Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Breaks/DnB/Trance/Etc. HELP AT SPACE!!!

Guest DJTeKWReK

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ceradinimp

I can't believe I spent that last 30min reading this entire thread. I need to get back to work! But before I do I have to get in my two cents:

- I don't get drum & bass, it sounds like unfinished music, a base line without a song, what is that?!

- Implementing change, even at well-established venues, is how you stay at the top. If you rest on your laurels you'll get steamrolled! TeKWRek, if you have an in at Space, go for it!

- I need to know if anybody has some suggestions for better radio music, 93.1 is killing me!

- Hip Hop at Space is fun. It's a good break from the boom, boom, boom in the main room. I can understand some people's dislike for Hip Hop and the crowd it draws, but at good venues it get the floor jump'n!

- I have yet to hear Breaks played down here (missed it at WMC), Coach, if you can provide the where and when I'd love to check out your party in Ft. Lauderdale.

Guest lyrik

I can't believe I spent that last 30min reading this entire thread. I need to get back to work! But before I do I have to get in my two cents:

- I don't get drum & bass, it sounds like unfinished music, a base line without a song, what is that?!

- Implementing change, even at well-established venues, is how you stay at the top. If you rest on your laurels you'll get steamrolled! TeKWRek, if you have an in at Space, go for it!

- I need to know if anybody has some suggestions for better radio music, 93.1 is killing me!

- Hip Hop at Space is fun. It's a good break from the boom, boom, boom in the main room. I can understand some people's dislike for Hip Hop and the crowd it draws, but at good venues it get the floor jump'n!

- I have yet to hear Breaks played down here (missed it at WMC), Coach, if you can provide the where and when I'd love to check out your party in Ft. Lauderdale.

You like hip-hop, but not dnb/jungle...should have checked out Danny the wildchild when he was here last Sunday. True a lot of dnb gets repetitious, but there is also really good jump up shit out there. Check the DJ I mentioned also dillinja, roni size, ed rush and optical...all of which throw a very urban edge to their music. There are plenty of vocals to the genre you just have to know what artists to check out...also a lot of dnb was produced to be uniform with an MC variable in mind.

Guest ceradinimp

You like hip-hop, but not dnb/jungle...should have checked out Danny the wildchild when he was here last Sunday. True a lot of dnb gets repetitious, but there is also really good jump up shit out there. Check the DJ I mentioned also dillinja, roni size, ed rush and optical...all of which throw a very urban edge to their music. There are plenty of vocals to the genre you just have to know what artists to check out...also a lot of dnb was produced to be uniform with an MC variable in mind.

Lyrik, thanks for the heads up, I'll try and check out those DJs.

I am sorry I missed Danny, but you can't make them all. I am however checking out Tiesto on Friday. I love the music and the energy at his shin'digs. I hope it's good!

Guest swirlundergrounder

...........and BTW, this thread also SUCKS !!!!!! :-X

Again , I agree :P

I'm not directing this to anyone single person on this thread but all I have to say is that there are a few idiots who are posting on this thread in my opinion. IDIOTS!!!!!!

Guest Cosmigonon

...........and BTW, this thread also SUCKS !!!!!! :-X

Again , I agree :P

I'm not directing this to anyone single person on this thread but all I have to say is that there are a few idiots who are posting on this thread in my opinion. IDIOTS!!!!!!

I agree with you too ;D

OSCAR G, THIS IS A REPLY IS DIRECTLY TO YOU: About the roots straying. They are. The Edge, Slavation, etc. are the roots, OF THE MIAMI PARTY SCENE, not electronic music. sorry if there was confusion. Second, my point about TRL is that ELECTRONIC MUSIC IS BECOMMING MORE COMMERCIALIZED. WHAT USED TO BE JAZZY MUSIC IN ADVERTISEMENT TURNED TO RETRO, THEN HIP HOP, NOW, ELECTRONIC MUSIC IS TAKING IT OVER. VIDEO GAMES, MOVIES, TV SHOWS, COMMERICALS, RADIO. THE #1 RADIO STAION BY DANCESTAR AWARDS WAS?.... MY POINT PROVEN.

