Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Breaks/DnB/Trance/Etc. HELP AT SPACE!!!

Guest DJTeKWReK

Guest DJTeKWReK

First, lemme thank all of you for posting up. SEE, THIS IS A MAJOR MISSUE IN MIAMI! OK, lemme quote two of you guys . First: "For one, Miami as a majority is not educated or "aware", to put it more PC, about underground dance music as a whole. Blind leading the blind mentality reigns supreme...sure there a lot of people on the boards that know their shit, but what percentage of the clubbing population does that really make up?" ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS... EXACTLY! DON'T YOU THINK IT'S TIME THAT WE, THE REAL ELECTRO LOVERS, LEAD THE BLIND INTO THE LIGHT? DON'T YOU THINK THAT SPACE WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO EDUCATE THE UNEDUCATED MASSES? Second, "Well Mr. Hater, there are a lot of house tunes that incorporate breaks in them. And there are a lot of of House Dj's that play breaks....I actually think its a great idea play breaksand th people eventually will like it, the same way we are bombarded with house at every venue at the end you dont have no choice but to like due to some quality tunes in the genre. And last breaks are not for kids, you probably see kids there because they play breaks in venues which allow an 18 and over crowd.

But give that crowd a bad ass break beat with some vocalz and believe me that patio will be going crazy." THAT THERE IS THE TRUTH. IF YOU PLAY THE RIGHT SHIT FOR PEOPLE, THEY ARE GONNA BUMP! I'M NOT TALKIN 1997 FRANKIE BONES SHIT. I'M TALKIN ABOUT BRINGING THE ENTIRE ELECTRO REVOLUTION THE EARS OF THE UNEDUCATE PEOPLE BEING BOMBARDED SOLELY BY HOUSE! LET'S SAVE THEIR MORTAL SOULS WITH THE DIGITAL REVOLUTION! Oh yeah, I would like to say this as well: By going "HEY! LOOK, RETRO FASHION IS HERE!" and a whole bunch of DJ's scrambling to make a House re-mix of Depeche Mode and other Retro stars and playing it for the uneducated will allow those Von Dutch Wearers to stay bringing our music into the radio mainstream, eliminating the truth form our music. BTW, I DO OWN VON DUTCH STUFF, NO OFFENSE. BUT THERE IS ONE THING TO LOOK FORWARD TO. THE UNDERGROUND WILL ALWAYS BE STRONGER THAN THE MAINSTREAM, AND TRUE ELECTRO CANNOT DIE. BUT IF YOU WANNA SEE THE FUTURE OF ELECTRO ON TRL AND LISTEN TO SANDSTORM OVER AND OVER ON 93.1, THEN GO AHEAD. OTHERWISE, I SUGGEST WE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS AND BRING THE ELCTRO MUSIC GEN AS A WHOLE TO EYES OF THE REGULAR WORLD!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the old adage of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here.

sad, but this is the truth of the matter. space is packed until noon. F*CKIN NOON. it's packed, based on a certain formula that obviously works. house and hip hop get the crowds. the only trance that seeps its way in is the big dogs. me, i'd love to hear some other genres of electronic music there. but, mr. djtekwrek, you've got an uphill battle ahead of you. but, that doesn't mean it's impossible.......

Guest lyrik

Problem is #1 Space doesn't need to change anything or take risks....and #2 all the other venues that have tried this before have all come up short and failed.

Guest bcnjunkie

I think Lumonics is closing or is closed already.

Hey XL, how ya doing ? lumonics closing ? really ? it's a museum no ? anyhoot makes no difference to me since I don't enjoy the fossil-like feeling I got when I walked in there.

Guest AlanS

I think Lumonics is closing or is closed already.

Hey XL, how ya doing ? lumonics closing ? really ? it's a museum no ? anyhoot makes no difference to me since I don't enjoy the fossil-like feeling I got when I walked in there.

LOL...Doing good bro... its mentioned both on their web page and the audiooptik page...just thought I'd share the news.

Guest tac13081

Andrew I dont think he was implying that Space should be a full trance dnb club but rather have variety...Let me tell you one of the best nights ive had at space in terms of music (because it was way too packed) was during WMC when you had the main room of trance with Edgar V, PVD, and Marco V you had the other room with Babby Anne, Icey and dnb(forgot the dj's name right now), and you had the patio with Murk and Saeed and Palash......I never stayed in one room and had a blast all night long. Now I know it is during WMC and the cost is probably real high to book all these djs for one night but never say never....... :)

I attended this party also,I hung out in the smaller room and checked out Baby Anne and I think Rap was spinning aswell. Mind you I had a blast, but it was during the WMC and Space was 18 and over that night.Miami has no soul, its all about going to the cool clubs.Few clubbers follow scenes or DJ's.

