Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Breaks/DnB/Trance/Etc. HELP AT SPACE!!!

Guest DJTeKWReK

Guest DJTeKWReK

All right guys, I need EVERYONE's help here. I'm beginning a negotiation with Space to bring Breaks, DnB, Trance, etc., to the Patio during normal club hours. HOWEVER.... My team won't start actually promoting it unless we get a good response to the idea. If this started, post up here if you would be interested. BRING BACK BREAKS! House music has become too general, and not even House's phase grooves like Tribal House, Deep House, etc., are staying alive. Why? Because they are straying too far from the roots of Electronic Music itself. Electro will be the media giant soon, and Hip Hop culture will turn into OUR ELECTRONIC culture. You guys see this happening already. Trust me, in 5 years, you will flip on TRL and see Tiesto, Sander K, and Lawler videos filling up the 10 spots! With the evelotion of society, so goes the evolution of music, and Electronic Music is it. HELP ME START THE REVOLUTION! LET'S MAKE SPACE THE WORLD ELECTRO VENUE IT SHOULD BE. NOT JUST HOUSE AND HIP HOP. LET'S BRING THE ESSENCE OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC BACK! CHECK OUT MY NEW ALBUM, ECLECTIC ELECTRIC, AND TAKE A TRIP BACK TO YOUR ROOTS OF THE EDGE, THE MIX, SHADOW, AMENISIA, AND SALVATION WHILE TRIPPIN THOUGH SPACE, CROBAR, LEVEL AND I/O. PLEASE POST YOUR THOUGHTS!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can post all we want but people must actually SHOW UP to make a night work. Id love to hear some breaks and trance...nothing wrong with variety. :D

I usually find myself waiting for the terrace to open up and it would be nice to have the option to hear some different DJs and types of music all on the same night, at the same venue.

You do raise a valid point, the last thing we need is for house music to become too commercialized. Once that happens, there goes our music. I think a little variety early in the night before Roly gets on would be good. Some breaks and DNBwould be nice.

Guest pod

You can play whatever you want and make it successful on the patio, or anywhere else, with the right promotion.

It is tricky with drum n bass though, since it is a very select market.

What turns off a lot of "conventional" clubgoers from the drum n bass/breaks nights is the crowd. They (incorrectly) think that the night will be overrun with dirty pill popping morons. The trick is to promote this as being beyond that...

Guest durrtylexx

I doubt D&B will work at Space, and breaks well I love breaks but the crowd tends to be young.Space is 21 and over, and isn't cheap.I use to go to breaks parties at the edge and countless events, the scene has changed.Now trance thats an idea that can be played with. thats just my opinion. :P

Guest durrtylexx

I went to 2 break parties during the WMC and they were sad.I went to Breaks day with Icey and Uberzone and the place was empty.I also went to the Future sound of Breaks party and the place was full of kids and no one was dancing.Florida was the land of breaks back in 97,not anymore. Once again thats just my opinion.

Guest xbbdc

dnb and breaks work in tampa, and orlando. but miami like got rid it of lol.. i dont know that much, just what people tell me all the time, also my friend lives here in miami lakes and is a dj/producer for dnb.. he said he went to tampa, orlando, and somewhere in georgia a lot to play... not that much down here though :(

i tell u what ..

u can "cry" all u want but Space will NEVER, (let me say this again) WILL NEVER become a full trance or any other EDM related type shit .. other than House

i like Drum & Bass, and even sometimes listen to some breaks, but thinking of making the possibly "best club in the Americas" a "jungle" venue ... is like comparing the guy with the hot dog stand at 11st against Tantra ..

go out, do some more "research" and try a different venue ..

and ... good luck buddy

Guest tac13081

Andrew I dont think he was implying that Space should be a full trance dnb club but rather have variety...Let me tell you one of the best nights ive had at space in terms of music (because it was way too packed) was during WMC when you had the main room of trance with Edgar V, PVD, and Marco V you had the other room with Babby Anne, Icey and dnb(forgot the dj's name right now), and you had the patio with Murk and Saeed and Palash......I never stayed in one room and had a blast all night long. Now I know it is during WMC and the cost is probably real high to book all these djs for one night but never say never....... :)

Andrew I dont think he was implying that Space should be a full trance dnb club but rather have variety...Let me tell you one of the best nights ive had at space in terms of music (because it was way too packed) was during WMC when you had the main room of trance with Edgar V, PVD, and Marco V you had the other room with Babby Anne, Icey and dnb(forgot the dj's name right now), and you had the patio with Murk and Saeed and Palash......I never stayed in one room and had a blast all night long. Now I know it is during WMC and the cost is probably real high to book all these djs for one night but never say never....... :)