TO ALL OF YOU, I DIDN'T THINK I WOULD HAVE TO POST THE ONE DAMN THING THAT ANY TRUE ELECTRONIC MUSIC FOLLOWER KNOWS: THE POINT OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC IS TO PUSH THE LIMITS AND BOUNDARIES OF THE MUSIC AND IT'S INTERPRETAION BY THE BOTH THE LISTENER AND PRODUCER. WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS BELIEF?!?!? THIS IS MY POINT OF TRIBAL AND DEEP HOUSE PHASES PROVING TO BE TIRED VERY QUICKLY. WHY? EVEYRONE'S TRYING TO DO THE SAMETHING. NOW IT'S RETRO MIXES. DO NOT GET ME WRONG. I LOVE THESE STYLES OF MUSIC. JUST NOT FROM EVERY DJ TRYING TO BE LIKE THE REST OF THE SCENE. MAKE SOME NEW FRIGGIN BEATS,. BRING EM TO THE DECKS. DO WHAT TIMO MAAS DOES, INCORPORATE EVERYTHING, AND BRING IT TO THE MASSES. IF YOU ARE A REAL DJ, STYLE OF MUSIC WILL BE TRANSCENDED BY YOUR ABILITY TO CHOOSE MUSIC THAT THE CROWD CAN FEEL, AND THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU PRESENT IT. it's all about the mix. DID I FORGET TO RESPOND TO ANYONE?

OH YEAH, ABOUT THROING IT, AND HELP AND WHATEVER THIS GUY WAS SAYING ABOUT ME AND MY FAME. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GO BAK TO THE ORIGINAL THREAD. READ HOW I HAVE AN IDEA, AND HOW IM PRESENTING IT TO EVERYONE, AND HOW I WOULD NEED THEIR HELP TO DO IT, BUT FIRST, I ASKED FOR EVERYONES OPINIONS AND OUTLOOKS, WHICH HAS NOW TURNED INTO A 6 PAGE THREAD.

GO RENT 24 HOUR PARTY PEOPLE AND LOOK AT THE TRUE ORIGINS OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC. IT CAME FROM PUNK. DISCO, ROCK, FREESTYLE AND BREAKS EXPANDED THE GENRE OF ELECTRO TO CREATE HOUSE, DNB, TECHNO, ETC. WATCH THE MOVIE AND BE ENLIGHTENED.

Salvation on the beach? as in Saturday nights with Dj Abel?

or the original Salvation in Downtown??

The roots of the "Miami party scene" came way before any of those clubs you mentioned...as far as House Music goes, there was Danny Tenaglia at Cheers, Aldo Hernandez at Club Nu, David Padilla at Warsaw, David Knapp and Luis Diaz at Boomerang (and were not even talking 1990 yet at this point)..and way before that , there was a thriving electro and freestyle scene in Miami, where there were even radio stations dedicated to that style of music...and LONG before that there was a HUGE disco scene in Miami with some of the biggest disco classics being created right here by local producers on record labels like TK DISCO..and every week there would be live performances by Disco's biggest artists at several Miami clubs... ..My point is...I think maybe what you mean is those clubs are YOUR roots in the scene...I, for one, never even went to The Edge (although Ive heard plenty about it from Bruce and Stryke)

At that point I was traveling every week...playing clubs like The Hacienda (see 24 hour Party People ;) ) Ministry of Sound, Pacha, Yellow...(and years before that being inspired at clubs like Zanzibar in NJ, Shelter, Red Zone and Sound Factory in NYC) but anyway.....

You sound very passionate about SOMETHING....I just don't quite understand what that SOMETHING is.....It is definitely a good thing though...we need more people who are passionate about dance music, it is what has kept it alive for so many years....I just think your posts border on random thoughts and arent really getting to the point, (if there is a point)...

When people start using terms like "REAL DJs" and "TRUE ORIGINS" I always tune out because this is exactly what holds EDM back...Elitism runs rampant in our small industry and it is always an obstacle...we could definitely do without it...

Good luck with whatever it is you are trying to do...

BTW: The Dancestar awards are for Dance Music...The nominees for "Best Radio Station" were ALL dance music stations...not sure what point was proven by your comments above ???

Guest lyrik

makes me wonder how much "info" on the miami scene i have gathered in the past 2 years ..

You don't know shit beotch...now where's my freakin coffee you silly Colombian!

