Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A message from a concerned clubber...

A big clubbing night is rapidly approaching... This coming saturday, XESS Chicago is testing the grounds of Miami's house scene by bringing us a very special treat... Frankie Knuckles!!! If the party is a success and draws in a big crowd, the promoters will definitely continue bringing in highly coveted real house talent. Meanwhile, the folks at Club Space decided it would be fun (and very beneficial to Miami's fickle house scene) to bring Paul Oakenfold and Hernan Cattaneo alongside Murk to perform on the same night in question, May 22nd. By allowing Cattaneo to open for Oakenfold's marathon 2 hour set, Space believes they are making a worthwhile contribution to house music (or something along those lines)

What they may not realize, is while their Mickey Mouse club will draw in a huge crowd of clueless Perfecto clan admirers who are willing to pay $35 to listen to a load of overplayed Perfecto anthems, XESS Chicago will be evaluating the dedication of Miami clubbers to real house music. If this event goes smoothly and draws in a big crowd, XESS may very likely return with more uncompromised talent. So if you care enough about Miami's house scene and are willing to forego a Club Space outing for just one night so that you can listen to someone who put house music on the map, then for the love of house music, support Frankie Knuckles and the extremely capable and forward-thinking promoters who are bringing him to Miami!!! Or, if you can't live a saturday without your injection of Space poison, at least make an effort to show up to both venues!!! Thank you and have a nice day!

Guest pod

Umm two different crowds. Both events will do fine. Space will get 3,000+ for Oakie, and Nerve will be at capacity for Frankie...200 is a crowd at Nerve, remember.

If this is who I think it is, your usual MO won't be tolerated here.

Guest lyrik

Umm two different crowds. Both events will do fine. Space will get 3,000+ for Oakie, and Nerve will be at capacity for Frankie...200 is a crowd at Nerve, remember.

:P I think its one and the same! So take PODs advise ...he means it over here....keep it as respectable as possible.....or the PODZI will get ya.....j/k Dan.

Guest lyrik

jeez, promoters hating on promoters ?

No promoter is hating....these arent; the promoters of the events just supporters.

Guest pod

Andrew, I think it is someone we know with a penchant for West Coast House and the Bolivian Marching Powder. ;D

;D Pod, in all seriousness, if this site is truly about all things EDM, then this thread will remain unharmed in its original location. I know what I can and can't post on Cooljunkie. I assure you, my intentions on here are purely out of love and concern for real house music ;)

I will not be adhering to my usual modus operandi. ;D

Philip

Guest pod

See, I told ya! West Coast House and Coke!

But seriously, Phil...Oakie's and Frankie's crowd are like apples and oranges. Both events will do well. I don't see Space affecting Nerve's turnout one bit.

Hell, even your buddy from Space is gonna stop in for a bit.

Guest nickjunkie

Guys trust me, you'll be doing the Frankie event no favors with desperation promoting. The more you tell people they have to go because it's true house or a moral obligation or important to the scene, the less fun it sounds.

The way you're all posting makes it sound like the event is going to be empty and is desperate for people to come. Make it sound fun if you want people to come!

Guest macboy

Ban him! Ban him now!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Ban him! Ban him now!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

:'(

Guys trust me, you'll be doing the Frankie event no favors with desperation promoting. The more you tell people they have to go because it's true house or a moral obligation or important to the scene, the less fun it sounds.

The way you're all posting makes it sound like the event is going to be empty and is desperate for people to come. Make it sound fun if you want people to come!

I agree. I'm going to Nerve because it's my duty as a red-blooded American house music enthusiast! And so should all of you! :P

God, I sure HOPE it'll be a fun night. :-\

Guest lyrik

I agree I think we have said all we need to say about these 2 events in respect to the whys and why nots.....now its time to just let it take its course. I have confidence that the Frankie party will go very well and of course nobody has to doubt Space...they will have their crowd as usual. Frankie party might be packed out the door I HOPE <3

Guest lyrik

[move]THERE IS NO COKE HERE, MOVE ALONG[/move]

Can we expect to see you in the house for Frankie?? You gotta no a good portion of his set will be classics.

oh GREAT....look what the cat dragged in! :-\

Now I have to leave this board too...and I just got here..

You are hurting Frankie's party instead of helping it....your post sounds like a desperate cry for help....sad really

When will you realize that you only hurt the scene with your negativity...but wait, what am I saying? I forgot, you are totally meaningless! carry on genius!

:-X