WERD!!!! :D

Guest lyrik

Though I don't frequent Space or any big clubs here much anymore...I think the old adage of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here. I will keep all other comments in regards to the "roots" of EDM to myself as that subject has been beaten into the ground here...the idea may not be a bad one but the view point and approach to it is biased and skewed. I could argue the same in regards to bringing in certain types of house music DJs that are not usually brought to Miami's bigger clubs, but seem to be booked every where else here in the states and over-seas. For one, Miami as a majority is not educated or "aware", to put it more PC, about underground dance music as a whole. Blind leading the blind mentality reigns supreme...sure there a lot of people on the boards that know their shit, but what percentage of the clubbing population does that really make up? If any of you have ever been to some of these smaller clubs on certain nights you know what I am talking about. Secondly, the breaks and dnb scene here is not strong enough to support these nights...as mentioned by weston and as noticed by many off the boards that have been to these parties in the past...again the percentage of the clubbing population is small and then you have to factor in a ton of different variables, from age to prcing to promtion etc. To put it in even more simple terms, ignorance is bliss. If you don't know or care about what you are missing out on why try to be accepting of new ideas if you are satisfied with the same old same old...its habit and routine...but to those that are on the outside looking in, so to speak, it becomes stale, redundant and stagnant....its sad for those wanting change...but again those people are the minority and the majority will always drive what you will be offered up in these bigger clubs. Until profits drop and numbers of people coming out decrease...I wouldn't anticipate any drastic long trm changes in the business models of these establishments.

Guest LeVeL

i tell u what ..

u can "cry" all u want but Space will NEVER, (let me say this again) WILL NEVER become a full trance or any other EDM related type shit .. other than House

i like Drum & Bass, and even sometimes listen to some breaks, but thinking of making the possibly "best club in the Americas" a "jungle" venue ... is like comparing the guy with the hot dog stand at 11st against Tantra ..

go out, do some more "research" and try a different venue ..

and ... good luck buddy

Well Mr. Hater, there are a lot of house tunes that incorporate breaks in them. And there are a lot of of House Dj's that play breaks....I actually think its a great idea play breaksand th people eventually will like it, the same way we are bombarded with house at every venue at the end you dont have no choice but to like due to some quality tunes in the genre. And last breaks are not for kids, you probably see kids there because they play breaks in venues which allow an 18 and over crowd.

But give that crowd a bad ass break beat with some vocalz and believe me that patio will be going crazy.

Guest durrtylexx

I attended this party also,I hung out in the smaller room and checked out Baby Anne and I think Rap was spinning aswell. Mind you I had a blast, but it was during the WMC and Space was 18 and over that night.Miami has no soul, its all about going to the cool clubs.Few clubbers follow scenes or DJ's.

Guest ddg

no rap that night...it was icey, baby anne, aaron carter from cirrus, ak1200, monk, and kimball collins....thats where the party was that night for me....i hardly hung out in the main room for pvd....then saeed and palash destroyed the patio..... 8)

I attended this party also,I hung out in the smaller room and checked out Baby Anne and I think Rap was spinning aswell. Mind you I had a blast, but it was during the WMC and Space was 18 and over that night.Miami has no soul, its all about going to the cool clubs.Few clubbers follow scenes or DJ's.

it's like that anywhere, don't be so pessimistic! that's why we have cooljunkie, to unite. sounds corny, but it's true. 8)

Guest LeVeL

no rap that night...it was icey, baby anne, aaron carter from cirrus, ak1200, monk, and kimball collins....thats where the party was that night for me....i hardly hung out in the main room for pvd....then saeed and palash destroyed the patio..... 8)

Ahh!! Diego your bringing beautiful memories to my head. I remeber aside from the breaks room and the main room madness.....I believe the outside room with the bleachers was the highlight for me on that night. But the patio got definetely destroyed by Saeed and Palash, those guys rock cant wait for them to come back.

Guest ddg

Ahh!! Diego your bringing beautiful memories to my head. I remeber aside from the breaks room and the main room madness.....I believe the outside room with the bleachers was the highlight for me on that night. But the patio got definetely destroyed by Saeed and Palash, those guys rock cant wait for them to come back.

werd to the outside room..... 8)