Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ok, i'm gonna bash the Ferry review...

V. Barbarino

forget the ferry stuff, cause trance is for kids who simply have zero clue about music...

but this paragraph

""""My one disappointment from the night (other than not enough of Ferry Corsten) came from Space34’s patio, where recycled Ivano Bellini dancefloor staples like “Safe from Harm†and “Billie Jean†played. """

first off, dean colemans bootleg of SFH is dope, but miami jocks don't rock that mix, however SFH is a great track, even though it's old and the markus shultz mix, which i'm one of the few that have it, is also a great mix, and the billy jean was either the buswackas mix or 11st mix over MLK speech, and once again is a dope ass track, little old but phat..

it' house, groovy house, not that kiddie stuff called ferrry corsten.... FC was only booked casue he was cheap and had the date open and it was a holiday weekend, you will see less and less trance djs in florida...

hahah about this Casey Elise's review ...

you used 80% of the whole page just to say how big of a fan u are to Corsten and how high u jumped on your desk, then; when you finally decided to talk about that night, u ended up talking bad about Space's terrace ... (obviously because u like trance more than house) so why bother ?

Guest nickjunkie
hahah about this Casey Elise's review ...

you used 80% of the whole page just to say how big of a fan u are to Corsten and how high u jumped on your desk, then; when you finally decided to talk about that night, u ended up talking bad about Space's terrace ... (obviously because u like trance more than house) so why bother ?

Because regardless of how it's structured or the opinion, at least someone put the effort in to write a review and share their experience.

Maybe you should try reviewing something before you criticize someone who makes that effort - at least Saleen does...

Because regardless of how it's structured or the opinion, at least someone put the effort in to write a review and share their experience.

Maybe you should try reviewing something before you criticize someone who makes that effort - at least Saleen does...

so u say because i dont review, i can't state my opinion ?

read Corsten's review, is true what i said, and i never meant it in a bad way.

Shoot, next time i'll ask for your PERMISSION ..

EDIT: "... we especially love it when that DJ brings out his old hits and mixes them in with new ones ..."

... after which she complains about "Safe from harm" being "old" ....

?????? just my opinion.

Guest nickjunkie

I have no problem with opinions - what I'm saying is give her a break and make your criticism constructive. It's difficult to write reviews but easy to bash them.

'So why bother?' seems a strange question - she bothers because she's enthusiastic about the DJ and wanted to share that.

Guest shannon_coolj.

ok, saleen--

i'm not a trance fan either but i really don't think it's fair say that "trance is for kids who simply have zero clue about music..."

that's not cool. we all listen to electronic, whether it's breaks, house, progressive, techno, drum n bass and yes, even trance....

music pulls us together and not apart...

Guest lyrik

I have to agree with the Saleen...the review in whole was okay...a little slanted, but good background on Ferry....would have liked a bit more review on his technical workings in the booth.....but back to what Saleen said about the comment she made about the Patio...I have to point out Nick in your criticism of Andrew that you say to him he could at least make his critism constructive...by that same token...so could the review had made a contructive critism of the patio. As Andrew pointed out, it seemed a little hipocritical that the review states how Ferry dropped older tunes in his set and that was good in the opinion of the reviewer ...but when older tunes of a different genre where heard on the patio it was a disapointment. The review wasn't written poorly and it flowed well...however if I could make a constructive critism it would be this:

If you are going to make a critism [in this case about the patio] offer up a little more support, other wise it just comes across as bash...just as Andew came across in his reply to you guys.

Guest nickjunkie
I have to agree with the Saleen...the review in whole was okay...a little slanted, but good background on Ferry....would have liked a bit more review on his technical workings in the booth.....but back to what Saleen said about the comment she made about the Patio...I have to point out Nick in your criticism of Andrew that you say to him he could at least make his critism constructive...by that same token...so could the review had made a contructive critism of the patio. As Andrew pointed out, it seemed a little hipocritical that the review states how Ferry dropped older tunes in his set and that was good in the opinion of the reviewer ...but when older tunes of a different genre where heard on the patio it was a disapointment. The review wasn't written poorly and it flowed well...however if I could make a constructive critism it would be this:

If you are going to make a critism [in this case about the patio] offer up a little more support, other wise it just comes across as bash...just as Andew came across in his reply to you guys.