Even though its not the most popular thought, for clubbers to follow scenes or DJ's it must start somewhere....Clubs should do more 18+ nights so it will attract more people thus creating a following....People in general appreciate all kinds of music...as long as it makes them move!!!!I remember when I was 18 being introduced to electronic music and its scene.....I havent looked back since!!!! ;D

All right guys, I need EVERYONE's help here. I'm beginning a negotiation with Space to bring Breaks, DnB, Trance, etc., to the Patio during normal club hours. HOWEVER.... My team won't start actually promoting it unless we get a good response to the idea. If this started, post up here if you would be interested. BRING BACK BREAKS! House music has become too general, and not even House's phase grooves like Tribal House, Deep House, etc., are staying alive. Why? Because they are straying too far from the roots of Electronic Music itself. Electro will be the media giant soon, and Hip Hop culture will turn into OUR ELECTRONIC culture. You guys see this happening already. Trust me, in 5 years, you will flip on TRL and see Tiesto, Sander K, and Lawler videos filling up the 10 spots! With the evelotion of society, so goes the evolution of music, and Electronic Music is it. HELP ME START THE REVOLUTION! LET'S MAKE SPACE THE WORLD ELECTRO VENUE IT SHOULD BE. NOT JUST HOUSE AND HIP HOP. LET'S BRING THE ESSENCE OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC BACK! CHECK OUT MY NEW ALBUM, ECLECTIC ELECTRIC, AND TAKE A TRIP BACK TO YOUR ROOTS OF THE EDGE, THE MIX, SHADOW, AMENISIA, AND SALVATION WHILE TRIPPIN THOUGH SPACE, CROBAR, LEVEL AND I/O. PLEASE POST YOUR THOUGHTS!

This could be the weirdest thread ever....I cant beleive there are so many replies.....and what exactly are we talking about??

The Edge, The Mix, Shadow, Amnesia and Salvation are the roots???

House is straying too far from the roots of electronic music?? But Steve Lawler and Sander K. will be on TRL in 5 years??

huh?

what?

Im confused ???

You didnt mention Techno....dont you think that is the closest link to electronic roots that we have today???

Breaks came way after the fact didnt they???

DnB???

HUH???

Who are you nogotiating with at Space???

questions...questions....questions

??? ??? ??? ???

Guest swirlundergrounder

How is House straying from Electronic music when House is the root of Electronic music?

I don't go to Space as much as I used to anymore but I do know that Consistancy is an important part of a club success...

I like Breaks and Drun N' Bass, but I don't think Space is the place for either genre. Maybe if they had a 4th area for it but neither would go over well in a venue with 3 or less rooms...

Start a night somewhere that's dedicated to just Drum N' Bass or Breaks. You'll have more sucess that way with either genre. Besides the type of people who would enjoy either genre are people who don't necessarily like the bigger crowd that Space brings in...

Get a venue like Nerve to do a D-N-B night..That would go off nicely some place like that.... Or somewhere in the Design District..

All right guys, I need EVERYONE's help here. I'm beginning a negotiation with Space to bring Breaks, DnB, Trance, etc., to the Patio during normal club hours. HOWEVER.... My team won't start actually promoting it unless we get a good response to the idea. If this started, post up here if you would be interested. BRING BACK BREAKS! House music has become too general, and not even House's phase grooves like Tribal House, Deep House, etc., are staying alive. Why? Because they are straying too far from the roots of Electronic Music itself. Electro will be the media giant soon, and Hip Hop culture will turn into OUR ELECTRONIC culture. You guys see this happening already. Trust me, in 5 years, you will flip on TRL and see Tiesto, Sander K, and Lawler videos filling up the 10 spots! With the evelotion of society, so goes the evolution of music, and Electronic Music is it. HELP ME START THE REVOLUTION! LET'S MAKE SPACE THE WORLD ELECTRO VENUE IT SHOULD BE. NOT JUST HOUSE AND HIP HOP. LET'S BRING THE ESSENCE OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC BACK! CHECK OUT MY NEW ALBUM, ECLECTIC ELECTRIC, AND TAKE A TRIP BACK TO YOUR ROOTS OF THE EDGE, THE MIX, SHADOW, AMENISIA, AND SALVATION WHILE TRIPPIN THOUGH SPACE, CROBAR, LEVEL AND I/O. PLEASE POST YOUR THOUGHTS!

This could be the weirdest thread ever....I cant beleive there are so many replies.....and what exactly are we talking about??

The Edge, The Mix, Shadow, Amnesia and Salvation are the roots???

House is straying too far from the roots of electronic music?? But Steve Lawler and Sander K. will be on TRL in 5 years??

huh?

what?

Im confused ???

You didnt mention Techno....dont you think that is the closest link to electronic roots that we have today???

Breaks came way after the fact didnt they???

