Clubplanet Nightlife Community

mia article in new times

Guest saintjohn

Guest saintjohn

thanks (levelistic), thanks (mirza), and thanks (saleen) for encouraging my behavior - i really appreciate your kind words (constructive criticism is always welcome, too).

no more o g at m i a? i'm rather disappointed.

Guest AlanS

Nice article John, seems everywhere I look now I'm seeing your artcles, and that's a good thing :)

Guest coach

Yeah, looks good. Congrats! So, you gonna buy a round with your massive paycheck, now that you're a "real" writer? (Writers do get all the dough, right?)

Great article John. In my opinion MIA is getting a little too publicized though. I liked it best when it first started and it was very intimate with a lot of die hard music lovers. Now, it s 18+ for girls, they are bringing in Playmate Djs and its losing its charm. Not to say that I wont be back for Edgar and Markus, plus the food is excellent...food, fun friends and music...who can beat it on a Monday night in Broward/Dade or Palm Beach.

Guest vaughan

Great article John! I just wanted to say "Thank You" for keeping our beloved "scene" in the media! It needs all the help it can get and it's people like you that are gonna help us Keep On Keepin On!!! ;D

I'm sending you an IM right now!

Guest saintjohn

wow - thanks for all of the positive feedback.

dj_xl, vaughan - i definitely appreciate your support (and keep me on your respective mailing lists).

coach - yeah, i'm going to be the first freelance writer featured on cribs.

c - i agree. mia has definitely changed. bigger isn't always better.

again, thanks.

Guest saintjohn

pod - bad media exposure can be a plus, too, especially in this business.

mdamon - just wait until they open the sushi room.

Guest web_norah

Good media exposure is always a plus 8)

good and bad press is good imo :P

look at buzz other local places have

i wont name the bad

but ANY press is good

Way to go John, great article! I have to say, even though the crowd has evolved since the first few MIA Mondays, I wouldnt really say that the night has gotten too commercial. The cover charge has deterred the riff raff that was coming in, and there are plans in the works for more of an underground, less mainstream apprach - particularly with the addition of the Sushi Bar sometime in the near future.

While the downstairs room features the big name DJs, upstairs we consistently bring in our local DJs on a weekly basis. By the end of the night, the room is usually full, you wont believe how many people ask me who it is that its spinning up there and that they really enjoyed the music.

I want to thank John for always being there, ready with his camera (and cables!!). And you guys for supporting this night, especially you DJs that come out to spin for us.