Smart reply :)

Guest bcnjunkie
trust me trance pulls me apart....

though at the time i had zero idea the reviewer was a female...

i'm not knocking the review as a whole, but the whole track thing made me mad

CAN'T TAKE SALEEN SERIOULSY, HE HARDLY KNOWS MUSIC. SO MUCH TALK ABOUT JERSEY !, REAL CLUBBING CAME FROM EUROPE (IBIZA CLUBBING HAS BEEN AROUND FOR OVER 30 YEARS, AND CLUBS FOR PACHA HAVE BEEN PLAYING HOUSE WAY BEFORE SALEEN EVEN KNEW WHAT IT WAS).

AS FOR HIS REVIEW OF DENNY, IT SAYS NOTHING. IT SIMPLY STATES SALEEN HAS A HARD-ON FOR JERSEY AND ITS' DJ'S. NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE OR DESCRIPTIVE ! I THINK HE NEEDS TO TRAVEL MORE OR MOVE TO PARADISE ON EARTH: THE JERSEY SHORELINE

CAN'T TAKE SALEEN SERIOULSY, HE HARDLY KNOWS MUSIC. SO MUCH TALK ABOUT JERSEY !, REAL CLUBBING CAME FROM EUROPE (IBIZA CLUBBING HAS BEEN AROUND FOR OVER 30 YEARS, AND CLUBS FOR PACHA HAVE BEEN PLAYING HOUSE WAY BEFORE SALEEN EVEN KNEW WHAT IT WAS).

AS FOR HIS REVIEW OF DENNY, IT SAYS NOTHING. IT SIMPLY STATES SALEEN HAS A HARD-ON FOR JERSEY AND ITS' DJ'S. NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE OR DESCRIPTIVE ! I THINK HE NEEDS TO TRAVEL MORE OR MOVE TO PARADISE ON EARTH: THE JERSEY SHORELINE

If we were on the jersey shoreline, i think you would be floating in the ocean. :)

And what is wrong with Denny's? I eat there all the time. It is quite comprable to most diners in the area, and i happen to know certain other junkies who are quite fond of it! Although being from JERSEY, i would be tempted to say not one state can even come close to our diners and after eating facilities, but how would you know?

Guest bcnjunkie
clubbing, was born and rasised in good ole NYC along with house music...

get a clue....

GET A CLUE ::) WHEN CLUBBING IN NYC BEGAN IT WAS ALREADY A WAY OF LIFE FOR SOME IN UK AND SPAIN ! SHOWS HOW LITTLE YOU KNOW ABOUT MUSIC AND CLUBBING IN GENERAL

I thought house music was born and raised in Chicago?  ::)

actually if you want to get technical, I am pretty sure it started in Detroit with the likes of Kevin Saunderson, Derrick May , and of course Juan Atkins.  To think they all went to the same highs school that is crazy.  They then moved their parties to Chicago and overseas.

actually if you want to get technical, I am pretty sure it started in Detroit with the likes of Kevin Saunderson, Derrick May , and of course Juan Atkins.  To think they all went to the same highs school that is crazy.  They then moved their parties to Chicago and overseas.

The DJs you mention were instrumental in the Detroit techno scene but not until around 1986. Jesse Saunders, a Chicago native, is credited with producing and releasing the very first house music record "On & On" in 1983. Check out these links and let me know your thoughts. Good reading for everyone too. 8)

http://starbulletin.com/2002/04/05/features/story11.html

http://www.intuitivemusic.com/tguidetimeline80s.html%20

http://entertainment.msn.com/artist/?artist=117330 (Read full bio)