Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mansion: Not so Terrible?

cpnews

Hold the phones! Has everything we've heard so far about Mansion been wrong? Can it possibly be the "force capable of leading clubdom to a new era." A Little Birdy reports:

I went on Saturday night, in short it was not as horrible as I might have otherwise thought. Due to the sheer size of the space to fill it up they cannot be particularly discerning with who they let in so it ended up being a mix of a reasonably good crowd combined with a lot of bridge and tunnel. Seemed like two worlds clashing, but everyone was in good spirits and the somewhat silly decor was easy to overlook. The venue did eventually get packed circa 1 - 2 AM. I think the place will do well enough, (it's an upgrade from the sad state Crobar was in anyhow) if only as a fall-back for people who cannot get into the smaller venues on club row.

Well, that's the best independent review we've seen so far, and it still doesn't come across as the Per Se of nightclubs. Maybe given some time, this puppy has a chance at success.

More...

Mansion needs to bring big name Dj to make it big in Ny. Bob Sinclaire is a good start. They have to set up guest list and deal with promoters who have clout with global top dj and top big nyc dj.They have to avertised on clubplanet.They should get more invloved in wmc 2008 south beach and ultra musc festival 2008 and see how to better improved mansion nyc.

Bob sinclaire at mansion is start with bring big dj too the old crobar space. Iam not going to pay 60 dollars to see sinclaire in a club. I can see PVD for 45 David Guestta for 30 dollars and victor caldrone at Pacha. Sat night I am going to Pacha but I am going to drive by Mansion and see whats the buzz and see when mystique nightclub opens up.

As far as mansion goes, the one in miami sucks in my opinion. just a bunch of rich pricks who dont know wtf house music is that go there to show off there money, hopefully the one in NYC will turn out much better (how could it now with the crowd we have) but "sad state crobar was in" ????

Studio Mezmor was fuckin awsome, i partied there a few times and saw caldrone and a few other really good DJs and bad a blast, the dance floor there was always so big so it wasnt super crowded like some other places. having room to dance was nice.