Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Edgar V @ Voodoo Review

Bling

Ok first of all I must say i feel way too lucky to be seeing edgar v two weeks straight........ OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

ok on to the review.

First off, this place is far as fuck from kendall.!!!!!!!!!! UGH so i leave work at 5 and go to my dad's house to crash. He lives in Plantation. He proceeds to tell me, that i never go to his house but when i have to club in his area i do........ Hes right . Im a bad son LMAO

ok so i get to voodoo around 10 pm . walk in for free cuz i guess they feel bad im there so early. LOL. The dj there sucked........ if he remixed anymore hip hop songs i was fuckin gonan stand on the train tracks and kill myself.....

First person to show up was Carrisa and Diego Ddg i think on CJ.

Carrisa lookin omfg FINEEEEEEE as always, but damn i love them boots.....

ok here is the rundown

1)Koky and Leo

2)Madmon (those fuckers took ur mojo away by sayin no whistle..... that shitttttttttt suckkkkkkkkkeddddddddddd)

3)Arturo

4)Ddg

5)flip and tonie

6)eric

7)chaflas

ok fuck im lazy u all know who was there LOL

so anyways, edgar goes on around 11:50 and evertying is great he drops the matrix tune (i was like OMFG i die.... shades of his best set eva at crobar )

Then about half an hour in they took damons whistle........ wtf .... poor damon first the shit at crobar now this..... UGH it just wasnt the same withouth the whistle........ (oh and the ft. lauderdale crowd is kinda funny....... they dance weird LOL )

ok so around 130-2 edgar starts throwin down some OMFG i die tracks back to back to back OMFG I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katana-tribal shock, PUlstar- My religion, among others. OMFG I love those tracks.....

my overall review of voodoo is eh ok.. i havent been there since a Y100 valentines event the singles mingle 2 years ago. it was cool seeing faye again, havent seen her since her days with kenny and footy on Y100. in fact she hosted the singles mingle. heh

the placement of the booth SUCCCCCCCCCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS i walked around the club like 10 min before i realized it was over the door........... QUE MIERDA!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways, when edgar came in with everyone, i tell him oh god dont play wundervoll. and what does he doe he plays it LOL

and he didnt bring GAmemaster ugh

anyways, it was great to see markus drop by with heather..... its so great to see the dj's come out to support one another....

arturo cracks me up when faye said markus was in the house he was like OMFG and ran upstairs i would have followed u save for the fact that i was lazy and didnt want to climb stairs LOL.

of course i got a few pics id say around 3 not many.... but good enuff.

i left around 3:30 and he was dropping disgustingly sick tracks

the ones that go "listen to techno" and that woman orgasming track (i someone d them please so i can use them in my set LOL )

so on the trip home, there is this fuckin nasty accident on I-95 S. im like omfg. i was stuck there 30 min. then i was fallin asleep at the wheel. scary shit...... voodoo is a long ass trip. but ill go there for edgar anytime

great times as always

peace

PS (sorry i didnt wear the shirt LOL, i have to make new ones. maybe ill make it for tonite at space not sure yet LOL )

They took my mojo, when they did that, my night was done at that moment, tragic, I just stick to Miami, South Beach and other places that are club lands and where my whistle is allowed!!!

Damon 2.0

I wasn't all that impressed with Edgar V. I always thought of him as being very unique, but last night he didn't seem so. I think it might have to do with the venue (the damn DJ booth is in the clouds, that sucks). Had a great time, though. Nice meeting everyone! ;D

Guest ddg

just wanted to say it was cool meeting all the people i did last night...very nice peeps....had a good time and my boy had a good time too....mdamon..sorry about the whistle..(always trying to hold the man down!!) thx carisa for introducing me to your friends..the ones i remember well....jmt, trancelator, bling, mdamon (sorry if i forgot plenty of people i met, blame the red bulls.

Actually I thought Edgar did a great job, I really didnt think he was going to come out spinning the way he did in a club like Voodooo which I think needs alot of work to be done.But I can careless about the club to be honest I went to support Edgar and to have a good time and thats exactly what I did. Eventhough towards the end I was getting pised off at all those drunk ass crackers bumping into me.. >:(

Herd alot of great tracks and new ones aswell.Best track of the night for me was I believe it was called "Terbulence" a techish track that had me going fucking nuts ! ! ! ! ! ! It was nice to see Edgar spin at a different venue,had a great time but I still have fingers cross and hoping for him to do an AFTERHOURS set and destroy the place like he use to @ the old SPACE. ;)

great hanging with the usuals till next time.

Another great performance by Mr V!!!! Good to see all the usuals in attendance plus a few newbies I brought along from CJ.

I second that opinion on the Laudy guys. Although I got to run into a lot of people that I havent seen in years...the rest of them are drunk assholes...well for the most part. Do guys really think that if they put their hand up my skirt and feel my ass as they walk by that I will want them!?!?! PLEASE!!! (this actually happened!!!)

I was surprised that Edgar played such a hard set for that crowd but the place was jumpin till about 330am. Edgar got me with a few tracks that just hit me hard and I was blown away.

I had been wanting to go out in Ft Laud for a while now but last night I learned something...I prefer a night out in Miami any day!!! I just cant seem to "let go" and feel as much as I do when I am in Miami...maybe thats cause I basically LIVED in Voodoo when I first moved here.

Mursa and I hit up Afterhours at NV for a dose of DJBRUNO and NELSON DIAZ. Always a fun time. Saleen...Bruno dropped a great Classics track...a Michael Jackson mix of Billie Jean (I think)...he said it was Stephan Lukes. The whole concept of this track was great...started off with a "hint" of the track and then went into MLK "I had a dream" speech then the music just blew up!!!! (Hard to describe the irony here but I hope you understand what I am getting at).

Thanks again to Edgar, Bruno and Nelson for a great Friday night!!!

BTW...I also ran into LisaLoca at NV last night...long time no see chica!!! We have to hang again soon.

Guest JMT

well, i had fun last night. voodoo isnt the best club to see a dj but its closer to me so i cant complain too much. wasnt as busy as i would have thought. i got pretty wrecked as the night went on, but it was nice to finally meet some of you. carissa, ryan, patrick, diego etc, you guys are cool cats. ddg you da man.

and no offense to anyone, but i dont know if i would have been able to handle the whistle all night.

Guest ddg

hey carisa..no thx for being your personal taxi all night.. ;)

damon..i was enjoying the whistle....in fact, i think i enjoyed everything last night (somethings i kinda overenjoyed..lol )

Well I tell ya one thing, Fort Lauderdale is a bar town, not a club town, not the same vibe, crowd, environment, just a bar town, Miami and South Beach are the places to be, soooo for next time, I love edgar and all, but even what happen to me last night, more and more of us were almost gonna get into fights, fuck that, thats something to avoid!!!

Damon 2.0

Guest ddg

crowd at voodoo that night was a little too hostile for my liking....some of those guys showed up at space too b/c there were plenty of assclowns there as well...if i wanted to fight, i'd just hang out downtown wpb.. :P

Well I tell ya one thing, Fort Lauderdale is a bar town, not a club town, not the same vibe, crowd, environment, just a bar town, Miami and South Beach are the places to be, soooo for next time, I love edgar and all, but even what happen to me last night, more and more of us were almost gonna get into fights, fuck that, thats something to avoid!!!

Damon 2.0

So they took yuor whistle so you didnt blow everyones eardrums...big deal!!! GET OVA IT!!!! :)