Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Battle of the afterhours venues

240turbo

Will Nocturnal be a problem for Space?  

1. 1. Will Nocturnal be a problem for Space?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

define "technical"

We're getting Technical now here, come on Andrew...give the venue a chance. This venue will be a breath of fresh air in that 11 street district.

Guest r3nz0

lol, 3 rooms, trance, house, hip hop....

the hip hop animals have never bothered me in Space.. So i don't think they'll bother me at nocturnal, plus dade knows puffy etc, and all those animals who will hopefully add some class to the hip hip scene down there..

Saleen, there isn't any negativity in that post.

You have a rep to uphold. Please revise. :P;)

Guest JustDade

Dade .. don't get me wrong in any way .. but being SPACE your next door neighboor you guys are just aimin way too high

and i truly wish you guys the best .. maybe Nocturnal will be a different way for NV & Space to improve themselves even more

btw, hip hop ? mmmm that sucks ... just imagine the kinda crowd its gonna bring ...

Andrew - no offense, Buddy but I don't have a clue what you mean when you say we are "aimin way too high."

I have an idea.........why don't we wait until the place opens...go there a couple of times...then decide what you think of it? I mean everytime one of these threads gets started it fills up with opinions of success or failure...musical formats...crowds...ect, and it's all speculation. I know more about what's going to happen there than anyone else and I still don't have all the answers.

Guest LeVeL

To tell you the truth its good that clubs are pleasing the Hip Hop crowds and the House/Trance crowds, it brings up a lot of diversity in the venue and also some of these hip hoppers can finally realize that hey have been listening to garbage all these years and it time to convert to another style of music. I think we all benefit from this. I for one like going from room to room just to get away from certain vibes.

And also there are a lot of dirty pigeons in the Hip Hop crowd, so that doesn't bother me. ;D ;)

Guest JustDade

We're getting Technical now here, come on Andrew...give the venue a chance. This venue will be a breath of fresh air in that 11 street district.

u call "fresh air" bringin more hip hop to the "11" street ???

Andrew...what's wrong with having Hip-Hop? Are you suggesting that we should ignore the most popular type of modern music? I personally think that's bad business.

the hip hop generation and minrities who listen to it, mainly the black coummunity won't ever embrace house or trance or techno..

Their music cultrue is about image, while eletronic music isn't...

I knew so many football players at my college, who loved bands like greenday, but wouldn't be caught dead playing it in front of their boys etc..

Couple of the biggest djs in the world are black

cox

stryke

morillo

todd terry

tony humphries

etc

if they can't get the hip hoppers into house, no one can...

i think puffy's cd will do great but little cross over into the hip hop community..

eletronic music fans are blind to color, and it's really cool that it's like that, however house is about the go, while hip hop is about the show..

Andrew...what's wrong with having Hip-Hop? Are you suggesting that we should ignore the most popular type of modern music? I personally think that's bad business.

i am just not a fan of hip hop as well as not being a fan of its crowd, i hate it ..

you guys do whatever u have to do to make $$$

the hip hop generation and minrities who listen to it, mainly the black coummunity won't ever embrace house or trance or techno..

I knew so many football players at my college, who loved bands like greenday, but wouldn't be caught dead playing it in front of their boys etc..

cox

stryke

morillo

todd terry

tony humphries

etc

i think puffy's cd will do great but little cross over into the hip hop community..

eletronic music fans are blind to color, and it's really cool that it's like that, however house is about the go, while hip hop is about the show..

great post! ;D

Guest JustDade

What it's about, for me, is being diverse. With three rooms and extended hours, we have a chance to me musically diverse and appeal to a broader range of customers. I believe that nightlife has become too segmented. It used to be that you could go to a club and find a myriad of different people all enjoying the same scene. There were straight, gay, black, white, drag queens, guys, chicks all enjoying the same music and vibe. Now it's...music heads go to Space...VIPs go to opium or Mansion...techno people at Privelige...and so on. I think it was more fun when everyone partied together.

Guest LeVeL

What it's about, for me, is being diverse. With three rooms and extended hours, we have a chance to me musically diverse and appeal to a broader range of customers. I believe that nightlife has become too segmented. It used to be that you could go to a club and find a myriad of different people all enjoying the same scene. There were straight, gay, black, white, drag queens, guys, chicks all enjoying the same music and vibe. Now it's...music heads go to Space...VIPs go to opium or Mansion...techno people at Privelige...and so on. I think it was more fun when everyone partied together.

Exactly diversity is so much better than just having a House club playing house in every room. Thats why I cant wait for Nocturnal because you guys are aiming for somthing more than just the music but you guys are planning to make all thes different styles of people come together in one roof.

Guest LeVeL

cox

stryke

morillo

todd terry

tony humphries

etc

By the way Saleen, hell of a good post their, its probably one of the most positive things you have said ever. One last thing I thought Morillo was latin.

Guest JustDade

btw, how far in advance u would say Nocturnal is completed ?

85 % maybe ?

The "shell" is almost complete. We have to finish rebuilding the front wall and pour one more floor slab. The interion framing is well underway as is the electrical, plumbing and mechanical. The problem is that we have fallen far enough behind that it looks like a mid to late May completion. I'm not really keen on the idea of opening during the summer so we may just decide to wait until October to open. But...the simple answe to your question is that it's about 65% done at the moment.

Guest coach

Hmmm... maybe you get this misinformation from partying in the 'burbs too often, but hip-hop has long since stopped being only a minority music. You ever listen to the "top 40" stations, like 100.7, or watch MTV, or even VH1? Even in the clubs that I've been to, the majority of people in the hip-hop rooms are white. You can't say that hip hop is the most popular musical style and yet primarily appeals to minorities, that just doesn't make any sense.

I liked hip-hop back when it was still the music of the revolution, but now it has just become the music of making big-bucks. The corporations have taken over, run by old white guys, mostly, and most of the songs are just about how much bling-bling you have or how hot the girl's booty is. It is worse than disco ever was in being total fluff. The difference is that disco was always fluff, it never pretended to be anything else.

Other than that, I agree with most of what you said. But if the club has gotta have that hip-hop room to keep the $$$ rolling in so they can bring us our electronic music, then more power to them!

Guest JustDade

I don't think of Hip-Hop as a musical form we have to play because of money. I think of it as a legitimate genre full of talented artists with a broad public appeal. What I am concerned about is quality. There is good EDM and bad EDM...there is good Hip-Hop and bad Hip-Hop...good rock and bad rock...We just want to make sure we're playing the good stuff.