Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Markus Schulz & SOTU @ MIA

CrzyC1414779017

Well it seems as though MIA is changing their door policy AGAIN and now charging a $10 cover (EVEN IF YOU ARE HAVING DINNER!!!) If I hadnt walked in with Arturo Im sure they would have tried to charge me too (actually they did try to charge all of us...thanks for the list Markus) and I got there before 10pm. Can somebody from MIA please clarify the new door policy that seems to have gone into effect??? Thanks!

Got inside and had a nice buffet dinner with Markus and his crew. Thanks again for including me in that MS. This was the first time that I had the opportunity to hang with him outside of a club and I have to say the man has a GREAT sense of humor!!! Markus went downstairs to hit the decks at 11pm. I always love Markus' track selection and last night he was on fire. Always fun to watch him behind the decks. Markus brings a great vibe to the place.

I headed upstairs to check out the SOTU boys who were throwing down a nice melodic set. Joey played "THE" track..."Sanctuary"...aaahhhhhh...love it!!! I was surprised that the music from the downstairs room didnt filter in...that was great!!! The upstairs room is a great place to chill, talk and get away from the mob of people downstairs.

The bar area upstairs was a bit unorganized but they were doing the best they could with the small space. However, the girl behind the bar did try to tell me that ladies only drink free until midnight...that is until I pulled out the flyer (I came prepared this time). So needless to say, I drank a little more than I should.

After Markus finishedhis set he went to the front of the bar area (by the door) and signed his cd for everyone and took pictures. This man really gives back to his fans...he knows that we all sacrifice sleep and time away from others just to come and support him and he seems to really appreciate it. Oh and Markus...I now have it in writing...I'll be waiting for your call.

Thanks again to MIA for allowing such great music to be brought in on a Monday night. Now if we could have clarification on the door policy...

BTW...SaintJohn, nice chatting with you, hope you got up on time this morning.

To all the usuals...you know who you are...nice hanging out with you again. We need some more CJ representation at these events though!!! NICK, TECH, SARA, POD, BCN...

Guest saintjohn

what she said. very cool night.

i got there at midnight (usually the time i have to leave), and the place was, as they say, going off. nobody said anything about a door charge to me, so i just went straight in (read my mansion review on the main page to fully appreciate the irony here).

i spent the night going back and forth between the two rooms. i didn't exactly love either of the musical formats (just a matter of personal taste), but i certainly enjoyed the energy and enthusiasm of the various djs (and their respective fans). very cool.

btw, c, i'm running on two hours of sleep right now. coffee, anyone?

Guest saintjohn

also, i want to thank jackie, obby, joey, markus, mel, and the good people at mia for making it all happen.

Didn't know what to expect and like it has been mentioned the cover charge threw me for a loop. But I want to Say thanks to Joe for the comp and the hospitality.

The place was packed a very mixed crowd. I had friends from out of town with me, and they didn't care for the vibe and commotion downstairs but we hung out for a while to listen to Markus. He was on point with his style of music and most were digging it. He had the place jumping and fist pumpin and going crazy, but it was tough for me to get into it. Maybe because it was a Monday or because it is not my cup of tea, like others say. :o

It was then time for the SOTU crew to take over upstairs and, I was excited. These guys never seize to amaze me, and I loved the vibe they create. It seemed like most of the hot women were making there way upstairs, for the Intelligent Sounds. Joey and Obby tore it up. I will take two cups of SOTU tea. ;D

Good seeing and hangin with everyone.

If you have never experienced these guys, you are missing out. :-[

I am editing the pictures right now and they will be up in the galleries ASAP. ;)

Yeah thats bullshit with this door charging policy, that will change very soon, but anyways yeah Markus tore it up last night, vibe was great, good hanging out with the usual TA/CP/CJ crowd, natalie, edgar, and everyone else. see all u guys on fri for Edgar@ Crobar!!!

Guest JMT

BT vs Sasha - Remember/Magnetic North :o :o :o i loove that freakin tune... so glad he played it.

it was a good night, Markus was cool enough to stay there and sign a crate of cds for everyone. i was suprised in not seeing Markus spin a single piece of vinyl, it was all cds. Carisa and Diego, nice hanging out with you, as always.

My first time to the place, its def NOT a true "club" atmosphere but it is a cool setup, its great for what it is, a quasi dual-purpose restauraunt. pretty good crowd for the place. beautiful ladies were out in force. there was a mild cheese and tool element as well. I also enjoyed going back and forth from room to room. i must agree that the bar service was horrible, upstairs and downstairs. anyways, it was a good monday night. ill prob go there again, but only if I-95 isnt a joke with only 1 lane opened, took me like an hour to get there.

ill be in LA next week, so everyone who goes for Edgar V, have fun.

I love how you all get to see eachother and have a little fam going on...its very cool....and when im down in FL for work, I'll definitely be dropping by one of these events and would like to meet those of you I have not met b4.

You're fortunate to have locals like Markus and Edgar all the time...

Well it was going to be a suprise for you because they are a portion of the lyrics from our favorite remix of Crush.

Paul Van Dyk feat. Second Sun - Crush (Vandit DUb)

Here are the lyrics in their entirety...this dub is one million times better than the original on his album...It is track # 1 on your CD, baby ;) Will be in your mailbox soon 8)

Can’t run away, can’t run away from me

I’ll navigate the seven seas just to find you

Can’t hide away, can’t hide away from me

I’ll be your shadow when the sun don’t shine

Be a fly on the wall

Your wrecking ball

Your wake up call on a sleepless night

I’ll be your cigarette smoke

Your Junkie’s dope

You’ll be hanging by a thread and I’ll be holding the rope

Cars and planes and boats won’t do

Yeah you can be sure I’ll find you

I know you want me

Why won’t you see me?

If I suffer then you’ll too

I’m not alone out in the blue

You can’t escape me

I won’t just disappear

Can’t fly away, can’t fly away from me

I’ll grab your wings and pull back down

Can’t walk away, can’t walk away from me

Can’t you understand we’re meant to be?

I’ll be the soles on your feet

You sticky sheet

Your big black cloud on a sunny day

Be your shoulder’s chip

Your sinking ship

Don’t try to turn the pages, not that easy to stick

Cars and planes and boats won’t do

Yeah you can be sure I’ll find you

I know you want me

Why won’t you see me?

If I suffer then you’ll too

I’m not alone out in the blue

You can’t escape me

I won’t just disappear

and yes, I definitely remember you approaching me on the dancefloor of Space @ the conference, while he was spinning this, and you said with that cool face, "I love this, yeah, I love this mix."