry but we have people with real problems, they are just recreational drugs" -Such is the drugs problem in England.

Anyway, she then looks into everything and now is an expert. I don't regret it as it really opened everything up to my mum. But she is over in a few weeks and I know she will be checking my apartment for signs.

And I bet you any money she and my dad smoked the weed they found!!

My parents didn't know about the drugs till about a few weeks ago. They know I stay out until...????? They worry but they don't really care. The way they look at it is that I am in my Mid-20's and I can take care of myself. I agree. I did tell them that I have tried E and do it on occasions as well as the other shit I do. I explained I don't do that shit every weekend. I don't need it. Their reactions was pretty good. They were not excited or happy. Again they were concerned. After a little explaing and educting about the drugs they looked at it in a diff light. But I am sure that they don't like it.

[This message has been edited by airwave1 (edited 08-18-2000).]

Wow, Kitty that is great! What words of wisdom! I bet that is true!!

My parent's are really strict and I'm the oldest, first one to break all the rules...first one to get a tattoo...first once to come home pierced....first one to get caught drinking or smoking. So now, the know a lot more than I would rather, but now nothing shocks them anymore.

-jen

my parents know . . . they're not stupid . . . so they asked me, and i fessed up . . . i think they thought i stopped for awhile, lol . . . but the other day my daddy was making comments about me shaking and drug use . . .

and my bf thinks he's a dead give-away - we go home still fucked up some nights, and he always sits to struggle through breakfast w/ my mom and dad - he's convinced they know b/c of him. but they already knew. biggrin.gif

besides, i like to be open with them - but also, not like my mom didn't find a BIG bag of E's . . . not like they haven't found various paraphenalia either.

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

my parents are ultra cool..but i don't tell them anything. i have a feeling my mom would want me to bring her along just for the experience. she's a rad dancer herself.but that'd still be really odd..don't you think? lol...although i think it would be fun to go clubbing with my mom at least once!

don't clue them in too much though. i like to keep my social life as something that's solely mine to control and not discuss, cause i don't want to have to explain everything to them.

Good topic. Way to go ILADELPH.

I've told my parents that I experimented with drugs in college, but that was just to ease their minds as to what I am doing now. My mom saw the Dateline special on E, and told me how glad she was that I wasn't like that. That I was so responsible, and her baby. Damn I felt guilty, so there is no way I could ever tell her (at least not for 10-15 years).

My dad was a hippie, but is now conservative as hell, so that's easy: NO.

But I always wonder, they have to know something is up. I leave for NY at 10pm and don't get home till 3pm the next day. What the hell do they think I do. I'm always telling them how I shouldn't have drank so much b/c I don't feel good now. I think they buy it, but are they that unaware of things.

Parents just don't understand...

------------------

Live life every day as if it were your last!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com