Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OVERVIEW OF SOUND FACTORY

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Allow me to clear up a few things -- While I don't expect any of you to have a PHD in psychology, you should have the common sense to know your friend has issues. I'm not calling your friend a whore. I don't equate whore with nakedness. But, I do think that there are plenty men who saw her Sat. night and said, "hmmm... she prances around naked, she must be easy." Welcome to the male mentality. While your friend may think she's free-spirited and revolutionary for walking around naked, the only message she's sending is,"PLEASE! PLEASE! LOOK AT ME! I'M NAKED! LOOK AT ME!" If you don't think this is the message your friend was sending, then you have some intelligence issues, yourself. If you do agree that was the message she was sending, why do you think she felt compelled to do that? WHile most of the people at the Sound Factory are very sweet and respectful, there are a handful of pigs who could have tried to take advantage of the situation by trying to grab her or worse. Oh no, though. Her fearless friends were there to protect her. THe point is - she was the one sending the message. Regardless if she was sending the same message that a lot of people were recieving, she was still sending that message.

I don't think your friend is a whore, I feel very sorry for her. Someone whose life is so empty that she feels the need to strip down in one of the seediest clubs in New York to get attention, needs some help.

I know you disagree, so instead of calling me nieve and telling me how great your friend thinks about herself, why don't you tell me what message she was sending. Why did she do it? She wasn't in a house full of friends where she would be safe. I would completely understand that. But what would compell her to do that sober? There must be an educated reason, especially since you're all so quick to justify her actions.

As I said before, I don't think your friend is a whore. But a lot of people saw her Saturday night and did use that word, ESPECIALLY people who work there. While her intentions may have been good, good judgement obviously didn't come into play.

Originally posted by joeserra:

if she wants to walk around naked....let her......she has a great body and should show it off.....Whats the difference if a juice head takes his shirt off.....none

HEY LOVER, WHY ARE YOU AVOIDING ME ? YOU LEFT YOUR UNDIES AT MY HOUSE. STOP BY TONIGHT BABY.

------------------

joeserra is my bitch.

Originally posted by cathyo:

Maybe you need to go back and read my post. 2nd paragraph, "everyone is entitled to their own opinion". Runs right along the same lines as freedom of speech...no?

I never once said that certain people can't post here I simply stated my opinion that I think it is childish and silly for people who don't normally post here to come over for one post.

I wouldn't run to another board if I found out someone said something I didn't agree with on it. But then again I respect the fact that people are entitled to have different opinions.

Why is everyone so concerned with what other people think?

first, i'm not flipping out ... i type this stuff with a smile on my face ... it's just a board - right? I'm not really upset - i just think it's unfair what some people have been saying.

As for you - i wasn't directing the SF stuff towards you ... just the posting part - i just thought it was wrong what you said.

If i took it the wrong way then i apologize ... but when i read it it just seemed wrong to say that.

The reason someone would respond here even if they normally don't post here is because they are friends with her, or they just felt the need to express their opinion, or they just plain felt like it!

my point only was that they had every right to post here - that's all ... anything else i didn't mean to direct at you ... ok

peace

Rally smile.gif

Yooo Noc...lemme first start out by apologizing for calling u nieve!! Shouldn't have used any negative words!! It seems we can actually have an intelligent conversation about this without using names!!! We might not agree but at least we can both make our points!

Now as far as her reasoning for getting naked...I'm not exactly sure!! That is something that only she can answer...but to be honest with you...I don't really care what her reasons are...she wanted to & that is her perogative!! Maybe she was looking for attention...maybe not...if she was...it certainly worked...but whatever the reason was...she has every right to do it IMO!!

Would I do it...prolly not...would u do it...obviously not..but that is our choice!! That is why we live in America! If she wants to take her clothes off...so be it!!

I thought you were associating being naked with being a whore...that is why I got defensive...cause she's not a whore!!

I guess the bottom line is...to each their own...u may not agree...but let's at least agree to disagree OK?

Again sorry bout the name calling...I shouldn't have gone there!!! Chances are we will never agree on this but hey we prolly don't agree on a lot of things!

Have a great day!!

SMOKEE

Originally posted by nocturnalnyc:

Allow me to clear up a few things -- While I don't expect any of you to have a PHD in psychology, you should have the common sense to know your friend has issues. I'm not calling your friend a whore. I don't equate whore with nakedness. But, I do think that there are plenty men who saw her Sat. night and said, "hmmm... she prances around naked, she must be easy." Welcome to the male mentality. While your friend may think she's free-spirited and revolutionary for walking around naked, the only message she's sending is,"PLEASE! PLEASE! LOOK AT ME! I'M NAKED! LOOK AT ME!" If you don't think this is the message your friend was sending, then you have some intelligence issues, yourself. If you do agree that was the message she was sending, why do you think she felt compelled to do that? WHile most of the people at the Sound Factory are very sweet and respectful, there are a handful of pigs who could have tried to take advantage of the situation by trying to grab her or worse. Oh no, though. Her fearless friends were there to protect her. THe point is - she was the one sending the message. Regardless if she was sending the same message that a lot of people were recieving, she was still sending that message.

I don't think your friend is a whore, I feel very sorry for her. Someone whose life is so empty that she feels the need to strip down in one of the seediest clubs in New York to get attention, needs some help.

I know you disagree, so instead of calling me nieve and telling me how great your friend thinks about herself, why don't you tell me what message she was sending. Why did she do it? She wasn't in a house full of friends where she would be safe. I would completely understand that. But what would compell her to do that sober? There must be an educated reason, especially since you're all so quick to justify her actions.

As I said before, I don't think your friend is a whore. But a lot of people saw her Saturday night and did use that word, ESPECIALLY people who work there. While her intentions may have been good, good judgement obviously didn't come into play.

