Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ALL PLEASE READ; THIS SITE IS SELLING OUT!!

I had to just write to the editor or whoever wrote that ridiculous review of Tunnel on Saturday it went as follows:

To: editor@clubplanet.com

Subj: OK Mate??

Una Pregunta? What country do you come from that clubs consist of two rooms and a capacity of 800. Come on please if you are going to write about NYC clubs please go to all of then before trying to glorify that hell hole. And I don't even know why you included Zor in that snip it because he totally sucks. What happened to a shout for RUSS REIGN??? Jesus either get with program and learn about NYC nightlife and the scene prior to revealing what you found to be a mind boggling experience.

I mean seriously people If you are hardcore let it be know!! COME ON NYC!!! LET THESE GUYS AND THIS BOARD KNOW WHAT REAL CLUBBING IS!!! SHOUT IT OUT, WHAT WAS THE BEST CLUB YOU'VE BEEN TO WHAT WAS THE NIGHT?? AND WHO WAS SPINNING??

R.I.P. ARENA

Everything seems to be about selling out now a days.. Hey, if this was my site, and I was abel to make a few extra dollars by putting banners up, the banners would be going up.. Not like anyone every clicks on them anyway ( I know I never have.. That Punch the Monkey is Bullshit )..

Only complaint I have is the false info they send out on their E-Flyers.. The age info is usually wrong, and the djs are usually wrong.. I'll paste them if I still have them in my box..

Who really cares tho?? Seems your problem with cnyc goes past the report on Tunnel.. I have only seen you post a couple times, and they were both abusing cnyc & the Tunnel..

Maybe you need a new club, and a new web site?? What do you think??

------------------

No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service..

eh. too many to tell. my favourite party ever was so smalll i will be suprised if anyhere even knows about it- it was BROOKLYNITE by FSR (FUNKY SOUL REBELS) and it was at a little spanish joint in williamsburg this winter called CIMA. other than that i just dunno.

Originally posted by tranza:

Everything seems to be about selling out now a days.. Hey, if this was my site, and I was abel to make a few extra dollars by putting banners up, the banners would be going up.. Not like anyone every clicks on them anyway ( I know I never have.. That Punch the Monkey is Bullshit )..

No shit.....that monkey banner fucks with my AOL all the time.

------------------

"Dance to the beat, jump from my feet."

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Actually, I love the Tunnel. I worked there long enough along with Palladium, USa and Limelight. But come on II wasn't talking about the banners or advertsing. I just clicked on the review one of the editors wrote and come on what BS. ANd then I clicked on the Party Crashers story abotu the cop and there you go again makingit seam like tunnel was completely clean when all the kids on this board can talk about is how many dealers there were and how many drugs they took. Let's see here and if I am not mistaken the editors are GLORIFYING BS!!

What's wrong with you people. Cry me a river. CP has people writing on what they see. If you see something different why don't you e-mail CP and write your own story about Tunnel or whatever. All I ever hear is all this crying going on, but no action.

ANd then I clicked on the Party Crashers story abotu the cop and there you go again makingit seam like tunnel was completely clean when all the kids on this board can talk about is how many dealers there were and how many drugs they took.

coton, so they are coming from a different perspective. just as the media had portrayed the 11 clubs to be raided by 5-0, we also know this wasn't an accurate portrayal of what really occurred. even if there was mad drug use, do you really think cnyc would be exposing that aspect?

if cnyc glorifies the tunnel, maybe they get points from them, who knows. it doesn't really matter if cnyc sells it out or not, b/c tunnel will be doing that by themselves anyway, or any other club for that matter, really. it's all about the $$ isn't it?

sad, but we all know that's what clubbin has come down to. seeing that you are an old skool clubber, i am sure you have, first hand, seen the downfall of the scene.

no need to shit on those that are trying to keep it alive. carry on the vibe, girl! smile.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

I think that Clubplanet has done a fantastic job of bringing our nightlife scene to an electronic community. Without this site's message board where would you go to vent? Where would you go to praise? Where would you go to find out about new events? Lord knows that newspapers or magazines won't cover it as extensively.

If they are off on dj's in their listing or if they are off on age requirements for clubs it is because the promoters or nightclub has misinformed them. They list the info that is provided to them.

They all have to make a living too and unfortunately selling "punch monkey" banners falls into that!

Antonio Sardinas

Some people are so uptight about clubs selling out, DJs selling out, this selling out . . . that selling out!! Gawd, get over it!!

It's like Tranza said, they're trying to make money. Some of you must think that DJs make better music when they're starving or something. And that clubs that are ran down and falling apart are better than clubs with good sound system and lights and known DJs. Some of you must believe that any Joe can create sites like these and maintain it with no financial support what so ever. Get over it and stop your freakin' whining already. Jeesh!! rolleyes.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

- Burton Hills

Point taken by all who wrote. And if you didn't read my first posting I included the letter I wrote to the editor. But see this whole thing really is messed up. I posted this becuase I think it is really shady to angle yourself towards one club because they let you in the doors to hang a banner. You have tons of people on this board not to mention tons of people that came to tunnel that were if not saw all those fucked up kids puking and in K-hole and then CP was like . JUST THE 5-0 being jerks??? No how about NOT BEING SO DAMN BLATANT WITH THE DRUG USE KIDDIES. LOL HELLO, so when I read how they were like oooh Tunnel was left alone no arrests I was laughing my ass off, Obviously they didn't look around very hard did they. eek.gif