Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CLock is ticking, better go out and get some

Guest pod

Eh, I still got my energy drinks.

Though I fundamentally oppose the banning of it.

What gives the government the right to regulate what I ingest into my body. If anything truly is mine, it is that.

Every day, I see our government is getting more and more out of control...I'm afraid that I'll have to become a proficient marksman again soon:

And now for your usual pod-propoganda.

s_permit.jpg

vermin2_s.jpg

Ephedra Is Safe

Article Re-published from Getbig.com

Wow, I live in a world where more people die of alcohol, cigarettes, and sales of over the counter drugs than ephedra but because of the incredible spin off and bad press, ephedra is being banned. Before the FDA got into it, Illinois, New York, and California had decided to ban ephedra (ma huang, ephedrine).

Why, because of a few instances of people who claim that ephedra has contributed to the deaths or injuries of people. If only the supplement companies contributed enough money like the pharmaceutical companies do to the Congress, we wouldn't be having the ban.

By April 2004, the only ephedra you will see are the stockpiles of product that many avid hardcore users have put in their house, as ephedrine was easily proven to be one of the most effective weight loss products. But due to many people overdosing or using the product wrong, the public opinion was quite negative on the product. Add to it a high profile case, like Steve Bechler, which everyone associated with him blamed his death on ephedra, and you get all the negative publicity needed for the FDA to act.

"Xenadrine did not cause or contribute to Mr. Bechler's death... He died of a heat stroke precipitated by his morbid obesity, high blood pressure and heart disease, adverse weather conditions, physical exertion, and inadequate screening, monitoring and medical supervision, NOT EPHEDRA."

However, they always, as usual, neglect to tell everyone that, in the case regarding Steve Bechler, the Baltimore Orioles pitcher, a forensic investigation conducted by former New York City Medical Examiner Dr. Michael M. Baden concluded that "Xenadrine did not cause or contribute to Mr. Bechler's death."

At the time of his death, Mr. Bechler weighed approximately 320 pounds and on February 16, when Mr. Bechler collapsed on the playing field and later died of heat stroke, the temperature on the field was 81 degrees and the humidity 75 percent.

Based on these facts, Dr. Baden concluded that Mr. Bechler "died of a heat stroke precipitated by his morbid obesity, high blood pressure and heart disease, adverse weather conditions, physical exertion, and inadequate screening, monitoring and medical supervision." Funny how they forget to mention this when they scream that he died because of Xenadrine and ephedra.

Guest JMT

What gives the government the right to regulate what I ingest into my body. If anything truly is mine, it is that.

Every day, I see our government is getting more and more out of control...I'm afraid that I'll have to become a proficient marksman again soon:

s_permit.jpg

vermin2_s.jpg

bc it kills people, and then then us taxpayers and insurance owners have to pay for the ambulence to pick up their dead asses.

s_permit.jpg

vermin2_s.jpg

bc it kills people, and then then us taxpayers and insurance owners have to pay for the ambulence to pick up their dead asses.

i hate to say it, because i'm pretty much libertarian, but you're right. ;D

Guest pod

So, it's your own damn fault for taking it. If it can be proved that you took the drug voluntarily, you should foot the bill for the ambulance and hospitilization...it's called taking responsibility.

The US is not a nanny state, let's not let it get that way.

So, it's your own damn fault for taking it. If it can be proved that you took the drug voluntarily, you should foot the bill for the ambulance and hospitilization...it's called taking responsibility.

Hell yeah. I'm back on Pod's side again.

Guest durrtylexx

they ban everything good ephedra, cocaine, ghb, mdma big brother sucks...Let me live!!!I love getting wasted..

Guest JMT

im sure all the crackheads who OD in the projects have a nest egg saved up in case of their untimely deaths.

what you need here then in insurance or death cost reform of some kind. Gore supported a tax on the assets of dead people in 2000, but im not sure if he would tweak it to be drug specific.

Guest pod

im sure all the crackheads who OD in the projects have a nest egg saved up in case of their untimely deaths.

That's their own damn fault if they don't.

It's called survival of the fittest. If you're too stupid to understand what ODing is, then you deserve whatever you get. If you die, so be it, the only thing the people probably will end up paying for is the organic material disposal fee.

Again, personal responsibility. I'm tired of paying for some other jackasses mistakes through my car insurance (well, if I had a car), taxes, and health premiums...

Guest bcnjunkie

Thank You

Guest web_norah

Thank You

werd!

Guest pod

The government seeks to protect us from ourselves.

Enough of this nanny state crap. I want a decentralized, libertarian form of government, now! If that means making Miami a "special area", so be it...We'll be like Hong Kong to China in that respect.

Guest bcnjunkie

The government seeks to protect us from ourselves.

Enough of this nanny state crap. I want a decentralized, libertarian form of government, now! If that means making Miami a "special area", so be it...We'll be like Hong Kong to China in that respect.

does that mean we will have to speak cantonese ?