Clubplanet Nightlife Community

No country comes out today....

why does The Big Lebowski have such a huge cult following?

I have it but only saw it once.. I dont get why so many people love it. I hear you have to watch it many times to really appreciate it.

easily one of my favorite movies....the characters and script are second to none

15 dollar gift card? lol

all the coen bros movies i've seen i've loved:

big lebowski

fargo

barton fink

o brother where art thou

intolerable cruelty

raising arizona

miller's crossing

I've seen the big lebowski (last year I think)

Raising Arizona in the movies

O Brother Where art thou in the movies

O Brother, and Raising A. are my all-time favorites... and now I can see the commonality... but I'm sorry, I don't smoke anything so I didn't find the big lebowski funny at all... maybe if I had seen it when it came out? I've seen no country for old men... I recommend renting it... I can't imagine why you would want to own it other than to show your friends.

...no country wasnt that good....it was pointless....the ending was ridiculous and the movie itself was ok but being as though i heard so much hype...i was disapointed....im sure half the people raving are mindless idiots trying to sound like they are so deep...it reminded me of babel in the way i felt after ....

....so far this and michael clayton were huge let downs.....excited for there will be blood....2 weeks...

You actually saw babel? Wow... I completely forgot that movie even existed.... I definitely feel you on the hype front. I don't watch TV so when I see a movie I'm isolated from all the hype. Without Hype Michael Clayton was an okay movie...I didn't appreciate the "Our main character has skills but we're never going to directly divulge them" attitude... a nice flashback of some cool shit that he had done would have been greatly appreciated..... I believe that sometimes you can be too tongue in cheek.

I saw no country thinking it was an independent film and was surprised that Tommy Lee Jones was in it. (I spent the whole movie waiting for them to get to the point)

...no country wasnt that good....it was pointless....the ending was ridiculous and the movie itself was ok but being as though i heard so much hype...i was disapointed....im sure half the people raving are mindless idiots trying to sound like they are so deep...it reminded me of babel in the way i felt after ....

....so far this and michael clayton were huge let downs.....excited for there will be blood....2 weeks...

with all the hype around there will be blood ...you dont think you will be let down as well??

• 3 weeks later...

there was nothing wrong with No Country...i loved it and i am not pretending to be deep, i was really interested in what would happen next. No the movie did not change my life, nor did I want it to. whatever everyone is entitled to their own opinion

there was nothing wrong with No Country...i loved it and i am not pretending to be deep, i was really interested in what would happen next. No the movie did not change my life, nor did I want it to. whatever everyone is entitled to their own opinion

complain about the ending as you will...but i loved what i got out of it

point of the movie seemed to be that this will never end and not bringing real closure proved that point.......at least thats what i think

loved the movie, well done

side note: just watched barton fink again...such an underrated movie

• 2 weeks later...

my favorite line was "that fuckin bone" after the car crash. friendo comes second. i think the ending was fine. its another way of telling a story which was original. i think the point of the movie was the relationship of these three characters and how their morals compared to each other, and let them down their paths. in the end once anton escaped and lew ellen moss got it by the mexicans there was nothng left to say.

on a side note my friend said "man i cant wait until no country for old men 2 comes out" that kills me lol

agree

thats not to say daniel day wasn't phenominal again though......

yepp DDL was quite intense

DId you rent Blood simple yet ???...its got a no country feel to it

and you can tell the Coens style has been the same but perfected over 20 yrs