DnB???

HUH???

??? ??? ??? ???

dude house is ova, soon you'll be bagging grocerys at the local Sedanos and ralph will be serving ice cream at Carvel..

Guest pod

There's no stinking Carvel joint in Miami. The best they can muster is a Baskin Robins kiosk in a mall. 8)

There's no stinking Carvel joint in Miami. The best they can muster is a Baskin Robins kiosk in a mall. 8)

whatttttttttttttt? no Carvel???? are you kidding me???

give me a joint and some of those ice cream saucers and i'm a happy person. but since I do the low carb thing, I can't :(

Guest LeVeL

there a bunch of carvels in Hialeah......so come down to Hialeah Saleen....we'll serve you a Cuban vanilla Icecream.

Guest eKiTeL

I haven't read the whole thread, but by way of reply to the original post, if you want a revival of break beats, and the whole 90's rave vibe just wait another 10 years or so, right now is an 80's revival, next will be a 90's revival, and that whole rave culture that seems really out of style to most of us now will be in style again! and people like you, the die hards, can say "hey I'm the real deal yo! I never stopped raving, I've been true to the sound this whole time" and then you'll deserve alot of credit, but not yet, just wait ;)

Guest JMT

Hey Pod here is a Carvel Cookie Puss cake from our drug dealers at cp..

2.jpg

ha ha ha!

man i remember those commercials from back in the day, carvel himself used to do the voice-over.

Guest coach

??? ??? ??? ???

Yeah, I think this is really the only relevant point. Not to be mean to a newbie, but someone just jumps in out of nowhere to start asking for our "help"? Anybody know this guy? You got any references, kid? If you really had the wherewithal to pull this off at Space, you would not need our "help". Nothing we can do will make this happen for you. You need cash and you need clout and you need an established following to throw an event at Space.

I don't know anything about the music, what came when or who is the grandfather of whom, but I DO know marketing and event production and asking strangers for to help you do your business is not the way to do it. Sorry to be so harsh, but it is the experience of many hard years in the field.

I wish you the best of luck, but I would echo the advice of some of the others. Start smaller, unless you really have the bankroll to do this. Build up your reputation at smaller events and venues. Bring breaks to clubs that can support it and branch out from there.

Actually, I just realized, this is kind of a funny coincidence. My own crew (Ringmaster) is doing a breaks event up on Lauderdale Beach in July. And I am planning on pitching another one to a smaller SoBe venue when I get back in town in a couple weeks. Glad to see I am following my own advice, LOL.

In any case, do keep us updated and let us know how it is going. More breaks = g00d.

Guest swirlundergrounder

??? ??? ??? ???

Yeah, I think this is really the only relevant point. Not to be mean to a newbie, but someone just jumps in out of nowhere to start asking for our "help"? Anybody know this guy? You got any references, kid? If you really had the wherewithal to pull this off at Space, you would not need our "help". Nothing we can do will make this happen for you. You need cash and you need clout and you need an established following to throw an event at Space.

I don't know anything about the music, what came when or who is the grandfather of whom, but I DO know marketing and event production and asking strangers for to help you do your business is not the way to do it. Sorry to be so harsh, but it is the experience of many hard years in the field.

I wish you the best of luck, but I would echo the advice of some of the others. Start smaller, unless you really have the bankroll to do this. Build up your reputation at smaller events and venues. Bring breaks to clubs that can support it and branch out from there.

Actually, I just realized, this is kind of a funny coincidence. My own crew (Ringmaster) is doing a breaks event up on Lauderdale Beach in July. And I am planning on pitching another one to a smaller SoBe venue when I get back in town in a couple weeks. Glad to see I am following my own advice, LOL.

In any case, do keep us updated and let us know how it is going. More breaks = g00d.

Exactly.....Start your revolution small and go from there. It's much easier that way.... I don't think having money would help you either. I'm sure space has been approached many times by people with more money than the next guy can even imagine.. Space has a formula and people from all over the place come to experience that formula that's been going on for years which has survived a venue move, scandals with the city, internal personel shuffling etc....

And this thing about variety every week won't work..People who pay $20.00 to get in and $8-$15 bucks a drink and $5 for water want to know what to expect week in and week out....

So again..start small.. build your own vibe for your future! Space has it's vibe let it be..Be creative and you'll last a lot longer in your endeavor... Leave your own legacy....! but don't try to leave it at Space...... ;)

Guest bcnjunkie

wasn't disco the base for electronic music and nightclub culture, hence DISCOtheque ? so how about a disco night at Space ;D J/K .... really J/K ;D

Guest lyrik

wasn't disco the base for electronic music and nightclub culture, hence DISCOtheque ? so how about a disco night at Space ;D J/K .... really J/K ;D

I think they had a couple of those disco themed parties.