Guest DJTeKWReK

Well, I gotta say, once again, OSCAR, you brought it WAY back for us all. True, the list you made refers to even deeper roots then the ones i mentioned. The "point" of those clubs i listed was that they are the roots of the elctro scene here in miami. Without a doubt, because their partying is what became the change-over the SoBe Velvet Rope lines because of the MASS amounts of people coming out. Miami has always been a party city, everyone knows that. Wanna talk about Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack on Ocean Drive back in the day? You are very right about points being strewn within these threads and the original "point" of mine being lost. Please realize that there are 9 pages of threads here, and most replies are directed to me. It's hard to stay completely on topic. To clarify once and for all, lemme make my point.

House music is the heart of the great scene we belong to. Off of house, the rest of electronic music was born. ALL PARTS of electronic music are equally as important as house music because they help to support the scene. With the death of ther electro genre, so goes the death of the scene. The death i'm speaking of is not the erradication of eltro, but the commercialization. "Sandstorm," a fuckin awesome song but it got played out. Still, when you hear it, you gotta bump cause of the memories and passion of that song. Do you want to see your music played to death in commericals, TV shows, movies, etc, util they find something else to play off of, the same way they are doing it to hip-hop? My point is keep your eyes open people. Remember the past! EMBRACE THE PAST! Don't let house take a trend of commercialization. Use the other genres to expand house. That is the root of house music.

Guest DJTeKWReK

Then obviously you dont like techno. Remeber people, i speak form a perspective that loves ALL ELECTRO. I have no bias on an electro genre. Sandstorm was a good song... BUT BACK IN THE DAY.

Guest DJTeKWReK

Close it then! Everyone is having a good time talking about this shit. Let it go on for weeks as long as poeple arent getting stupid. Ill bet a lot of partiers got schooled on shit during this post, which, was one of my goals. Do you see how easy it was to get people excited? 10 pages of thread? ALL I HAD TO DO WAS PLAY THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE,. AND LOOK WHAT I SPAWNED... THE BEGINNING OF THE REVOLUTION I TALKED ABOUT IN MY ORIGINAL POST. TONIGHT, FRIDAY JUNE 18TH, GO TO CLUB SAPCE. DJ TIESTO WILL BE ROCKING THE HOUSE. I WILL BE ROAMING THE MASSES LIKE ALWAYS. IF YOU SEE SOMEONE BRINGIN BACK GLOWSTICKS, YOU'LL KNOW ITS ME. So i would like to thank EVERYONE who responded to these posts like i asked. Ive been having alot fun talking about this, and I know most of you have too. If not, even better, because I sparked your passion for electro. If this rings true in your head, look for the guy creepin through space with the Grey Burberry Bucket Hat 2nite, and you can tell me personally how much you hate me for my love of the music and the scene. PARTY HARD, AND PARTY SAFE PEOPLE.

Guest LeVeL

Hey I appreciate your passion for Electro but your not coming here to this website to educate anyone on dance music. I believe everyone in this board knows their shit already. Now about your sandstorm comment,"hell fucking yeah it was the jam back in days", and believe me it will never be forgottten.

Now my question to you.......have you received the proper help to bring other types of electro to Space, cause if you haven't then stop bitching and do something about. because thats your reason for starting this thread now lets move on and Pod please close this thread.

Guest DJTeKWReK

Of course I know everyone know's their shit here. Like i said b4: "ALL I HAD TO DO WAS PLAY THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE,. AND LOOK WHAT I SPAWNED... THE BEGINNING OF THE REVOLUTION I TALKED ABOUT IN MY ORIGINAL POST." I came here for one reason, to see people get riled up about the music again, and it worked. I caused no harm whatsoever. We've all been having fun with this! As for the "help" with Space... Lemme explain something to you. I was born in the 305, but I enetered the scene in Orlando. There once existed a place called "The Club at FIRESTONE." It still exists today, but due to the "Rave Ban" in Orange County, the entire scene sucks because it forced Firestone to colse at 2 am. Before this though, Firestone was the #1 Electro club in the Nation according to Rolling Stone Magazine. I started spinning there among the ranks of Icey, Keoki, Andy Hughes, Baby Anne, Sandy, Merlyn, and other scene old-skoolers. I saw the death of the mecca known as Firestone as well. I've been watching and playing though the scene for a couple of years now, and I'm back to see the love of the music brought to the world's eyes. DAMN I LOVE THIS DEVIL'S ADVOCATE SHIT. Cause maybe the truth is.... i've just eaten one too many BEANS in my lifetime... ;) 8)