Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The bums downtown

Last weekend I had a bum downtown have the nerve to deman I pay him 5 dollars to park at a meter. I told him to f-off >:(and that I was going to call the police on him ;D and then I drove off fearing my cars safety. Anyone else having problems with the homeless down there.

Guest pod

It is a consistent problem with the downtown environment which needs to be addressed by the authorities. Space is aware of it, naturally, but they obviously do not have the authority to rein in these lowlives. The cops choose just to lounge in front of the club, not doing patrols in force into the surrounding neighborhoods to deter and detain these pieces of human trash surrounding the club.

Believe me, there's times when I've parked on the street instead of a lot, and I wish I hadn't. 2 weeks ago, a friend of mine and I were walking back to our vehicle, and these two guys were attempting to shake us down for "safeguarding" the vehicle. That is their typical tactic.

I wish it was like in NYC, where the cops take a childlike delight in taking these lowlives out...the only language someone who has degenerated into an animal will recognize is fear, and I think it's high time the cops provided that.

Maybe a petition to the police department would work?

Guest saintjohn

have you considered photographic evidence? if you're going to move the car, anyway, you might as well get a picture of the crook as you leave.

"officer, this is the guy who tried to extort a parking fee from us."

"thanks, citizen. i'll just stop sipping my coffee and filling out all of this paperwork and talking to my buddies just so i can go searching the streets for an angry psychotic who's gone off his meds and smells like pee."

it's either that, or roaming packs of afterhours vigilantes pelting perps with red bull cans.

Guest zacashus
have you considered photographic evidence?  if you're going to move the car, anyway, you might as well get a picture of the crook as you leave.  

"thanks, citizen.  i'll just stop sipping my coffee and filling out all of this paperwork and talking to my buddies just so i can go searching the streets for an angry psychotic who's gone off his meds and smells like pee."

it's either that, or roaming packs of afterhours vigilantes pelting perps with red bull cans.

LMAO.....hahhaa.... and why do they smell like pee i wonder??....hmmmm.... do they not have practice in peeing or is it that they're so drunk or messed up on something that they didn't realize they pissed all over themselves.....LOL

Guest eKiTeL
i'm just waiting for one of them to get wise with me.. i'll beat them to a pulp... PANHANDLING IS ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you would really want to get any of their blood on you like that

anyway the few times I go to space, and the beggars start demanding money, I just cut them off, and explain to them calmly yet assertively that I'm an American god damnit!  this is a free country, I have a right to park wherever I want to for free...   they usually seem to be able to relate to that line of reasoning...  

Guest saintjohn

you want five dollars to watch my car? how about you give me five dollars not to sit here and play "we are the world" over and over and over on my powerful car stereo until you break down and cry. go ahead, punk. make my day. i've got earplugs.

Guest bcnjunkie
have you considered photographic evidence?  if you're going to move the car, anyway, you might as well get a picture of the crook as you leave.  

"thanks, citizen.  i'll just stop sipping my coffee and filling out all of this paperwork and talking to my buddies just so i can go searching the streets for an angry psychotic who's gone off his meds and smells like pee."

you forgot eating donuts ;D

Guest bcnjunkie
two years ago we got into a car accident on the way to space and one of these schitzo-derelicts robbed my friend who was stuck in the car.   :o

WHAT ?! no way ! that's pretty bad !

I drive down that main street in front of the homeless shelter every day coming home from work (@ 8pm). It's a big freakin mess, and it is dangerous. I'm really surprised that there aren't more incidents for the patrons of Space, especially those who don't know the area that well. But what to do? There's really no answer. Every city has a homeless population, there's no getting around that.

That sucks the big one!!!I wont let that happen to you! ;)

thanx sweetheart 8)

yes, it is true...we couldnt even believe it was happening, and I was just holding my door closed in the back so no one could pull it open, it was pretty scary, we sped off (car was driveable) and got on 95 back up to west palm

i'm just waiting for one of them to get wise with me.. i'll beat them to a pulp... PANHANDLING IS ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*please note, i'd rather hand out with the homless than the low lifes at a tiesto event..

First of all you can't fight, you would get your ass kicked just like Private Pile in full metal jacket fatboy. even the skinniest most drug intoxicated crackhead could whoop you, House whore.

Guest zero

First of all you can't fight, you would get your ass kicked just like Private Pile in full metal jacket fatboy. even the skinniest most drug intoxicated crackhead could whoop you, House whore.

haha that was too funny!! ;D

Guest bcnjunkie

LOL ;D

Guest pod

While that was amusing, most of these guys bolt at the slightest hint of violence. Or my favorite was when I was borrowing a friend's diesel V10 van, and just knocked the fucker over with it when he wouldn't get out of my way, unless I paid him.

Guest Diabolique
While that was amusing, most of these guys bolt at the slightest hint of violence. Or my favorite was when I was borrowing a friend's diesel V10 van, and just knocked the fucker over with it when he wouldn't get out of my way, unless I paid him.

Just act like you are LOCO-just got released, start frothing at the mouth and they 'll go running so fast, you'll be laughing instead of fretting. ;D