Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Mitchell Report !

tristan22

When has another team misused a player and that player go somewhere else and do well? Is that the question? Cecil Fielder, played 4 years at toronto went to detroit and hit 51 hrs the first year.

Also let me get this another thing right, the last year with the twins in 412 ABs he hit .270 with 20 hrs playing in a park and a system (the twins want players to hit the other way and not pull) that did not play up to his strengths. He goes to boston where the system is take walks and pull the ball and hits 31 hrs and bats .288 in 468 abs. Ho is that not even close?

50% more hrs with only 50 more ab's?? That's a pretty big jump to me...

Also, the Cecil Fielder comparison is a bad one because he never had more than 175 ab's with the Blue Jays. His all around batting stats aren't close to what Ortiz has done in Boston...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a 50% (11 hrs) is not really out of whack when you consider his age. It is more him coming to a place that let him pull the ball and took him out of the that ballpark. Look at his HR splits from those years.

15 hrs away

5 hrs home

14 hrs away

17 hrs home

Tell me what seems out of whack there?

a 50% (11 hrs) is not really out of whack when you consider his age. It is more him coming to a place that let him pull the ball and took him out of the that ballpark. Look at his HR splits from those years.

15 hrs away

5 hrs home

14 hrs away

17 hrs home

Tell me what seems out of whack there?

Eh...

He's a big boy... I'm sure he can hit it over any wall in any park...

I'm gonna stop here. It's just not something I'm passionate enough to argue about. What's done is done, and I doubt we'll ever find out one way or the other...

Ortiz def. has juiced

all these domincan guys im sure have.

you can get HGH as easy as buying chiclets form the little poor kids

ALso last yr he hinted at it about it being ramapant down there and know one knows wht your puttin in your body

and jtk mcgwire hit only 49 his rookie yr.......just sayin

May 8, 2007

BOSTON (TICKER) -- It appears Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz is not sure if he has taken steroids.

Ortiz told the Boston Herald that he could not say definitively if he had ever used performance-enhancing drugs in the past. The burly designated hitter also said that if he did, it happened when he was much younger.

"I tell you, I don't know too much about steroids, but I started listening about steroids when they started to bring that (expletive) up," Ortiz told the paper. "I started realizing and getting to know a little bit about it. You've got to be careful.

"I used to buy a protein shake in my country. I don't do that anymore because they don't have the approval for that here, so I know that, so I'm off buying things at the GNC back in the Dominican (Republic). But it can happen anytime, it can happen. I don't know. I don't know if I drank something in my youth, not knowing it."

However, Ortiz, who hit a club-record 54 home runs last season, made light of the situation, joking that he should try steroids just to see what all the fuss is about.

"I should use steroids just to see what's going on," Ortiz joked to the Herald. "Nah. I have a good family. I want to see my kids learn and develop. I think I'm having an OK career. So, I take a lot of Advils, but I think I'm going to stop taking them. They say it (expletive) your liver."

May 8, 2007

BOSTON (TICKER) -- It appears Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz is not sure if he has taken steroids.

Ortiz told the Boston Herald that he could not say definitively if he had ever used performance-enhancing drugs in the past. The burly designated hitter also said that if he did, it happened when he was much younger.

"I tell you, I don't know too much about steroids, but I started listening about steroids when they started to bring that (expletive) up," Ortiz told the paper. "I started realizing and getting to know a little bit about it. You've got to be careful.

"I used to buy a protein shake in my country. I don't do that anymore because they don't have the approval for that here, so I know that, so I'm off buying things at the GNC back in the Dominican (Republic). But it can happen anytime, it can happen. I don't know. I don't know if I drank something in my youth, not knowing it."

However, Ortiz, who hit a club-record 54 home runs last season, made light of the situation, joking that he should try steroids just to see what all the fuss is about.

"I should use steroids just to see what's going on," Ortiz joked to the Herald. "Nah. I have a good family. I want to see my kids learn and develop. I think I'm having an OK career. So, I take a lot of Advils, but I think I'm going to stop taking them. They say it (expletive) your liver."

This is not in defense to Ortiz...but I know sorta where he's coming from. I remember in the NCAAs when we would be drug tested, we were told by our coach to stay away from anything over the counter from GNC or any other nutrition store that isn't just protein due to the fact that companies are getting more clever in getting people bigger, faster. You just don't know what is really in them and what would classify as performance enhancing or not

Ortiz def. has juiced

all these domincan guys im sure have.

you can get HGH as easy as buying chiclets form the little poor kids

ALso last yr he hinted at it about it being ramapant down there and know one knows wht your puttin in your body

and jtk mcgwire hit only 49 his rookie yr.......just sayin

I disagree with everything in this post except that big mac hit 49 hrs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i wonder if proven, will congress go after the rocket? i think so...

no barry bonds in the news.. wow!

...highly unlikely, did you see how the republicans went after McNamee like a monster. I'm waiting for the Jose Cansecos' party pic where the rocket is holding a tall cold one. This guy doesnt know when to quit.....but i blame his idiot lawyer (the one that looks and talks like Jerry Jones)

• 3 weeks later...
i still fail to see how being friends with a juicehead makes you a juicehead......

i know what the connotation is but it still seems like a bit of a reach by the persecution. guilty by association? only in america

at this point i think its obvious the rocket juiced up. i dont think he's simply accused by association, he was rumored to be a doper for a long time now.even though jose started the roid avalanche debacle, he too is known to be a habitual liar. i believe clemens and his wife were at the party contrary to what he said at the congressional hearing. but i'm glad i havent heard anything about the rocket on sportscenter for awhile now..... hope it stays that way.