Originally posted by rally2000:

first, i'm not flipping out ... i type this stuff with a smile on my face ... it's just a board - right? I'm not really upset - i just think it's unfair what some people have been saying.

As for you - i wasn't directing the SF stuff towards you ... just the posting part - i just thought it was wrong what you said.

If i took it the wrong way then i apologize ... but when i read it it just seemed wrong to say that.

The reason someone would respond here even if they normally don't post here is because they are friends with her, or they just felt the need to express their opinion, or they just plain felt like it!

my point only was that they had every right to post here - that's all ... anything else i didn't mean to direct at you ... ok

peace

Rally smile.gif

OK, truce smile.gif

Now my turn, I did not mean to offend or say that certain people shouldn't post here. I can understand where you would want to defend your friend.

It's turned into one of those things where you keep arguing but you've forgotten what started it smile.gif. So from one SF patron to another, let's kiss and make up.

To All Concerned:

As far as the naked friend and SF arguments that have been going on all day, these are issues that are not going to get resolved. Everyone is going to have to let this one go because both sides are standing firm in their beliefs and no one is going to give. I think the whole thing has taken a life of it's own and that we should just kill it now.

------------------

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

Originally posted by cathyo:

OK, truce smile.gif

Now my turn, I did not mean to offend or say that certain people shouldn't post here. I can understand where you would want to defend your friend.

It's turned into one of those things where you keep arguing but you've forgotten what started it smile.gif. So from one SF patron to another, let's kiss and make up.

To All Concerned:

As far as the naked friend and SF arguments that have been going on all day, these are issues that are not going to get resolved. Everyone is going to have to let this one go because both sides are standing firm in their beliefs and no one is going to give. I think the whole thing has taken a life of it's own and that we should just kill it now.

truce! smile.gif

i really wasn't arguing with you in the beginning - sorry! I just felt bad for my lil cute friend ... lol

peace and here's a kiss ... muah

Rally

Originally posted by rally2000:

truce! smile.gif

i really wasn't arguing with you in the beginning - sorry! I just felt bad for my lil cute friend ... lol

peace and here's a kiss ... muah

Rally

Right back at ya sweetie kiss.gif

------------------

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

[This message has been edited by cathyo (edited 08-28-2000).]

now now childern....no need to get all wound up...everyone knows that there are a couple of assholes on this board who think it's funny to insult people. Since I have never been to SF I can't comment on the crowd or the music...I can only say that I have not heard good things about the club and I probably wouldn't go there cause the music is not the kinda shit that I'm into.

Anyway....everyone jus stop,drop n roll so the vibe on the board becomes more friendly.

smile.gif

------------------

hempleaf.gif

"I want to get high, so high" (Cypress Hill)

easy for you to say Trancenergy ... you are prolly into Twilo or Vinyl so this board is so sweet and sugarry for you. Yeah - i don't have to read or post here - but i still like this board so why should i have to constantly read this neg crap about SF without commenting???

For the SF heads this board becomes annoying because all the skinny lil raver boys bash and bash ... (BTW i'm not a juicehead)

Everyone just constantly bashes JP and SF ... and whats even funnier is that it's coming from people who never go there! haha

so i feel the need to comment and voice my opinion (because i can) and stop some of this endless bashing.

so easy for you to just drop it and let's all be friendly ... whatever

Peace

Rally

Originally posted by ViciousSpinner:

U've discribe a mjority of the people up there... so inturn I know ur bullshitting b/c ur a lil fairy. My glowstix can kick ur mamma's ass anyday... and my Naked Girl can make fun of ur shrunken balls...

VS

First off, Vicious Sh*tter, a Websters New English Dictionary is only $5.99. Invest in one.

Bro, i'm not trying to get involved in any fight. For your sake, that's a good thing. Like i said i love SF. I'm there like 2 or 3 Saturdays of every month. When i'm there, i hang out upstairs half of the nite. Usually on top of the stairs in front of the bathrooms or on the other side by the ice cream cart. Not hard to find. I gave you a description of myself. I hang out with a mixed group of about 12 guys & girls. Anytime you feel like coming over and putting on a k-holed glowstick show for us, please let me know. I'll make sure i'm there.

As for calling your girl a tramp, all i can say is that one can only judge by appearance. You both should know this. I know for a fact that many others shared my views, as we discussed the matter and over heard others saying the same thing. As hard as it is to believe, even in SF there are things that are taboo. And walking around COMPLETELY naked in a club, not a strip club mind you, is not right. Enough said.

[This message has been edited by yo mamma (edited 08-28-2000).]

Originally posted by rachel1997:

ToniAnn ~ Way to go! Good choice of words. I didn't expect you guys to answer so fast when I posted the link.

Was good to see you at SF. smile.gif Hope u had a good time.

OK, I don't want to get into the naked girl @ SF war but, there is something that I just have to say, posting a link on another board just so people can come here and bitch and moan is silly. This is not a war and we don't need to call in mercenaries. If you post on both boards fine but if you don't post here normally, don't post here now, simple.

One more thing, everyone is supposed to be entitled to their own opinion here right? If you think she's expressing herself...fine, if you think she's disgusting...fine.

It's all just name calling, there's no need to bring in the cavalry. rolleyes.gif

------------------

I know some of the guyz and girls that hangout by the ice cream cart and if U have been there lately.. the ice cream cart isnt where it use to be.. it is now by the bathroon in which U claim U hang out by..

Heres a question.. How can U hang out by the dirtiest bathroom in SF?? doesn't the smell get to U??? I guess not!

MyWorld

PS.. VS.. Love U hun! Next time I am getting Naked with HER!!!! Freedom of Speech and Freedom to do whatever U want!

People on this board need some growing up to do!