Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SO I'M HEARING A LEVEL VS SPACE FIGHT OVER TIESTO.

V. Barbarino

Guest pod

Hmmm...Tijs gets treated like gold at Space, it will take a lot more than the cash to lure him away...and if I'm not mistaken, he gets his $$$ up front for the year...

All the trancewhores may like it though, they seem to have issues with Space all the time cause it's primarily a house club.

Guest pod

Space is primarly house cause you can hire a housebitch DJ for almost nothing.

And a DJ who is a glorified CD player like Tiësto is overpriced, so there.

Not for nothing, but I think a house DJ like Morillo, Tenaglia, or Steve Lawler is much more bang for the buck...oh and DT doesn't work for next to nothing either...he gets the door, which if I'm not mistaken on his nights can be tens of thousands of dollars...Digweed and Sasha go for roughly the same amount, Lawler is at least 10 grand, and so on and so forth...by using your yardstick of DJ quality = cost of booking, these guys must be good too.

Not every house person bashes trance, either...if anything, on this board, most of them are fairly open to different music...and most of the trance people here are...you seem to be the hold out, ragging on house like there's no tomorrow...I think you're probably pissed that your favorite form of music isn't dominant in the Miami scene anymore, that it progressed beyond that, and at best, there's a trance night once or twice a month....and guess what, me, a house music fan, is at at least one of those! Sure, it's to create a gallery, but at the same time, I will admit to enjoying myself...

Oh and music that sucks doesn't necessarily go away...look at any form of pop music, whiny bitch-rock, and so forth...if anything, quality music has a tendency to vanish off the radar, sadly enough.

Guest LeVeL

No way I rather see Tiesto stay in Space.........he had too many legendary nights there........the memories of him @ Space are too much to overcome. By the way I rather see Level get other types of Dj's that have never come down here to Miami, diversity dam it is what we need down here. Bring Down M.I.K.E. (The Producer of Push,Solar Factor, Plastic Boy, ect.) Bring Down Dj's like Dumonde, Johan Gielen, Max Graham ect.........there is so much Talent out there. To steal acts from Space is just useless your not beating a club that way. Your just joining them. This is a competition dam it Level has to separate itself from the shadow that is Club Space.

Guest vanbuurenfan
I didn't go to Steve Lawler but I heard it was pretty empty, maybe the same thing will happen with Tiesto !

lawler was great but it was dead. at midnight i just walked right to the door NO LINE was able 2 use the password! ;D

Guest LeVeL

lawler was great but it was dead. at midnight i just walked right to the door NO LINE was able 2 use the password! ;D

Yeah it was kind of empty around 12 that night but around 2 am in the morning the club was full to capacity there was no room in the main room ect......so about the club being empty all night is kind of overated because I was there and it was hard to find room to dance. I do got to agree that the V.I.P was not full there was space there. But for sure it was not dead, it could of been better but hey its Miami and there is a lot to do here, we have our options.

Guest LISALOCA
I didn't go to Steve Lawler but I heard it was pretty empty, maybe the same thing will happen with Tiesto !

SPACE WAS NOT EMPTY THE NIGHT LAWLER WAS THERE. THAT WAS THE SHIT!! I COULDN'T MOVE THE NEXT DAY FROM HOW MUCH I DANCED.. ::)

Guest vanbuurenfan

SPACE WAS NOT EMPTY THE NIGHT LAWLER WAS THERE. THAT WAS THE SHIT!! I COULDN'T MOVE THE NEXT DAY FROM HOW MUCH I DANCED.. ::)

sorry but space was empty, no doubt about it. lawlers set was of the chain....but it was empty for space standards.